Shoutbox

Messenger status from Available to Busy instantly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger status from Available to Busy instantly (/showthread.php?tid=94027)

Messenger status from Available to Busy instantly by Pikaah on 03-06-2010 at 07:34 AM

I noticed that when my friend talks to me on Windows Live Messenger he is busy, but when he starts typing it changes to Available then when he is done he goes instantly back to busy.
I want to know how he can do that?

RE: Messenger status from Available to Busy instantly by Felu on 03-06-2010 at 07:44 AM

He probably has the "Show me as busy and block my alerts when I'm running a full-screen program or presentation settings are turned on" option turned on.

You can find it under Tools -> Options -> Personal -> Status in Messenger.

RE: Messenger status from Available to Busy instantly by Pikaah on 03-06-2010 at 07:49 AM

Is there any other way of doing that without having a full-screen program?

RE: Messenger status from Available to Busy instantly by Felu on 03-06-2010 at 08:10 AM

You could, I believe, with a Plus! Script detect whether a chat window is in focus and handle the status change on that basis.

Or if you wish to base it on typing, you could use the EditText property of ChatWnd object provided by the Plus! Scripting Interface to check whether the typing area has any text or not and change the status.