Shoutbox

how do i transform an 8.5 skin to fit the new messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: how do i transform an 8.5 skin to fit the new messenger (/showthread.php?tid=93912)

how do i transform an 8.5 skin to fit the new messenger by Jess82 on 02-21-2010 at 11:07 AM

i had downloaded a skin that fits the 8.5 & with this new version of the messenger i am not able to use it. I tried going back to my 8.5 messenger but my computer makes me upgrade messenger in order to log in. I really love this skin & i want to use it in the new msn so if anyone knows how to do it can you help me out please. I didn't do the skin so i wouldn't know how to do a new one

RE: how do i transform an 8.5 skin to fit the new messenger by djdannyp on 02-21-2010 at 11:27 AM

Unfortuantely it isn't possible to juse transform an 8.5 skin to work with 2009.  Although the differences aren't too vast, it involves a LOT of re-coding to make an 8.5 skin work with 2009 and it isn't something you'd be able to do yourself.

There are a wide range of skins for WLM 2009, I suggest you try to find one that suits you.

What 8.5 skin were you using?

RE: how do i transform an 8.5 skin to fit the new messenger by Jess82 on 02-21-2010 at 11:41 AM

yeah i don't think i would be able to do that myself..i was using this skin with the RBD group on it i downloaded it from another website