Shoutbox

Difference between Windows 7 RC and the Windows 7 RTM? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Difference between Windows 7 RC and the Windows 7 RTM? (/showthread.php?tid=93843)

Difference between Windows 7 RC and the Windows 7 RTM? by powelstag on 02-15-2010 at 11:49 AM

Hi friends

I was wondering what is the difference between the Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate) and the Final version of Windows 7 RTM?

I had both Windows 7 RC and Windows 7 RTM and I see no difference, except the default windows wallpaper.

RE: Difference between Windows 7 RC and the Windows 7 RTM? by NanaFreak on 02-15-2010 at 11:55 AM

the RC will start shutting down soon...?

RE: Difference between Windows 7 RC and the Windows 7 RTM? by absorbation on 02-15-2010 at 12:20 PM

RC is a release candidate and typically means it is a stable beta release. RTM means Release To Manufacturer and this is the final build that is shipped with all PCs running Windows 7 :).

RE: Difference between Windows 7 RC and the Windows 7 RTM? by Menthix on 02-15-2010 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by powelstag
I had both Windows 7 RC and Windows 7 RTM and I see no difference, except the default windows wallpaper.
Just because you see no visible difference between the two doesn't mean there aren't any. Most bugfixes, in any software, are not very obvious to the eye. Microsoft does not publish their changes between builds publicly though.

However, like NanaFreak said, if you are still running RC it will soon start bugging you like shutting down every 2 hours, and I think eventually it will completely stop working.
RE: Difference between Windows 7 RC and the Windows 7 RTM? by Mnjul on 02-15-2010 at 12:38 PM

:mipdodgy:

http://www.google.com.tw/search?q=%22I+was+wonder...paper.%22&filter=0

RE: Difference between Windows 7 RC and the Windows 7 RTM? by Menthix on 02-15-2010 at 12:43 PM

Bleh.. fooled :o.

Had this kind of spam on the Dutch Plus! forum too, but at least that was still linking to some dodgy online store. Really lost what the point of this kind of spamming is without linking anywhere. Perhaps increasing postcount before unleashing the linkbait?

RE: Difference between Windows 7 RC and the Windows 7 RTM? by Chrissy on 02-15-2010 at 01:08 PM

Or probably checking if the tool/bot works :P