Shoutbox

Wireless keyboard game problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Wireless keyboard game problem (/showthread.php?tid=93823)

Wireless keyboard game problem by RaPLeX on 02-12-2010 at 05:48 PM

Hi all :)

I have wireless multimedia keyboard but i get problem while playing game.I cant use more than 3 button at same time.For example when i running in some fps game i cant turn right or left while running.Cuz its stops after i push any button.Same for other games.Computer dont allow to push 3-4 different button at same time.I installed driver again but i couldnt solve the problem.:S

RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by djdannyp on 02-12-2010 at 06:34 PM

Are you able to press 4 buttons at others times?

Such as Ctrl+Alt+Shift+A to produce Á ??

RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by RaPLeX on 02-12-2010 at 06:48 PM

yes

RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by kao on 02-12-2010 at 07:03 PM

Get a better keyboard, it's obviously a shite or old one that can't send more than 3 key presses at once.

Some old/crap keyboards are like that.

RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by djdannyp on 02-12-2010 at 07:48 PM

Sounds like it's just not the game being very reponsive, especially if you can do it at other times.

Might be worth buying some kind of controller too if you do a lot of PC gaming

RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by MeEtc on 02-12-2010 at 08:12 PM

Many keyboards have this limitation, due to the way the electronic pathways are lined up inside, they simply aren't designed for multiple keys aside from the modifier keys. Personally I bought a Logitech G-13, and its great.

RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by Adeptus on 02-13-2010 at 12:20 PM

What MeEtc said.  This is in large part why "gaming keyboards" exist.

Also, I am not by any means an amazing gamer, but even I found that I couldn't play with a wireless keyboard the one time I tried that.  There is a bit of a lag factor and it is simply unacceptable (I was trying out one of Microsoft's wireless keyboard/mouse sets).

Get yourself a wired keyboard and preferably one designated for gaming, and you will be fine.

RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by RaPLeX on 02-13-2010 at 03:34 PM

i started to play with my old wired keyboard cuz i cant solve that problem :/ thank y'all..

RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by NanaFreak on 02-14-2010 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Might be worth buying some kind of controller too if you do a lot of PC gaming
only for racing games, or arcade games like street fighter. FPS games are MUCH MUCH MUCH better with keyboard mouse...

also i have been gaming for about 2 years with my logitech wireless keyboard... its not a gaming one (LINK)... one of my friends says that he can see the lag with the mouse and that but i have no problems...

seems like you just have to get a good brand (no, MS is not a good brand...) and it should work nicely [=

the only problem i have had is GTA IV with windows 7... for some reason i cannot press multiple keys like WASD... and my mouse doesnt respond too well while playing either...
RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by Spunky on 02-14-2010 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
seems like you just have to get a good brand (no, MS is not a good brand...) and it should work nicely [=

I've got the MS Sidewinder keyboard and mouse... Seems fine, but the only problem I do have is that the mouse is right handed so the record macro button is where my fourth finger goes =/

RE: Wireless keyboard game problem by NanaFreak on 02-14-2010 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak

I've got the MS Sidewinder keyboard and mouse... Seems fine, but the only problem I do have is that the mouse is right handed so the record macro button is where my fourth finger goes =/
well... it was a purpose built gaming setup... so in that case, MS would be good...