Shoutbox

Unable to add new Contact/Window Live not up on Service!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Unable to add new Contact/Window Live not up on Service!! (/showthread.php?tid=94104)

Unable to add new Contact/Window Live not up on Service!! by ChinaKiD on 03-14-2010 at 09:19 AM

After trying a registry fix by doing :

RUN >regedit
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> Software
> Microsoft
> Windows live contacts
> Database .

Once You Get To This Point Your Almost Done, All Your Going To Have To Do Is Delete 2 Files:

C:\Users\ Your Windows logon name \Contacts\ Your Messenger e-mail address
and
C:\Users\ Your Windows logon name \Contacts\ Your Messenger e-mail address \ shadow
*[[Basically The 2 Writen With Your e-mail Adress]]

Which will clear up my MSN database by turning everyone's MSN Nick back into Email form

E.g. : Usually 1 email has a Nick of "Hello! - I'm bored"...then after doing the following and when I sign in back my MSN, every single contacts which are offline will have their Nick removed and turned back to their Email which is very common.

My main concern is about the problem by adding new people..

They will have a notice saying:

We couldn't add <email> because your Contact list is full.
Please remove some contact from your lists before trying again.

The another one is about the Window Live not on up for service...

Can anyone help me out on this problem..? It's kinda urgent .

Thanks a million to those who are trying to help me...your help will be deeply appreciated!

RE: Unable to add new Contact/Window Live not up on Service!! by djdannyp on 03-14-2010 at 11:03 AM

Please don't post in multiple topics on the same subject, it makes it harder for us to give a reply

It sounds like a server side issue (perhaps related to the ongoing issues with the reverse list) as many people are experiencing the same issue all of a sudden.  All I can suggest is leaving it a few days and seeing if it sorts itself out

RE: Unable to add new Contact/Window Live not up on Service!! by ChinaKiD on 03-14-2010 at 01:09 PM

Okay, sorry for making a multi thread...I'm new though...

Are you trying to tell me to not to on my MSN for a few days or..? =X

RE: Unable to add new Contact/Window Live not up on Service!! by djdannyp on 03-14-2010 at 02:11 PM

I'm suggesting that adding contacts may not work reliably for a few days, or weeks even.  If it's anything like the reverse list issue then it could be months.  Hopefully it's just something funny going on due to WLM 2010 testing or something?  There's often strange server related bugs appearing in the existing version around the time of a new version being imminent, sign-in issues and the like.

RE: Unable to add new Contact/Window Live not up on Service!! by ChinaKiD on 03-14-2010 at 04:24 PM

Hope it's just a bug...and not my WLM problem...lols! Thanks for the reply, djdannyp!

RE: Unable to add new Contact/Window Live not up on Service!! by CookieRevised on 03-15-2010 at 12:35 AM

Make a post in this thread:
http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?postid=f2a...-a704-ad4531a3773c
and also mention the email address you have troubles with.

ps: Don't worry about privacy, your email address will automatically be blanked out for the general public; only the official support people will be able to see it.

RE: RE: Unable to add new Contact/Window Live not up on Service!! by ChinaKiD on 03-15-2010 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Make a post in this thread:
http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?postid=f2a...-a704-ad4531a3773c
and also mention the email address you have troubles with.

ps: Don't worry about privacy, your email address will automatically be blanked out for the general public; only the official support people will be able to see it.

Thanks! I've made a post to that thread already. Hope I will get a quick reply!