Shoutbox

Back to the roots... for a fresh start - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Back to the roots... for a fresh start (/showthread.php?tid=93880)

Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Patchou on 02-18-2010 at 04:16 AM

Hello everyone,

If 2009 was a year of changes, it seems that 2010 started as a year of disbelief. In the last 2 months, I've read many posts, many blog entries, many comments and many emails regarding Yuna Software. Since the change of control happened, most of you in the Messenger Plus! community groups, wondered about what was happening. As things were being restructured on Yuna Software's side (the owner), concerns were not addressed and emails were not answered. Development of Messenger Plus! was not properly guided anymore and proper tests and translations were not performed. On behalf of the entire company, let me start by apologizing for these issues. These problems should never have happened and this post is here to put an end to it.

For those of you who didn't see her already, Vanessa is our newest member and she works full time at Yuna Software. Her job? to keep things alive :). She'll be talking on the forum, posting on the site, and doing everything else she can to keep things fun. Unfortunately, she quickly felt ill after being introduced but she'll be back on her feet in no time. I've always wanted to organize more contests, more events around the software, etc... her help will be precious on those matters, especially once she feels more at ease among the current users. She's also the second person you get to know from Yuna Software. Who's the first one you may ask? nobody else but myself, Patchou.

Some of you tend to forget about it these days but I am still part of the company who owns Messenger Plus!. For the past couple of months, I had to focus on preparing the future: several members of the forum actively collaborated with me in order to create a really cool and complete specification document for Messenger Plus! 5, and I had to set-up a nice office in Montreal. Next week, we'll receive the furniture and I'll be able to start taking pictures of the place. You wouldn't imagine how many things must be taken care of now that Messenger Plus! is not solely developed in my home, not far from the bedroom. For instance, in the last couple of days, I spent most of my time deciding on the computer specs that will be used by our future developers, up to the fans specific model (Nexus Real DF1209SL-3). As I couldn't find any pre-built solution that satisfied me (I'm picky), the computers will have to be assembled one by one by hands (probably mine, except if you volunteer); this way, I'll be sure that each computer performs as expected (Intel Core i7-860 for those interested) and conforms to my needs (silence, lots of silence).

Let's talk about corporate matters for a minute now. Yuna Software has offices in several places in the world but the one of importance, the one you need to know and remember, is the one that's being created in Montreal. In that office, I'll be the one and only manager. After everything that was said recently about the company and the direction Messenger Plus! was taking, I had a long chat with some of the top level people in Yuna Software and they confirmed the following: I'm back in charge of things. That means you can ask me questions, like you did before (and I'll take too much time to answer some of them, as I did before ;)). That also means that software development is back on track, with proper releases, documented changes in the change log (I've already backtracked the changes that were done in recent builds), and tests/translations organized like they used to be. Of course, some things will be different now, like business decisions, but as far as the software and what surrounds it is concerned, I'm your guy.

I'll keep you informed when things start moving again on the development side. For now, I'm focusing on the Montreal office, a newly improved relationship with Microsoft (that can only be good right?), and all the main aspects that should make Messenger Plus! 5 a killer add-on for instant messaging software by the end of the year. I'll soon be hiring software developers in the Montreal area too so, if you speak french, eat C++ for breakfast and are interested in joining me for the next chapter of this adventure, send me a message!

This year, count on me to do the best work possible on Messenger Plus! 5. Thanks to all the people who keep on contributing to the success of Messenger Plus!, I'm sure we'll be able to achieve something that was well worth the wait. Thank you all.
Patchou

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Joa on 02-18-2010 at 04:25 AM

Yay! We have our patchou back :grin:

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Chrono on 02-18-2010 at 04:48 AM

seems like good news ;o

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by prashker on 02-18-2010 at 05:08 AM

Welcome back (y)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by NanaFreak on 02-18-2010 at 05:08 AM

i wish i could speak french and be awesome at C++... but i need some proper training ]=

anyways, good to hear about all this! Patchou FTW!

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Willz on 02-18-2010 at 05:10 AM

Oh the timing Cyril, the timing!

Next time post stuff 2 hours earlier :P

Nevertheless, good to hear everything is back to normal.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by mynetx on 02-18-2010 at 06:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Oh the timing Cyril
Indeed... But: Good start for a follow-up post.
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by warmth on 02-18-2010 at 06:27 AM

Back on track baby :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Rolando on 02-18-2010 at 06:27 AM

Finally. Thanks.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Th3rmal on 02-18-2010 at 07:13 AM

Thats what we needed to hear (H)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by CookieRevised on 02-18-2010 at 07:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
.... You wouldn't imagine how many things must be taken care of now that Messenger Plus! is not solely developed in my home, not far from the bedroom.
talking about "your baby" takes a whole new perspective now :P :lol:

Anyways, excellent news (y)
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Sunshine on 02-18-2010 at 08:42 AM

Yay! Awesome news! Happy Happy Happy Happy....

[Image: sunnynana.gif]

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Matti on 02-18-2010 at 09:54 AM

Great news there, Patchou! :D
Now let's hope that we can maintain good communication between Yuna and the community. :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Lou on 02-18-2010 at 10:52 AM

Ah now I'm almost completely satisfied with the situation :P.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by djdannyp on 02-18-2010 at 10:54 AM

I think this is the news we've all been waiting for.....and I'm VERY glad that it was able to happen and that the situation hadn't become irretrievable!

LONG LIVE PLUS!!

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by mathieumg on 02-18-2010 at 11:11 AM

Patchou, that is very good news. I'm a bit in a hurry at the moment as I have a course this morning, but I will make sure to come back and write a lengthy post.

For now, breakfast. What is there to eat this morning? Oh right, C++ :P

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by maxrase on 02-18-2010 at 11:21 AM

Excellent news :D

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Menthix on 02-18-2010 at 11:32 AM

Great news. I think I may never understand why the new owners took the approach regarding communication and releasing builds like they did for the last 2 months. But the new situation sounds like it should have been from the start. I'm sure there are still man things to figure out and it will have ups and downs, but hey, nobody ever said going from a one man operation to an office with a team working together is easy. At least it sounds now we will be able to talk with the people who work on the product in Montreal, as opposed to sending off mails to faceless business people in an undisclosed location who don't reply back.

quote:
several members of the forum actively collaborated with me in order to create a really cool and complete specification document for Messenger Plus! 5
\o/
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Eddie on 02-18-2010 at 12:11 PM

Glad to hear a nice and pleasant update! Thanks Patchou and welcome back! Good luck with the new office. -breathes a sigh of relief-.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Luigi on 02-18-2010 at 01:50 PM

Best news of the year! You made my day Patchou! :D

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by mynetx on 02-18-2010 at 01:55 PM

This was actually the second “Finally!” outcry in the past days. The first one had been after I saw you introduced Vanessa.

The community has won ;)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by matty on 02-18-2010 at 02:10 PM

It wasn't about "winning" it was about being informed of what role we play in the companies corporate objectives. Would they keep us as testers/translators or would they do this all in house.

As I said to Cyril, not to be a pessimist but I wonder how much they actually value what we, as a community, bring to the table. They still could decide the next day that this isn't the avenue they wish to pursue. I still have my doubts but good news nonetheless.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by vows on 02-18-2010 at 02:18 PM

I didn't know plus was bought by a company till i read this thread and the first thread.

Seems a bit iffy to me. Like i got the newest version of plus and i see some "plus games" button, i click on it and it takes me to some website where you can play games and it's asking me to buy tokens and all this stuff.

I think this is showing the path plus is taking

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by matty on 02-18-2010 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vows
I didn't know plus was bought by a company till i read this thread and the first thread.

Seems a bit iffy to me. Like i got the newest version of plus and i see some "plus games" button, i click on it and it takes me to some website where you can play games and it's asking me to buy tokens and all this stuff.

I think this is showing the path plus is taking
This is simply an alternate method of revenue generation. You will never have to pay for Plus! but it sure beats installing an adware component would you not agree?

The Plus! games button has been around for a bit actually.
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Chris4 on 02-18-2010 at 03:29 PM

"Phew!" is all I have to say. :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Patchou on 02-18-2010 at 04:16 PM

matty: the forum and the people who are on it are still here. Yuna Software does value the entire group but even if they didn't, that wouldn't change much to our day to day life (outside of testing/translating). Now that development is going to start in Montreal, there's not much plans to change either. Nothing is static but no company can perform well without a clear set of objectives.

As for the new promotional buttons, it's the business part of the software that's here to change the old "sponsor" way of doing things. Messenger Plus!, the software, will stay free. There's no plans or talks to change that.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by charlie_su1986 on 02-18-2010 at 05:01 PM

That's good news :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by rix on 02-18-2010 at 07:06 PM

* rix performs a naked joy-dance around the table

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by ahmetgns on 02-18-2010 at 10:21 PM

Any company cannot love this program as much as we all do. That is why all these problems appeared upon switch from its creator to a company. But everything is ok now.

Then we can say Messenger Plus! 5 by mainly Patchou again! :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by blessedguy on 02-18-2010 at 11:23 PM

Nice to know :)
Aw… if only I spoke French, lived in Canada and breathe C++…
Good luck with the future :)
would asking for pt-br to be included in MPL5 setup be too much, btw? /lala

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Thor on 02-18-2010 at 11:29 PM

So glad to hear this, awesome! :D

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Nagamasa on 02-18-2010 at 11:34 PM

Yay! Good news to spice up the day =)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-19-2010 at 10:38 AM

Hey Everyone!  Just to expand on Cyril's thread-Cyril has not nor is he going anywhere-he's 100% present and he is of UTMOST importace at Yuna Software (in fact, we actually refer to him as "The Godfather"-see the movie Old Skool for reference)

We at Yuna Software know that the Messenger Plus! communiuty members are loyal and supportive.  We kindly ask that you please give us a chance to treat you as you should be treated-with love, kindness, respect and care. 

I'm sorry I've been a bit slow on the forum lately-I am still really not feeling so good.  I just ask for a little bit of patience responding to all of your personal messages. I`m still sick and writing this from my bed and hopefully I`ll be working for YOU GUYS at full capacity in the very near future.

Thanks for your understanding.

Vanessa :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by John Anderton on 02-19-2010 at 03:54 PM

I am late to the party but yay.. also, I wore my black "official testers" tee to work.. seems to have worked :o

quote:
As I couldn't find any pre-built solution that satisfied me (I'm picky), the computers will have to be assembled one by one by hands (probably mine, except if you volunteer);
* John Anderton raises his hand :wink:
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by robert_dll on 02-19-2010 at 10:33 PM

It's great to know things are going back to normal :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by CookieRevised on 02-19-2010 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vanessapurpleplsz
Hey Everyone!  Just to expand on Cyril's thread-Cyril has not nor is he going anywhere-he's 100% present and he is of UTMOST importace at Yuna Software (in fact, we actually refer to him as "The Godfather"-see the movie Old Skool for reference)

We at Yuna Software know that the Messenger Plus! communiuty members are loyal and supportive.  We kindly ask that you please give us a chance to treat you as you should be treated-with love, kindness, respect and care. 

I'm sorry I've been a bit slow on the forum lately-I am still really not feeling so good.  I just ask for a little bit of patience responding to all of your personal messages. I`m still sick and writing this from my bed and hopefully I`ll be working for YOU GUYS at full capacity in the very near future.

Thanks for your understanding.

Vanessa :)
Thanks for the heads-up and taking the time to give a sign of life.

But for now: get the hell back to bed and rest and don't get stressed out by all the questions! :P;)

get better soon, but take your time...
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by ZrednaZ on 02-21-2010 at 10:36 PM

Wow, I am happy to read the news. :) Perhaps you should e-mail your post to the entire translator/tester network. I happened to visit randomly today, but ever since reading your e-mail on Jan 4th I considered the future of Plus! (at least for translators) very uncertain. Thankfully, it seems I was mistaken. ;)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Chrissy on 02-21-2010 at 11:08 PM

Still not enough detail in the whole situation, in my opinion. But I suppose we have no right to know.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Chris4 on 02-21-2010 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
Wow, I am happy to read the news. :) Perhaps you should e-mail your post to the entire translator/tester network. I happened to visit randomly today, but ever since reading your e-mail on Jan 4th I considered the future of Plus! (at least for translators) very uncertain. Thankfully, it seems I was mistaken. ;)
The announcement was made on the website too. :tongue:

RSS + FeedMyInbox
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Patchou on 02-22-2010 at 04:00 PM

krissy-afc: if you have questions, ask them :).

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by absorbation on 02-22-2010 at 05:08 PM

Cryil, have you changed your email address, as my email keeps bouncing back? Could you provide me with your current please :)?

RE: RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by riahc4 on 02-23-2010 at 01:52 AM

Im guessing Vanessa will be the bridge between us and Patchou (yes I know Patchou said that he will be answering everything etc, but he problably added Vanessa for this in the long run...)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Lou on 02-23-2010 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Im guessing Vanessa will be the bridge between us and Patchou (yes I know Patchou said that he will be answering everything etc, but he problably added Vanessa for this in the long run...)
Are you completely clueless or have you just not been following along? She's the bridge between Yuna and users, not Patchou and users. Patchou isn't the only one there now.
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Patchou on 02-23-2010 at 05:41 AM

absorbation: I have not changed my email address. What kind of error are you getting and what email address are you using?

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by absorbation on 02-23-2010 at 10:47 AM

I'm using the mp-support address and it bounced back. Should I use the same one you send your mailing list with? :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by brian on 02-25-2010 at 03:30 AM

Sweeet.

Old timer from Montreal and this is great to hear :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Patchou on 02-25-2010 at 06:05 AM

You can use patchou@msgpluslive.net to reach me, it goes to the same place as the old mplus-support@patchou.com .

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by user27089 on 02-25-2010 at 05:22 PM

Good to hear.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by vanessapurpleplsz on 02-26-2010 at 08:33 PM

Hey everyone-I'm sorry to be away so long so let me update you....

I have really been doing terribly...

I am not getting better at all-I not only have a terrible case of pneumonia that is not going way-but on top of that acute bronchitis (and no I don't smoke).  It has been about 3 weeks  and I keep going to the doctors who don't seem to do much.  I am so incredibly frustrated and sick.  I keep hearind "blah blah blah bedrest blah blah" I am so so sorry to everyone here for not being more involved at the moment and so incredibly thankful about your understanding. 

I just wanted to let you know I am still here and still help plan with Yuna software to help improve MSN Plus! Thank you so much to Cyril who has been more attentive to the board sine my illness.  It is so very much appreciated.

Vanessa

RE: RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by mathieumg on 02-26-2010 at 08:42 PM

quote:
improve MSN Plus!

Before anyone hurries to correct you :P It's actually "MSG Plus!" or "Messenger Plus!" (plus the Live part, of course) :P

That being said, I hope things get better for you :O Rest well!
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Chrono on 02-26-2010 at 09:15 PM

quote:
improve MSN Plus!
oh my god.
Just a suggestion here, you should know the company's main product's name when you're an employee :p
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Chris4 on 02-26-2010 at 09:40 PM

quote:
MSN Plus!
[Image: smiley.png]

Maybe the auto "MSN Plus!" -> "Messenger Plus!" should be enabled on this forum too. ;)
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by djdannyp on 02-26-2010 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
MSN Plus!
[Image: smiley.png]

Maybe the auto "MSN Plus!" -> "Messenger Plus!" should be enabled on this forum too. ;)

Haha, that sounds like a great plan....it really bugs me when it gets called all variety of things....how hard is it to get right when its in big letters at the top of the forum.  Very disappointing from a member of its support staff too :/
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Kafman on 02-26-2010 at 10:10 PM

Guys guys do not be so severe on her... she's only here to represent Yuna Software, is not neccesary that she has to know how it's spelled or use the software even 8-).

irony... of course =p

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Re-Mi on 02-26-2010 at 10:47 PM

i'm with /lou on this. I think vanessa doesn't deserve the "bashing" give her a chance.
i know i haven't posting for a long time but i read the forums almost every night. I was seeing some things i didn't like and some things i do.

The fact that pitchou :P sold out wasn't something i took serious. I think that everybody should take the chances the get in a live time. I envy Cyril for being in this stage of live. Young and leading a company he tried to run a big store selling stuff he's loving most.

i wish i could do al those stuff but i'm not willing to be in his shoes al the decissions he had to make (some good, some bad and some ugly ) but he did them and now he's standing up to clear the cloudy sky. chapeau for that.

i'm not joining revolutions on the forum and still standing behind cyril and what ever decission he may he choose in the future. But if yuna  is going to deliver him big bucks i would like a personal testers laptop :P or atleast a laptop skin for the fugly mini laptop i'm using right now :P ( a big sticker cyril hint hint).

i wanted to post a longer and more clearer post but my big fingers have to learn typing on the small buttons on this even smaller laptop

kind regards,

Michel

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Chrissy on 02-26-2010 at 11:51 PM

quote:
MSN Plus!
OMG, that did not just happen :P
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by toddy on 02-27-2010 at 12:30 AM

lolz at the newb

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Nathalie on 03-04-2010 at 01:04 PM

Hello again from Yuna Software. My name is Natalie, and I have both good news and sad news.  The sad news, unfortunately, is that Vanessa had to leave us for personal (health) reasons.  We hope that she will return, but at this point it looks like she’ll be gone for awhile. I’m sure you all wish her well.  I know that this may seem annoying, just as you were getting to know and connect with her.   

The good news is that I’ve stepped in to replace Vanessa as Community Manager, and plan to be here for a long time!  I’m originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. As my nickname states, I like the colour green and also am concerned about ecological and green issues.  Unlike Vanessa, I don’t know how to make guacamole, but I make a mean fruit salad.  I look forward to meeting you here and helping you out as best as I can.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by vows on 03-04-2010 at 01:13 PM

A new challenger appears.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Lou on 03-04-2010 at 01:14 PM

This is going to be interesting...

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Mnjul on 03-04-2010 at 02:40 PM

It's genuine: http://www.msgpluslive.net/news/2010/03/04/commun...nager-replacement/

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Chrissy on 03-04-2010 at 05:53 PM

This whole place sucks now...

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by djdannyp on 03-04-2010 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
This whole place sucks now...

No-one's forcing you to stay....
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by warmth on 03-04-2010 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nataliegreenisgood
Hello again from Yuna Software. My name is Natalie, and I have both good news and sad news.  The sad news, unfortunately, is that Vanessa had to leave us for personal (health) reasons.  We hope that she will return, but at this point it looks like she’ll be gone for awhile. I’m sure you all wish her well.  I know that this may seem annoying, just as you were getting to know and connect with her.   

The good news is that I’ve stepped in to replace Vanessa as Community Manager, and plan to be here for a long time!  I’m originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. As my nickname states, I like the colour green and also am concerned about ecological and green issues.  Unlike Vanessa, I don’t know how to make guacamole, but I make a mean fruit salad.  I look forward to meeting you here and helping you out as best as I can.
Welcome... I hope all things get clear and transparent for us now...

Please ask for your user type to be updated to avoid issues with lack of reliability in your words...

Is a pleasure to meet you... best regards...
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by albert on 03-04-2010 at 11:11 PM

Hello Nathalie!

Welcome to the forums.

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Chrissy on 03-05-2010 at 12:31 AM

Why is it the Yuna Software reps sound like robots? I'm not trying to offend anyone but someone must agree they sound fake (a)

(I know for a fact there not)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by prashker on 03-05-2010 at 12:54 AM

Come on IRC Natalie :cheesy:

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by maxrase on 03-05-2010 at 01:31 PM

Welcome Natalie :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by mynetx on 03-05-2010 at 03:04 PM

Welcome Natalie!
For now, you’ll get the same invite from me as Vanessa got: Take a seat with us! :)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Nathalie on 03-05-2010 at 10:42 PM

Thanks for the welcome

I understand that my sudden appearance from Yuna seems strange, and that some of you think I am an odd robot.  So I'm just wondering how many robots would say they are from Winnipeg, out of all places in Canada....interesting?

The reason I chose greenisgood is that the name Natalie was taken, so yes, I did follow Vanessa's model by using a colour that meant something to me, and then I could play around with the colours here.....little did I know that someone was apparently spamming another site with inappropriate content.

I'm a bit hesitant to change my user name right now (how about Natalie the suspected robot?):$  and cause further confusion, so please give me time to get to know you,  and I'll reconsider the username once I get to handle the unanswered issues that were originally addressed to Vanessa.

April fool's is still a few weeks to go.  I'll have to think up something really good then but I'm sure you will come up with some good ideas of your own!.

Have a great weekend, and I hope to get some answers to you next week! ( The Community Manager thread displays "closed", although this message probably belongs there as well)

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by Menthix on 03-05-2010 at 11:05 PM

Welcome :).

quote:
so please give me time to get to know you,  and I'll reconsider the username once I get to handle the unanswered issues that were originally addressed to Vanessa.
Sounds like a plan.

quote:
The Community Manager thread displays "closed", although this message probably belongs there as well
People prefer to keep discussions in a single place, the other thread was probably closed because it more or less the same thing, you'll only have to post it once.
RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by NanaFreak on 03-05-2010 at 11:56 PM

Welcome... just a note, in your latest post i did not read any part of the stuff where you changed the font... just keep it as the default and it looks nice...

also that name really does make you look kind of tacky...

RE: Back to the roots... for a fresh start by mynetx on 03-06-2010 at 09:48 AM

quote:
please give me time to get to know you,  and I'll reconsider the username once I get to handle the unanswered issues that were originally addressed to Vanessa.

That’s a word! We will handle it just as you suggest. :)

quote:
The Community Manager thread displays "closed", although this message probably belongs there as well
That has been done for clean-up reasons, because double-posting is not allowed in the rules:
quote:
Originally posted by Rules
Any post that is off-topic or contributes nothing useful or interesting to a thread is considered to be spam. Most spam posts will be moved or deleted. Spam includes posts that: ... are posted more than once, or immediately after another one of your posts (double post). There is an edit button – learn to use it.