Shoutbox

How to hide "says:" in messenger conversation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How to hide "says:" in messenger conversation (/showthread.php?tid=93885)

How to hide "says:" in messenger conversation by harisdozz on 02-18-2010 at 05:27 PM

Hello,

How do I hide "says:" in messenger conversation. Suppose my username is Haris for example:

code:
Haris says:
Hi, How are you?

I've seen some people hiding it. I'm using the latest version of Windows Live Messenger with Plus!.

Thanks!
RE: How to hide "says:" in messenger conversation by NanoChromatic on 02-18-2010 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by harisdozz
Hello,

How do I hide "says:" in messenger conversation. Suppose my username is Haris for example:

code:
Haris says:
Hi, How are you?

I've seen some people hiding it. I'm using the latest version of Windows Live Messenger with Plus!.

Thanks!

I'm sure this has been posted here before. Use the search tool.
Also you could just add   ·$0 (Or 1 I can't remember) to the end of your name. This wouldn't get rid of the "says:" It will just make it white and most backgrounds are white so you shouldn't be able to notice it.
RE: How to hide "says:" in messenger conversation by matty on 02-18-2010 at 05:52 PM

You cannot do that. You need to use /nick2 in a conversation to make it apply to the "says:" portion.

RE: How to hide "says:" in messenger conversation by Chris4 on 02-19-2010 at 01:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Always search forums before posting....
There is already a massive amount of threads asking the exact same thing.

See CookieRevised's reply to How to get rid of 'SAYS' from msn nickname

quote:
Originally posted by Chunk1993
If you put ·$0 at the end of your name, it turns it white..
This will only "work" with the command /nick2 and only if your contact has a white background for his/her chat window.

RE: RE: How to hide "says:" in messenger conversation by NanoChromatic on 02-19-2010 at 02:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Always search forums before posting....
There is already a massive amount of threads asking the exact same thing.

See CookieRevised's reply to How to get rid of 'SAYS' from msn nickname

quote:
Originally posted by Chunk1993
If you put ·$0 at the end of your name, it turns it white..
This will only "work" with the command /nick2 and only if your contact has a white background for his/her chat window.

I'm using "NickEditor" and I thought that it was the same as /nick. Thanks for clearing this up anyway.