Shoutbox

[?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only (/showthread.php?tid=93959)

[?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by SmokingCookie on 02-25-2010 at 04:15 PM

I've tried to read the BaseColor property from a PlusWnd object and received an error. Why can't this value be read? And is there another way of getting it anyway?

Oh and btw, documentation on this property is hard to find, as there's no entry for it in the tree-view control of the Windows CHM viewer.

RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by Matti on 02-25-2010 at 04:53 PM

It appears that there is an entry in the scripting documentation, however it is only accessible by navigating to the PlusWnd object's Description page and clicking the link from the list there. Same goes for the Contact.ProfileColor property.

Now once you found that page, the answers are straight-forward. You'll find that the BaseColor property is indeed marked as write-only and takes a Win32 RGB value in the form of 0x00bbggrr (where rr = red, gg = green and bb = blue, in hexadecimal format).

It looks like these properties have been quietly added to Plus!, since I haven't read or heard about it before. I can't think of any interesting use right now but thanks for letting us know anyway! :P

RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by SmokingCookie on 02-25-2010 at 05:10 PM

Well, just doing some random stuff with it, but I'd like to be able to get the BaseColor thingy.

RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by Matti on 02-25-2010 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Well, just doing some random stuff with it, but I'd like to be able to get the BaseColor thingy.
That could be interesting indeed, but unfortunately it seems that Plus! won't let you do so.
RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by SmokingCookie on 02-25-2010 at 05:22 PM

Any kind of Win32 workaround?

RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by Mnjul on 02-25-2010 at 05:32 PM

Well, if the base color isn't defined in the interface XML (which I think you can read), then Plus! is supposed to use this value:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\(Your MSN ID) -> CurrentColor

RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by SmokingCookie on 02-25-2010 at 05:47 PM

Works as of now, thanks (Y)

Edit: but what if the user changes their colour..? I cannot seem to detect changes, and the colours of script windows do not change.

RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by Mnjul on 03-04-2010 at 05:03 PM

Yeah I know. According to Patchou in beta forum two years ago:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Done on purpose for optimizations reasons.

The only window that changes color, I think, is the event log viewer :p
RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by matty on 03-04-2010 at 05:53 PM

I talked to Patchou he will make it so that the read of the property will show the colour from the registry or the colour you wrote to the basecolor property.

RE: RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by SmokingCookie on 03-04-2010 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
I talked to Patchou he will make it so that the read of the property will show the colour from the registry or the colour you wrote to the basecolor property.

Thanks ;)
RE: [?] PlusWnd::BaseColor write-only by SmokingCookie on 04-04-2010 at 06:17 PM

Bump;

Changing the BaseColor property does not change the colour of, say, StaticControls and such.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=991919]

This looks quite ugly with some colours. Can this behaviour be changed in any future release of MP!L? Or am I gonna have to mess around myself (hope not :$ :P )?

Oh and btw, some property like "Messenger.MyProfileColour" might come in handy as well.