Shoutbox

Sound Problem's in Group Conversations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sound Problem's in Group Conversations (/showthread.php?tid=94115)

Sound Problem's in Group Conversations by Computeristic on 03-15-2010 at 09:38 AM

Hello, I am having problems with the Windows Live Messenger sounds. When I am in a group conversation, the sounds do not play when a person sends a message. But when I am chatting to one person, the sounds play. How can I make it so that the sounds play in a group conversation?

I have the following:
- Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Service Pack 2 (6.0.6002)
- Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0726
- Messenger Plus! Live 4.83.0.376

RE: Sound Problem's in Group Conversations by djdannyp on 03-15-2010 at 09:55 AM

We know, you posted exactly the same thing already:

Sound Problem's in Group Conversations

Do you have any Messenger Plus! Live scripts installed?

Do you have any of the software listed here:

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

RE: Sound Problem's in Group Conversations by Computeristic on 03-15-2010 at 10:05 AM

I have the following two scripts installed 'USay' and 'NudgesToolScript'. The 'USay' script is checked and 'running' whereas the 'NudgesToolScript' is unchecked and 'stopped'.

I do not have any of the software listed in that post.

RE: Sound Problem's in Group Conversations by djdannyp on 03-15-2010 at 11:38 AM

If you remove the USay script are you able to send sounds?

Also, are all members of the group using Messenger Plus! Live?

RE: Sound Problem's in Group Conversations by Computeristic on 03-15-2010 at 08:25 PM

My query is on the sounds played when I recieve a new IM message, when I recieve new email, and when somebody nudges me.

These sounds do not play when I am in a group conversation. These sounds stopped working after I installed Messenger Plus! Live.

How do you suggest I should proceed? I would like to hear the sounds playing whilst in a group conversation and whilst having Messenger Plus! Live installed on my computer.

No, not all members of my group conversation are using Messenger Plus! Live.

RE: Sound Problem's in Group Conversations by djdannyp on 03-15-2010 at 08:48 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood.

As a test, if you uninstall Messenger Plus! Live, are you able to hear message sounds properly in group conversations?

RE: Sound Problem's in Group Conversations by Computeristic on 03-17-2010 at 11:43 PM

Yes, when I uninstalled Messenger Plus! Live, I was able to hear the sounds in the group conversation.

I then reinstalled it, and I can't hear the sounds in a group conversation.

What should be the next appropriate step of action to take?

RE: Sound Problem's in Group Conversations by djdannyp on 03-18-2010 at 07:06 AM

Do all other features of Messenger Plus! Live work correctly?  Coloured names, chat logging, etc?

RE: Sound Problem's in Group Conversations by Computeristic on 03-22-2010 at 09:55 PM

Yes, all other features work correctly. It's just the sounds that don't play in a group conversation when new messages are recieved.