Shoutbox

How to change the Locked icon in Windows 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How to change the Locked icon in Windows 7 (/showthread.php?tid=93907)

How to change the Locked icon in Windows 7 by Rahul333 on 02-20-2010 at 09:01 PM

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how to change the "locked icon" in the task bar when I lock my MSN. I get a magnify glass as my icon.

Please some one help.

RE: How to change the Locked icon in Windows 7 by djdannyp on 02-20-2010 at 10:04 PM

Open Messenger Plus! Live Preferences & Options

Click on the "Messenger" tab along the top and then on "Messenger Lock" on the left.

If you check the box "Change Messenger's icon in the tray to:" and then click the picture it will let you choose the icon that appears

RE: How to change the Locked icon in Windows 7 by Rahul333 on 02-21-2010 at 02:56 AM

thanks but i cant find the icon for that. its shows somthing else...

RE: How to change the Locked icon in Windows 7 by CookieRevised on 02-21-2010 at 03:26 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=988320]

RE: How to change the Locked icon in Windows 7 by Rahul333 on 02-21-2010 at 01:04 PM

Thanks alot... In the part where you have the
C:\Windows\system32\Shell32.dll,10

I had C:\Windows\system32\Shell32.dll,323

so I just changed the number to ten. Thank you very much.

RE: How to change the Locked icon in Windows 7 by CookieRevised on 02-21-2010 at 05:06 PM

(y)

PS: note that the icon you get by entering an icon group number (which is what that number is) might be different depending on the version of Windows you have. Eg: icon group number 10 from shell32.dll is the network disk on XP, but is the hourglass icon on Wind7 ....

You can find out the icon group number by viewing the icon library with almost any program which is capable of showing you the icon resources in files.

;)