Shoutbox

New Community Manager - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: New Community Manager (/showthread.php?tid=93806)

New Community Manager by Patchou on 02-10-2010 at 04:10 AM

Hey Everyone!

I'd like to introduce Vanessa from Yuna Software.  As you know, Messenger Plus! was becoming so grownm so large, that it was becoming difficult for me to manage all its aspects by myself. This is where Yuna Software comes into play: Vanessa is the newest addition to the company and her task will be centered around the forum and what's around it. She will help make Messenger Plus! and our community even better: with more frequent updates, even more features, and to give YOU, the users, more personalized attention. She will be available to answer all the questions that you may have about new versions, tech issues and all comments that you may have. 

Here is a short introduction from herself: Vanessa is 25 years old and is coming from Los Angeles, California.  When she’s not working, she loves to read and is writing on her book, a piece of realistic travel-fiction.  She loves  the beach, warm weather, dogs, cartoons and is absolutely obsessed with Alice in Wonderland.  Her favorite book is "The Little Prince". She loves helping people and hopes one day to volunteer in an orphanage in India. She is extremely happy to join the community and is looking forward to meeting and speaking with everyone.  She claims to make the best guacamole and loves to travel all around the world, meeting new friends. 

For those of you who are still wondering, I am still here! I have not gone anywhere.  I am the Software Architect at Yuna Software which means I’m still working everyday to help bring you guys the best from Messenger Plus!. I will always be available by email and will still be around in the forum as well.

Let’s all give Vanessa a warm welcome :).
Take care,
Patchou

RE: New Community Manager by NiteMare on 02-10-2010 at 04:15 AM

Great to see that we're going to have a point of contact between the Yuna and the community, thanks Patchou, and welcome Vanessa :)

RE: New Community Manager by warmth on 02-10-2010 at 04:20 AM

The most important thing is that you are still there :P! Welcome Vanessa!

RE: New Community Manager by NanaFreak on 02-10-2010 at 04:36 AM

Welcome Vanessa!

And it is good to finally have someone from Yuna that we can communicate with [=

RE: New Community Manager by Th3rmal on 02-10-2010 at 05:38 AM

I demand guacamole be sent to all members of this board to validate its proposed deliciousness!

Side note, welcome Vanessa =]

whats her forum ID?

RE: New Community Manager by Mike on 02-10-2010 at 05:40 AM

Welcome Vanessa! :wave:

RE: New Community Manager by tony on 02-10-2010 at 05:51 AM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/member.php?uid=87364 :p

RE: New Community Manager by ahmetgns on 02-10-2010 at 07:44 AM

Welcome Vanessa. Have a good time here.

RE: New Community Manager by Salem on 02-10-2010 at 08:01 AM

Welcome to the Community Vanessa.

As has been said before, its good to contact with someone from Yuna. Hopefully this will be people (myself included) at ease regarding the future of Messenger Plus! Live and its community.

~Salem(@)

RE: New Community Manager by Choli on 02-10-2010 at 08:49 AM

Welcome Vanessa. I hope we can hear (read :P) some words from you soon. Maybe you can't speak spanish, but in any case you are also welcome to the official spanish forums. :)

RE: New Community Manager by mynetx on 02-10-2010 at 08:55 AM

Hello Vanessa, take a seat with us.

The idea of a Community Manager is not bad, and I’m confident that you will do your job well.  I have made good experience with the Community Managers at Microsoft too.  In fact, when I saw the post title, the first thing I said was, “Finally.”

Wishing us a good cooperation! :)
mynetx

RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-10-2010 at 09:54 AM

Hi Everyone!  :D

First, I'd like to thank Patchou for the very warm welcome!  I'm so happy to join the Messenger Plus! community which Patchou has done a marvelous job of creating and managing since 2001.  The bar has been set very high for me and Yuna Software, and we're very excited to make Messenger Plus! even better than it already was.  Like Patchou said: with more frequent updates, cool new features and more personalized attention for you guys-the users, testers and translators. 

Please, feel free at any time to send me private message, email or write something in the forum about anything related to Messenger Plus! or even just to say hello (I love meeting new people)! :)  I am ALWAYS welcome to your personal feedback, questions, comments as well as constructive criticism (plain criticism is rarely helpful, please keep it constructive). 

To continue the introduction made by Patchou, I'm 25 years old and a Los Angeles, California native.  Yes, Patchou's claim is true-I make some of the most amazing guacamole ever known to man.  Maybe if I'm feeling super generous I'll share the recipe with you all (it's super easy but it's just...AMAZING!).  I love to read and write-I majored in Psychology and Journalism at University and love to spend my free time working on my book and writing short stories and articles. 

I love movies, travel, and want to go to India someday to volunteer in an orphanage and study yoga at a Yoga ashram (I love yoga).  I love the beach, vintage shopping and animals.  I love going to second hand stores and finding something absolutely amazing-my last amazing find was a REAL 60's vintage Hermes handbag for $100 (I checked all of the seams, stitching, hardware, zippers-which are the telltale signs of a replica handbag).

I am SUPER excited about the Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland, set to hit theaters next month!  I am obsessed with Alice in Wonderland and I really hope this version is true to the original Lewis Carroll stories while adding new depth to the story.  It looks quite promising (at least visually speaking, and from the various previews I've seen), but I think I'll save my opinion until I've finally seen it.

Thank you all SO much for your warm welcome and I look forward to being a part of this amazing community.  I look forward to getting to know you all and please-feel free to say hi! ;)

Yours truly,
Vanessa (Alice)

[Image: alice-and-wonderland-1.jpg]

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
I demand guacamole be sent to all members of this board to validate its proposed deliciousness!

Side note, welcome Vanessa =]

whats her forum ID?

Hahah! At the next company meet and greet I will be there with my guacamole! 

Thanks so much for your warm welcome!
:D
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Welcome Vanessa. I hope we can hear (read :P) some words from you soon. Maybe you can't speak spanish, but in any case you are also welcome to the official spanish forums. :)

Yo hablo un poquito.  Estudie espanol en escuela y tambien mi mami habla espanol.  Yo intiendo mucho, pero tambien me olvide mucho.  :)
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Great to see Yuna software is now not just "a bunch of mysterious people who don't seem to talk" anymore.

Welcome to the community. I can imagine it's not that easy to get familiar in short time with a forum/community which has been going for years. Hope you'll fit in :).

Also hope you'll be able to answer some the questions the testers and translators have about their status now Plus! is not solely in Patchou's control anymore.

Hi Menthix-thanks for your welcome.  Your comment about Yuna being "a bunch of mysterious people who don't seem to talk"  is exactly the reason why I was brought in as a community manager-to serve as YOUR point of contact to Yuna.  :D

I am here to answer all questions you may have about Plus!  If I don't know the answer-I will let you know when I can get back to you with an answer and ask whoever does know at Yuna.  :)  Please try to be understanding that there are many people who do work at Yuna-and I may have to ask another person or department about your question.  I am always here to help in whatever way I can and look forward to having a great time with you all on the forum.   :D

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
Wow, this is some wonderful news. I'm very happy that we now have an official point of contact, dedicated just for that. Congratulations on the new position and welcome aboard. (Y). As many will tell, I was rather frustrated with the lack of communication *cough* CookieRevised *cough* so this is great news for me :P.

Hi Lou-I'm glad that you're happy to have me here!  Thanks for the welcome.  In terms of communication-please, communicate away.  I'm all ears.  8-|
RE: New Community Manager by Sunshine on 02-10-2010 at 09:59 AM

Welcome to the community Vanessa :)

RE: RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-10-2010 at 09:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Hello Vanessa, take a seat with us.

The idea of a Community Manager is not bad, and I’m confident that you will do your job well.  I have made good experience with the Community Managers at Microsoft too.  In fact, when I saw the post title, the first thing I said was, “Finally.”

Wishing us a good cooperation! :)
mynetx

Thanks so much for your kind words!  And thank you so much for your welcome! 

I look forward to speaking with you all-really!  :D :D
RE: New Community Manager by Menthix on 02-10-2010 at 11:06 AM

Great to see Yuna software is now not just "a bunch of mysterious people who don't seem to talk" anymore.

Welcome to the community. I can imagine it's not that easy to get familiar in short time with a forum/community which has been going for years. Hope you'll fit in :).

Also hope you'll be able to answer some the questions the testers and translators have about their status now Plus! is not solely in Patchou's control anymore.

RE: New Community Manager by Lou on 02-10-2010 at 11:12 AM

Wow, this is some wonderful news. I'm very happy that we now have an official point of contact, dedicated just for that. Congratulations on the new position and welcome aboard. (Y). As many will tell, I was rather frustrated with the lack of communication *cough* CookieRevised *cough* so this is great news for me :P.

RE: New Community Manager by djdannyp on 02-10-2010 at 11:38 AM

Nice to se you here Vanessa, I think this helps allay our fears over the future of Messenger Plus! Live to some extent..as you can imagine we've all been quite concerned over the past few months with some of the goings-on.  We've all invested a lot of time and energy into helping Plus! get to where it is today!.

To quote Casablanca, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"

RE: New Community Manager by Eddie on 02-10-2010 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Nice to se you here Vanessa, I think this helps allay our fears over the future of Messenger Plus! Live to some extent..as you can imagine we've all been quite concerned over the past few months with some of the goings-on.  We've all invested a lot of time and energy into helping Plus! get to where it is today!.

To quote Casablanca, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"
Can't really add more to that, but I do Welcome you to the Plus! Community :)
RE: New Community Manager by Vilkku on 02-10-2010 at 01:32 PM

THE RETURN OF PLUS! BABE! :D

Welcome, and someone hook her up with some custom user name colour!

RE: New Community Manager by mynetx on 02-10-2010 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
with some custom user name colour
Like “purple plsz”?
RE: New Community Manager by Chris4 on 02-10-2010 at 01:54 PM

Hey Vanessa,

Once again, welcome to the forum. :P

Like Menthix said, very glad to hear from someone from Yuna Software!

On a side note, I'm going to L.A. in a couple months to see family, might see you there! :awesome:

See you around,

Chris

RE: New Community Manager by blessedguy on 02-10-2010 at 01:57 PM

Hi Vanessa :)
But Guacamoles? :( They don't taste good... try a Maria Mole or Brigadeiro, much better :D

Anyways, welcome!

RE: New Community Manager by matty on 02-10-2010 at 02:20 PM

Welcome Vanessa, not only to Yuna but also to the ever growing community.

Are you still living in L.A.? Hopefully Cyril doesn't make you move from the nice warm climate in California to the bitter coldness in Canada. Luckily this winter hasn't been too bad.

Again welcome to the community and company. Hopefully soon enough we can all be up to speed with everything going on.

P.S. I am still awaiting a reply from Yuna about a personal request.

quote:
I second that!

RE: New Community Manager by djdannyp on 02-10-2010 at 02:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Are you still living in L.A.?

Her time-zone is set to UK (hover over to see 'poster's local time').....dunno if that's a mistake or not?

RE: New Community Manager by Aeryn on 02-10-2010 at 02:42 PM

Hey Vanessa, welcome to the community. :)

And I agree, the new Alice in Wonderland does look promising. I'm looking forward to seeing it, as well, especially because it has such a great cast. *adores Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman* :D

RE: New Community Manager by John Anderton on 02-10-2010 at 03:09 PM

Welcome to the community :)
Also, did I hear India? ;o I sense a Plus! meet in India coming.. (yes, because there are only 2 regular users here who are Indians and not having a meet makes me feel left out :sad:)

RE: RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-10-2010 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Haz
Hey Vanessa, welcome to the community. :)

And I agree, the new Alice in Wonderland does look promising. I'm looking forward to seeing it, as well, especially because it has such a great cast. *adores Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman* :D

It looks amazing: Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman, Anne Hathaway!

I am ESPECIALLY excited for Mia Wasikowska's debut-she will be playing Alice.  She is an Australian unknown, but I think she is extremely charming from the previews and everything I've read and seen about her.  I think it was very fresh of Burton to choose an unknown-and I anxiously await her rendition of Alice.  Hopefully she can live up to high standards I have set for her. :P
RE: New Community Manager by Eljay on 02-10-2010 at 03:38 PM

And this thread has turned into a discussion about Alice in Wonderland, brilliant! :P

Welcome to the community! :wave:

RE: New Community Manager by tony on 02-10-2010 at 04:00 PM

Welcome Vanessa ;)

RE: New Community Manager by Felu on 02-10-2010 at 04:04 PM

Welcome to the community, Vanessa! Good to have a representative from Yuna Software. Finally we can learn more about what's happening behind the scenes.

Do check out the forum rules once. Double posting isn't allowed. You, apparently, don't seem to be aware of that. Not that you'll ever get banned :tongue:...

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Also, did I hear India? ;o I sense a Plus! meet in India coming
RE: New Community Manager by user35870 on 02-10-2010 at 04:05 PM

Welcome!

RE: RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-10-2010 at 04:08 PM

Lol-I certainly got told in this thread!  Thanks for your welcome Felu.  :P  I actually did read the rules but forgot about double posting when it finally came time to post in this thread. Thanks for the reminder though!

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
Welcome to the community, Vanessa! Good to have a representative from Yuna Software. Finally we can learn more about what's happening behind the scenes.

Do check out the forum rules once. Double posting isn't allowed. You, apparently, don't seem to be aware of that. Not that you'll ever get banned :tongue:...

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Also, did I hear India? ;o I sense a Plus! meet in India coming

RE: New Community Manager by MeEtc on 02-10-2010 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vanessapurpleplsz
At the next company meet and greet I will be there with my guacamole!
August 28, 2010. Jack Astor's, Front St W, Toronto
RE: New Community Manager by albert on 02-10-2010 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc

WHAT? MEET PLANNED WITHOUT INVITING ME? :(:(

On a happier note, welcome to the forums Vanessa. :)
RE: RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-10-2010 at 04:14 PM

Shukran Yahi u ahlan wasahaln!  Ana tehki kaman shway aravia.  :)

quote:
Originally posted by albert
quote:

On a happier note, welcome to the forums Vanessa. :)

RE: New Community Manager by matty on 02-10-2010 at 04:30 PM

How many languages do you speak?

quote:
quote:
I am down for that!
RE: RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-10-2010 at 04:32 PM

My grandfather spoke 10, my mother speaks 6-I speak 2 fluently and 2 of average decency.  I love languages-I wouldn't mind learning a few more! :D

quote:

quote:
quote:
I am down for that!

RE: New Community Manager by albert on 02-10-2010 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Shukran Yahi u ahlan wasahaln!  Ana tehki kaman shway aravia.  
hehehe.
RE: New Community Manager by user27089 on 02-10-2010 at 06:39 PM

Welcome to the forum Vanessa - it's nice to finally have someone on here who represents Yuna Software. Patchou has been really busy recently and the only information we've had is either speculation or been passed along by Chinese whispers. I'm not on this forum often, so you're unlikely to see me around these parts often.

Good luck.

RE: RE: New Community Manager by CookieRevised on 02-10-2010 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Hi Everyone!  :D
a very warm welcome to this awesome community.

As many have said, finally having a voice from Yuna here is exactly what this community needed. Kuddos for that!

I just hope you wont be overwelmed by the many questions we will be firing at you in the next couple of days. Some questions/comments might be harsh though (or might come across like that). Just remember we were sitting here for a couple of months without knowing anything (or at least very very little) and a lot of speculations. This isn't good for a close community which was always very very close to the product it attempts to support. Many people here 'grew' up with Plus! and have put a lot of their free time and energy in it giving support, translating, testing, etc... So in the last couple of weeks a lot of frustrations have been build up...

But once most questions are answered in one way or the other, things would probably calm down a bit and the true spammingposting can begin :p

Anyways...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=987240]

---------

quote:
quote:
with some custom user name colour
Like “purple plsz”?
That would be cool :D wdz?
quote:
quote:
I second that!
Third....
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
And this thread has turned into a discussion about Alice in Wonderland, brilliant! :P
hehehe, her first off topic-ness :p
* CookieRevised slaps Vanessa with a non existing changelog of build 376
quote:
Originally posted by Lou
As many will tell, I was rather frustrated with the lack of communication *cough* CookieRevised *cough* so this is great news for me :P.
;) ;)

RE: New Community Manager by prashker on 02-10-2010 at 08:34 PM

Hey Vanessa I hope you won't mind my inappropriate jokes :zippy:

RE: New Community Manager by Veggie on 02-10-2010 at 09:24 PM

Welcome to the community!

RE: New Community Manager by roflmao456 on 02-10-2010 at 09:50 PM

ohai

RE: New Community Manager by Basilis on 02-10-2010 at 10:40 PM

Welcome Vanessa

RE: New Community Manager by robert_dll on 02-10-2010 at 10:48 PM

Welcome :)

RE: New Community Manager by blessedguy on 02-10-2010 at 11:50 PM

quote:
My grandfather spoke 10, my mother speaks 6-I speak 2 fluently and 2 of average decency.  I love languages-I wouldn't mind learning a few more!
YOU ARE MY IDOL
By the way, ever heard of esperanto? (A)
RE: New Community Manager by Th3rmal on 02-11-2010 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Hey Vanessa I hope you won't mind my inappropriate jokes :zippy:
I live for those jokes, in fact im suprised you havent made one already. why is this?

Also, why not an Australian Plus! meet? I think we deserve one!

/offtopicness
RE: New Community Manager by Rolando on 02-11-2010 at 12:52 AM

Haha wow. I can't wait to see the new Alice in Wonderland either.

Welcome aboard.

RE: New Community Manager by prashker on 02-11-2010 at 01:15 AM

quote:
I live for those jokes, in fact im suprised you havent made one already. why is this?
My god! My penis is breaking it's current trend of flaccid-ness because of your reply! [Image: sonicspam.gif]
RE: New Community Manager by Nagamasa on 02-11-2010 at 01:43 AM

Welcome Vanessa!

I read The Little Prince last semester, boy is it hard to read en francais! (lol not really :P)

But enjoy the lack of purple on the forum!

RE: New Community Manager by prashker on 02-11-2010 at 01:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I read The Little Prince last semester, boy is it hard to read en francais
Heh, that was part of my grade 10 exam :p
RE: New Community Manager by Joa on 02-11-2010 at 02:01 AM

welcome to the community :)

quote:
Originally posted by albert
apparently i wasn't invited either :sad:
RE: New Community Manager by kezz on 02-11-2010 at 03:46 AM

Welcome Vanessa!

Great to have you here :). And yes, someone seriously get her some purple!

RE: New Community Manager by warmth on 02-11-2010 at 03:50 AM

quote:
My grandfather spoke 10, my mother speaks 6-I speak 2 fluently and 2 of average decency.  I love languages-I wouldn't mind learning a few more! :D

quote:

quote:
quote:
I am down for that!

How about talking spanish with me? ;)

RE: New Community Manager by Voldemort on 02-11-2010 at 06:01 AM

Hello Vanessa, I'm sorry to say that my guacamole is better, but that's ok. Welcome.

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
Double posting isn't allowed. You, apparently, don't seem to be aware of that. Not that you'll ever get banned
there you go veteran member felu.

pd: i associate yuna with purple (before i saw your username). no idea why.

also, i like your work schedule, it's certainly not 9-5

RE: New Community Manager by L. Coyote on 02-11-2010 at 07:24 AM

:P Wicked! Welcome! Woot!

Grab a baseball bat and join the fun!

RE: RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-11-2010 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
My grandfather spoke 10, my mother speaks 6-I speak 2 fluently and 2 of average decency.  I love languages-I wouldn't mind learning a few more!
YOU ARE MY IDOL
By the way, ever heard of esperanto? (A)

your idol?  lol-I wouldn't go THAT far!  My mom speaks Portuguese btw-she made me learn the whole Mashkinada when I was 12 and dance around my 7th grade music class in a full Carmen Miranda ensemble-fruit basket and all.  Was by far one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

She actually transliterated the whole song so I could understand it and made me practice it until she was confident I was street legal.

I've heard of Esperanto but I see no point to learn it.  ;)  Right now I am learning Arabic which I think is far more practical-actually.  After Arabic I think I'll brush up on my Spanish (it's decent but rusty) and maybe attempt Portuguese or French afterward.

RE: New Community Manager by Lou on 02-11-2010 at 10:59 AM

quote:
French
Well then, that shall be interesting :P. Can't wait to see that.
RE: New Community Manager by blessedguy on 02-11-2010 at 11:55 AM

quote:
she made me learn the whole Mashkinada when I was 12 and dance around my 7th grade music class in a full Carmen Miranda ensemble-fruit basket and all.  Was by far one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.
I can imagine =P Miranda's hat is a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle weird in real life...
I don't like Samba (glad I live far -pretty far- from places where Samba is people's choice), which "Mas que nada" is. MPB (like Águas de Março) sounds a bit better for me. I'm more into CSS style electronic, like Alala.

quote:
I've heard of Esperanto but I see no point to learn it.
At least you heard about it 8-)

quote:
Right now I am learning Arabic which I think is far more practical-actually.
I've already tried to learn arabic since I've got some friends who speak it, but decided to go on Japanese first (I'll try to join the Monbukagakusho Scholarship program, afterall).

quote:
After Arabic I think I'll brush up on my Spanish (it's decent but rusty) and maybe attempt Portuguese or French afterward.
Spanish is the easiest of them, being Portuguese hard to write and French the hardest one. You get used to the lack of neutral gender and those diacriticts, someday :P
Good luck!
RE: New Community Manager by sagood on 02-11-2010 at 01:17 PM

Welcome! i like plus!°

RE: New Community Manager by mathieumg on 02-11-2010 at 02:25 PM

Welcome to the community!

Out of curiosity, have you watched "Alice 2009", a 3h mini-series that aired back in December 09 on Syfy? It depicts the adventures of Alice in Wonderland as well, but from a "modern" point of view. I found it quite interesting, especially loved the visuals. I believe the upcoming movie will be great too, yet more aimed towards the kids (as were the book and the animation movie) than the mini-series was.

RE: New Community Manager by jpg050 on 02-11-2010 at 07:13 PM

Welcome! :D

RE: New Community Manager by Choli on 02-11-2010 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Right now I am learning Arabic which I think is far more practical-actually.  After Arabic I think I'll brush up on my Spanish (it's decent but rusty) and maybe attempt Portuguese or French afterward.
forget about Arabic a go directly with Spanish :refuck: ;)

PS: Did you read my private message?
RE: New Community Manager by John Anderton on 02-12-2010 at 01:56 AM

quote:
quote:
Another meet I can't attend. </3 Adam :cry:

Hm.. if I save up, I could attend one of these next year or so :P
RE: New Community Manager by Hank on 02-12-2010 at 02:02 AM

i'd attend if someone pays my airfare :refuck:

Welcome Aboard Vanessa

RE: New Community Manager by John Anderton on 02-12-2010 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mathieumg
Out of curiosity, have you watched "Alice 2009", a 3h mini-series that aired back in December 09 on Syfy? It depicts the adventures of Alice in Wonderland as well, but from a "modern" point of view. I found it quite interesting, especially loved the visuals.
Seconded. Didn't know about the movie though.
RE: New Community Manager by GioSoul on 02-14-2010 at 03:55 PM

Welcome in the community, Vanessa! :)

RE: New Community Manager by Spunky on 02-14-2010 at 05:31 PM

Was holding off until I had some witty comment, but seeing as thats not going to happen any time soon...

Welcome.

So are there any plans to add her name to the Forum Team list?

RE: New Community Manager by Hank on 02-14-2010 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
Was holding off until I had some witty comment, but seeing as thats not going to happen any time soon...

Welcome.

why bother with that when Yuna owns MsgPlusLive now.
RE: New Community Manager by Chrono on 02-15-2010 at 12:09 AM

Welcome, Vanessa! :chroppy:

RE: New Community Manager by djdannyp on 02-15-2010 at 01:27 AM

quote:

Welcome.

She's not actually part of the Forum Team though is she?
RE: New Community Manager by Lou on 02-15-2010 at 03:46 AM

quote:
quote:

Welcome.

She's not actually part of the Forum Team though is she?
She's part of Yuna, but she's not part of the forum team. She doesn't have any control as far as I know.
RE: New Community Manager by Spunky on 02-15-2010 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
She's part of Yuna, but she's not part of the forum team. She doesn't have any control as far as I know.

Well I'm an Elite and "have no control"... But she is the one we need to ask questions about Plus! now and new users won't know that. It may help the odd few that check that page...
RE: New Community Manager by maxrase on 02-15-2010 at 07:38 PM

Welcome Vanessa :)

I already introduce you to the french community !

RE: New Community Manager by Chrissy on 02-15-2010 at 10:53 PM

The forum team list should really update its self :P

RE: New Community Manager by djdannyp on 02-15-2010 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc

Yes, but she isn't part of the Forum Team......she isn't an Elite/Mod/Admin....so that's why she's not on the list ;)
RE: New Community Manager by andrey on 02-15-2010 at 11:12 PM

pff.. we could still list her under "others" :p

(stop being so elitish :tongue:)

oh, and hi vanessa btw.

RE: New Community Manager by NanaFreak on 02-16-2010 at 05:27 AM

quote:
quote:

Yes, but she isn't part of the Forum Team......she isn't an Elite/Mod/Admin....so that's why she's not on the list ;)
the elite dont deserve to be on the forum team if Yuna Support Staff (that could be the group on the forums for her...) are not on it, the Yuna staff will hopefully be providing more information that the elites...
RE: New Community Manager by Menthix on 02-16-2010 at 04:27 PM

quote:
enough is enough
Indeed.

Yet another new build pushed out to auto-update yesterday without any news or changelog. Still no answers to the questions testers and translators had since the beginning of this whole situation. And Vanessa MIA since the 11th.

:(
RE: New Community Manager by matty on 02-16-2010 at 04:29 PM

I wish my job would pay me for being MIA!

Maybe there is an explanation outside of her control. Maybe a death in the family who knows. Or maybe she has gotten over her head...

RE: New Community Manager by albert on 02-16-2010 at 05:23 PM

quote:
I wish my job would pay me for being MIA!

Maybe there is an explanation outside of her control. Maybe a death in the family who knows. Or maybe she has gotten over her head...

I think she's most likely in training then anything else..
RE: New Community Manager by vaccination on 02-16-2010 at 05:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
enough is enough
Indeed.

Yet another new build pushed out to auto-update yesterday without any news or changelog. Still no answers to the questions testers and translators had since the beginning of this whole situation. And Vanessa MIA since the 11th.

:(
Why do you think I've turned off notification of updates? Don't think I'll be upgrading from this build any time soon.
RE: New Community Manager by Eddie on 02-16-2010 at 05:53 PM

I was happy to see that maybe we would get more news, but it appears that Yuna are just making everything so transparent and taking the personal and communication aspect out of development that Patchou tried to have whenever updates no matter how minor were made.

RE: New Community Manager by Rolando on 02-16-2010 at 05:58 PM

Yay for giving us false hope!

And yeah, I turned off auto-updates as well.

RE: New Community Manager by warmth on 02-16-2010 at 06:47 PM

This is incredible... :( All that Patchout built is gonna end...

RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-17-2010 at 11:27 AM

Hi Guys,

I am SO SO sorry for disappearing on all of you! :(  I did not mean to give off that feeling. I'm certainly  not Casper the friendly ghost, I wouldn't leave you guys stranded and disappear. Sadly, I caught a terrible virus and have been sick in bed with a very high fever, antibiotics, and I'll leave the rest of the details out. ;)  Basically, my life has revolved around sleeping most of the day the past few days.  I hope you can all forgive me. :$

I am writing you sitting in bed right now, still very ill but will do my best to pop in and out as much as I can until I get better...the doctor expects for me back to myself 100% in about a week.

Yuna software is always here to serve all of our community members and intend to stick around for another few years. We haven't all done all this work together as a community for no reason! :D

Just to update all of you, Yuna will be bringing in additional community managers to make sure that all of your posts/requests are answered as quickly as possible. 

Alright guys, I'm off to get some R&R (rest and relaxation)...will talk to you all again soon.

Signing out from bed...
Sick Alice :(

RE: New Community Manager by Eddie on 02-17-2010 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
This is incredible... :( All that Patchou built is gonna end...
Seems that way unfortunately, unfortunately the interest in add-ons and things relating to Windows Live Messenger dropped off some time ago, and with the advent of Wave 4 supposedly adding one or two of MP!L's key features it will just continue to get worse. But I was hoping that we would be proven wrong by "Vanessa", but we haven't received any new information or any news from the company, or at least the general community hasn't.
RE: New Community Manager by Lou on 02-17-2010 at 12:48 PM

quote:
Hi Guys,

I am SO SO sorry for disappearing on all of you! :(  I did not mean to give off that feeling. I'm certainly  not Casper the friendly ghost, I wouldn't leave you guys stranded and disappear. Sadly, I caught a terrible virus and have been sick in bed with a very high fever, antibiotics, and I'll leave the rest of the details out. ;)  Basically, my life has revolved around sleeping most of the day the past few days.  I hope you can all forgive me. :$

I am writing you sitting in bed right now, still very ill but will do my best to pop in and out as much as I can until I get better...the doctor expects for me back to myself 100% in about a week.

Yuna software is always here to serve all of our community members and intend to stick around for another few years. We haven't all done all this work together as a community for no reason! :D

Just to update all of you, Yuna will be bringing in additional community managers to make sure that all of your posts/requests are answered as quickly as possible. 

Alright guys, I'm off to get some R&R (rest and relaxation)...will talk to you all again soon.

Signing out from bed...
Well that is quite understandable. I'm just hoping that you read the posts and private messages you've been sent asap though. Get better, and I'll once again give you the benefit of the doubt.
RE: New Community Manager by mynetx on 02-17-2010 at 01:28 PM

quote:
Signing out from bed...
I know what it means to be in bed, being able to do nothing but slurping tea and sleeping... Get better soon. :)
RE: RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-17-2010 at 05:49 PM

much appreciated Lou :)

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
quote:
Hi Guys,

Signing out from bed...
Well that is quite understandable. I'm just hoping that you read the posts and private messages you've been sent asap though. Get better, and I'll once again give you the benefit of the doubt.

thanks mynetx-I appreciate your support :)

quote:
quote:
Signing out from bed...
I know what it means to be in bed, being able to do nothing but slurping tea and sleeping... Get better soon. :)

RE: New Community Manager by Chrissy on 02-17-2010 at 05:51 PM

Can we have some information on Yuna Software? Like who owns it, people employed, were it's based etc?

RE: New Community Manager by Lou on 02-17-2010 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Can we have some information on Yuna Software? Like who owns it, people employed, were it's based etc?
Unamed individuals, Patchou & Vanessa +, Montreal/Laval? For less information, see yunasoftware.com
RE: New Community Manager by warmth on 02-17-2010 at 07:40 PM

Vanessa normally the replies are made after the quoted posts... I hope you get better very fast to help us here with this huge mess we have...

RE: New Community Manager by toddy on 02-17-2010 at 07:43 PM

quote:
to help us here with this huge mess we have
u actually expect real answers rather than fob-offs? lol
RE: New Community Manager by matty on 02-17-2010 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
quote:
Unamed individuals, Patchou & Vanessa +, Montreal/Laval? For less information, see yunasoftware.com
[Image: pwned9rv.jpg]

What does that have to do with anything? Nothing

http://yunasoftware.com redirects to http://msgpluslive.net... how sad :(
RE: New Community Manager by Hank on 02-18-2010 at 03:53 AM

quote:
Hi Guys,

Signing out from bed...
Vanessa, does that mean Yuna will be taking over the Forum to?

RE: RE: New Community Manager by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-19-2010 at 10:44 AM

No-the forum admins will still be doing all of the moderation-I am just here to help out and answer questions directed at Yuna

I'm sorry that many of you feel let down-but please, I just ask that you have a little bit of patience and just a little bit of compassion-I have been sick in bed with a pretty bad case of pnuemonia and I'm very sorry to say that I have not been on the forums as much as I should have been.

To everyone who has sent kind words and messages-thanks they are really appreciated.  I understand that many of you really want to know about Yuna-I have been absolutely bombarded by questions and personal mails.  Please have a little bit of patience and please know that I do not intend to ignore anyone.  All messages WILL be answered. 

Just please, have a little patience and remember that at the end of the day we're all human.  We all get sick, and things happen. 

Yours truly,

Vanessa 

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
quote:
Hi Guys,

Signing out from bed...
Vanessa, does that mean Yuna will be taking over the Forum to?

RE: RE: RE: New Community Manager by NanoChromatic on 02-19-2010 at 11:09 AM

Hey Vanessa and welcome to the community. :) Get well soon.

RE: New Community Manager by ahmetgns on 02-19-2010 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Vanessa normally the replies are made after the quoted posts...
Seconded.

This is important because noticing at the end that your post was actually a reply to one of the posts above is a bit...erm...i don't know but we are not used to your style of answering :)
RE: New Community Manager by Th3rmal on 02-19-2010 at 01:32 PM

quote:
I'm off to get some R&R (rest and relaxation)
doesnt R&R stand for rest and recuperation?
RE: New Community Manager by djdannyp on 02-19-2010 at 01:58 PM

quote:
quote:
I'm off to get some R&R (rest and relaxation)
doesnt R&R stand for rest and recuperation?

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/R&R

Or both of them..and a whole lot more besides ;)
RE: New Community Manager by Voldemort on 02-20-2010 at 03:39 AM

quote:
I caught a terrible virus and have been sick in bed with a very high fever, antibiotics, and I'll leave the rest of the details out.
... I know I'm going to sound like the ass I am.. but if you're taking antibiotics for a virus... those are not going to help :p, you probably mean antivirals
RE: New Community Manager by John Anderton on 02-20-2010 at 04:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
I caught a terrible virus and have been sick in bed with a very high fever, antibiotics, and I'll leave the rest of the details out.
... I know I'm going to sound like the ass I am.. but if you're taking antibiotics for a virus... those are not going to help :p, you probably mean antivirals
picky picky.. I think she was trying to generalize and use common terms instead of specifics :P Bad Voldy.. no soup for you!
RE: New Community Manager by Nathalie on 03-04-2010 at 01:03 PM

Hello again from Yuna Software. My name is Natalie, and I have both good news and sad news.  The sad news, unfortunately, is that Vanessa had to leave us for personal (health) reasons.  We hope that she will return, but at this point it looks like she’ll be gone for awhile. I’m sure you all wish her well.  I know that this may seem annoying, just as you were getting to know and connect with her.   

The good news is that I’ve stepped in to replace Vanessa as Community Manager, and plan to be here for a long time!  I’m originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. As my nickname states, I like the colour green and also am concerned about ecological and green issues.  Unlike Vanessa, I don’t know how to make guacamole, but I make a mean fruit salad.  I look forward to meeting you here and helping you out as best as I can.

RE: New Community Manager by tony on 03-04-2010 at 01:35 PM

Well hi :p

RE: New Community Manager by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 01:37 PM

There's quite strong reason to believe that this isn't genuine, so please tread carefully for now

Edit: Apparently it is genuine, so false alarm :P

RE: New Community Manager by blessedguy on 03-04-2010 at 01:50 PM

quote:
There's quite strong reason to believe that this isn't genuine, so please tread carefully for now
quote:
Originally posted by nataliegreenisgood
the sad news, unfortunately, is that Vanessa had to leave us
At least partly true.
[Image: c0ee58f664689ce630d765f15acee42d.png]

(Ok, did I miss something or anyone hasn't yet confirmed nataliegreenisgood is actually from Yuna?thanks mnjul)
RE: New Community Manager by Nathalie on 03-04-2010 at 02:08 PM

Thanks for letting everyone know that my message is NOT a false alarm. 

My intentions are genuine and I really want to help you all.

RE: New Community Manager by matty on 03-04-2010 at 02:08 PM

quote:
Hello again from Yuna Software. My name is Natalie, and I have both good news and sad news.  The sad news, unfortunately, is that Vanessa had to leave us for personal (health) reasons.  We hope that she will return, but at this point it looks like she’ll be gone for awhile. I’m sure you all wish her well.  I know that this may seem annoying, just as you were getting to know and connect with her.   

The good news is that I’ve stepped in to replace Vanessa as Community Manager, and plan to be here for a long time!  I’m originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. As my nickname states, I like the colour green and also am concerned about ecological and green issues.  Unlike Vanessa, I don’t know how to make guacamole, but I make a mean fruit salad.  I look forward to meeting you here and helping you out as best as I can.
Welcome!

It is quite a shame that she no longer will be able to grace us with her presence. Is Vanessa's Yuna Software email still active?
RE: New Community Manager by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 02:11 PM

quote:
Thanks for letting everyone know that my message is NOT a false alarm. 

My intentions are genuine and I really want to help you all.

Apologies for that, your timing was just VERY bad after a couple of spam accounts were created with similar names to yours (girls name + colour) and posted some inappropriate content.

Welcome to the Forums and hopefully you can help us in the ways that Vanessa never quite managed to (evidently due to circumstances beyond her control!)

As soon as you have access to the apprioriate places I'm sure that matty will redirect you to a thread where your attention is urgently required :)
RE: New Community Manager by Mnjul on 03-04-2010 at 02:41 PM

For people wondering about genuinity: http://www.msgpluslive.net/news/2010/03/04/commun...nager-replacement/

RE: New Community Manager by vows on 03-04-2010 at 03:47 PM

lol this is like a soap opera. the plot thickens.

RE: New Community Manager by Chrissy on 03-04-2010 at 05:56 PM

No way she's off for health issues (yeas she did claim she was I'll). I think there replacing her for some other reason or something we are not getting to know.

I think there's something very odd going on around here.

RE: New Community Manager by Rolando on 03-04-2010 at 06:08 PM

I'm starting to think this is all an elaborate April's Fools joke. lol.

And what's with Yuna employees and colors? Vanessapurple, nataliagreen?

RE: New Community Manager by Eddie on 03-04-2010 at 06:24 PM

Hmmm, don't know what to say really. Welcome I guess, but time will tell...

RE: New Community Manager by Chrono on 03-04-2010 at 09:47 PM

[name]likes[color] is sad :(