Shoutbox

Editting Default WLM emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Editting Default WLM emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=93920)

Editting Default WLM emoticons by Aronnax on 02-21-2010 at 08:04 PM

I was wondering if I could edit the shortcuts for the default WLM emoticons..
If I could type :D and it doesnīt turn into a emoticon... if it could stay : and D
but I donīt want to delete the emoticon... I just wanted to change the shortcut.. I wanted to still use it... but with something like *:D or (:D) or something that wouldnīt bother me while Iīm chatting because :D is something I could use... the same is for (a), (o)... in portuguese we use those and itīs really anoying when it turns into an emoticon while weīre trying to write something else...
well... If thereīs a way to do it already.. please help me...
if there isnīt a way to do that... I want to suggest a functionality to MSG Plus! or a script for it.. Itīd be really really useful!

Thanks in advance

RE: Editting Default WLM emoticons by djdannyp on 02-21-2010 at 08:22 PM

It is possible to turn emoticons off, however this will do it for all of them, not just selected ones....and it will only show locally.  So other people would still see :D, but you would see : D.

RE: Editting Default WLM emoticons by moudy on 02-21-2010 at 08:44 PM

if im not mistaken if you put:

quote:
/noicon <message>
this will not show the emoticons on both sides...
but the recipient must also have msnplus me thinks 
RE: Editting Default WLM emoticons by Chris4 on 02-21-2010 at 09:00 PM

It's coded into Messenger that when you receive :) it outputs :), so in general it's not possible.

The only alternatives are turning them off locally (djdannyp's suggestion) or if you both have Messenger Plus! Live, use the /noicon command (moudy's suggestion) and you'll both see the text version.