Shoutbox

Having problems with skins - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Having problems with skins (/showthread.php?tid=93960)

Having problems with skins by Desi on 02-25-2010 at 04:50 PM

i've been trying to download the skin and when i'm about to open it it says that the skin is not compatible and can't remember the rest:^) i have windows 7 and im using google chrome and my msn is the latest....would appreciate the help:D

edit: this is the message i get: the file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid Messenger PLus!

RE: Having problems with skins by Mnjul on 02-25-2010 at 04:55 PM

What skin are you trying to download?

RE: Having problems with skins by Chrissy on 02-25-2010 at 06:34 PM

Maybe the skin is not compatible with your version of msn? 8-) :S

RE: Having problems with skins by Desi on 02-26-2010 at 12:09 PM

the last download i made was 2009 compability....but still couldn't.....my bf has the same msn as me and all and he could....

RE: Having problems with skins by djdannyp on 02-26-2010 at 12:17 PM

When you'd downloaded the file, were you able to open it using WinZip, or WinRar?  You should be able to drag the downloaded PLSK into any unzipping utility and see the files inside.

If not then the download didn't complete properly and would explain the message you received.  If this is the case then clear your Browser cache and try the download again

RE: RE: Having problems with skins by Desi on 02-26-2010 at 12:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
When you'd downloaded the file, were you able to open it using WinZip, or WinRar?  You should be able to drag the downloaded PLSK into any unzipping utility and see the files inside.

If not then the download didn't complete properly and would explain the message you received.  If this is the case then clear your Browser cache and try the download again

i'm i really don't understand......all i do is click download and when i open it it says the file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid Messenger PLus!
RE: Having problems with skins by djdannyp on 02-26-2010 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Desi
i'm i really don't understand......all i do is click download and when i open it it says the file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid Messenger PLus!

Download the file to your hard drive ("Save", not "Run") then open WinZip, WinRAR, 7Zip (whichever archiving software you have) then drag and drop the downloaded file onto it.

Does it display all of the files inside it?
RE: Having problems with skins by djdannyp on 02-26-2010 at 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by desi via PM

ok i download it and saved it like you said. i clicked open and it said the same message...so now i opened it by open containing folder

Don't try to open it, use an archiving program such as the ones I've suggested to view the contents of it.  Are you able to see all of the files contained within the skin?

Also, please don't send PMs, keep the discussion to the thread as it will help other people give their input incase I'm not able to solve your problem
RE: Having problems with skins by Felu on 02-26-2010 at 01:32 PM

Can you provide a link to the skin you're trying to download?

RE: Having problems with skins by Desi on 02-26-2010 at 02:01 PM

[size=2][color=navy]yay problem solved!! i uninstalled messenger and all and now i got it! finally!! thanks for all the help!!:D oh one more question, if my msn is the latest version,2009 i can only apply those skins??

RE: Having problems with skins by djdannyp on 02-26-2010 at 02:07 PM

quote:
[size=2][color=navy]yay problem solved!! i uninstalled messenger and all and now i got it! finally!! thanks for all the help!!:D oh one more question, if my msn is the latest version,2009 i can only apply those skins??

As long as the skin says that it is compatible with 2009 then it will work with your messenger.  Some are compatible with both 8.5 and 2009.  Just read carefully on the download page and as long as it says its compatible with 2009 then you should be fine
RE: RE: Having problems with skins by Desi on 02-26-2010 at 02:17 PM

quote:
quote:
yay problem solved!! i uninstalled messenger and all and now i got it! finally!! thanks for all the help!!:D oh one more question, if my msn is the latest version,2009 i can only apply those skins??

As long as the skin says that it is compatible with 2009 then it will work with your messenger.  Some are compatible with both 8.5 and 2009.  Just read carefully on the download page and as long as it says its compatible with 2009 then you should be fine

thanks!! u really helped me a lot!!:D

RE: Having problems with skins by djdannyp on 02-26-2010 at 02:51 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
yay problem solved!! i uninstalled messenger and all and now i got it! finally!! thanks for all the help!!:D oh one more question, if my msn is the latest version,2009 i can only apply those skins??

thanks!! u really helped me a lot!!:D

Yoyu're welcome (Y)