Shoutbox

FFXIII - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: FFXIII (/showthread.php?tid=94149)

FFXIII by Rolando on 03-19-2010 at 04:37 PM

So.. I was happy about the new Dragons Age game, seeing as the original was awesome... but my friend got it and he told me it's really short, and that it's not as fun as the first one. So now that I decided I don't really want to buy it (tho I'll probably buy it when it's cheaper), I want to buy a new game... I read some reviews about FFXIII, some say it's good and some say it's too linear and not that fun. I dunno, I usually love FF but I want your opinions :P (Or are there any other new games that are awesome? Btw, is there a game with online that isn't a first-person shooter and is fun? I used to play LOTR online but the server was closed yesterday. I have a PS3..)

RE: FFXIII by stoshrocket on 03-19-2010 at 06:43 PM

Apparently FFXIII takes ages to get into. I'm about 4 hours in, and it still sucks eggs.... I personally wouldn't recommend. However, when it does pick up it might turn out to be awesome.... As for any other games, I can't think of any decent ones that are out at the moment =/

RE: FFXIII by prashker on 03-19-2010 at 11:59 PM

Personally I'm like 2 hours into FF13 and I am already liking it. The fight system is pretty nice and (like they intended)
) reminds me of Advent Children fighting. I have yet to do "Paradigm Shift" stuff, so I still dunno what it is...but I'll soon find out.

FF13 is good, but I would have preferred FF7 PS3 :cheesy: (a).

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
Btw, is there a game with online that isn't a first-person shooter and is fun

LittleBigPlanet :p, online levels are really fun and playing with online people is equally entertaining :p

[Image: 24017_384519102068_598662068_5517237_7182587_n.jpg]
RE: FFXIII by djdannyp on 03-20-2010 at 01:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
Btw, is there a game with online that isn't a first-person shooter and is fun

LittleBigPlanet :p, online levels are really fun and playing with online people is equally entertaining :p

Seconded......it's ridiculously good fun, especially multiplayer.....me and my brother had an awesome summer playing it

RE: RE: FFXIII by Toxn on 03-20-2010 at 03:32 AM

quote:

FF13 is good, but I would have preferred FF7 PS3 :cheesy: (a).
"Speaking to TechDigest, Kitase, the producer of Final Fantasy XIII (and director of VII) said a remake would be attempted if it were feasible to complete in a year. And that's hardly likely. His complete answer:

If it were possible that we had all the right facilities and the right environment to be able to make and prepare a Final Fantasy VII remake within a year, we'd very much like a go at it! But even Final Fantasy XIII has taken over three and a half years to create. If we were to recreate Final Fantasy VII with the same level of graphical detail as you see in Final Fantasy XIII, we'd imagine that that would take as much as three or four times longer than the three and a half years it has taken to put this Final Fantasy together! So it's looking pretty unrealistic! But if any such situation came about by any remote chance, then yes, we'd do it!"

http://kotaku.com/5476141/kitase-ffvii-remake-onl...-be-done-in-a-year

Hope that rips apart your insides like it did to me :(

But I just downloaded FFVII for my PSP so Im fine now :P
RE: FFXIII by Chrono on 03-20-2010 at 03:34 AM

ff13 is a great game :P The battle system is awesome,even though it takes a couple of hours to get the full thing. the first 3 or 4 hours you're simply pressing A all the time in battle :P

The story is pretty good and entertaining. It's true that the game is linear, but lets be honest, all ff ARE linear :P. Still, by the time you get to the third disk, it stops being linear in a way and you do get an open world and a lot of sidequests and stuff to do, so technically it's linear while they're telling the story. After that, you can do whatever you want as every other ff game. Sorta :P.

i'd recomend it if you like japanese rpgs, it's one of the bests of this generation. The fact that some people don't like it is mostly because of it being linear, and that's because they got used to western rpgs that are more action-based. Japanese rpgs should stay like this imo :p

RE: FFXIII by Steven on 03-20-2010 at 04:17 AM

If you want a great game then I have to recommend uncharted 2. Yes its not an rpg but it has that lasting appeal that your looking for as well as the great online. Remember ff13 is one play through type game (its awesome but rent it) so if your looking for a game you can come back to then i strongly suggest checking out Uncharted 2 if you haven't yet.

RE: FFXIII by Chris4 on 03-20-2010 at 04:23 AM

I've never played Final Fantasy before. :grin:

RE: RE: FFXIII by Toxn on 03-20-2010 at 04:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
/slap

at least get a emulator, ps1, psn, and get FFVII :P greatest FF ever :P
RE: FFXIII by Chrono on 03-20-2010 at 05:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Toxn
quote:
/slap

at least get a emulator, ps1, psn, and get FFVII :P greatest FF ever :P
or get zsnes and ff6 which is better 8-) (A)
RE: FFXIII by user27089 on 03-20-2010 at 01:19 PM

I got to the second disk in just over 8 hours and I'm 3 hours into the second disk... It's only just starting to get interesting.

It's the most linear "RPG" I've ever played. I'm really disappointed by it. I bought Mass Effect 2 at the same time, expecting to complete FFXIII then play Mass Effect 2 afterwards, but it's the other way around.

Oh, and I'm so stressed that it's not as good as I hoped that I went and bought a PS2 with Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.

RE: FFXIII by Chrissy on 03-20-2010 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Same.

It looks shit!

* Chrissy runs
RE: FFXIII by user27089 on 03-20-2010 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
quote:
Same.

It looks shit!

* krissy-afc runs

Final Fantasy IX is the "entry" game to be honest. You should have a go on that, you'd really enjoy it. In fact, I might buy it for my PS2 (if it works!)

Kingdom Hearts is way better than Final Fantasy though.
RE: FFXIII by Rolando on 03-21-2010 at 12:07 AM

I bought FFVII a long time ago when you told me it was good Sam :p but I've never gotten around to playing it, I think I played it for about an hour and didn't like it that much, maybe I'll go back to it

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
If you want a great game then I have to recommend uncharted 2. Yes its not an rpg but it has that lasting appeal that your looking for as well as the great online. Remember ff13 is one play through type game (its awesome but rent it) so if your looking for a game you can come back to then i strongly suggest checking out Uncharted 2 if you haven't yet.

Will get (Y)

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I got to the second disk in just over 8 hours and I'm 3 hours into the second disk... It's only just starting to get interesting.

It's the most linear "RPG" I've ever played. I'm really disappointed by it. I bought Mass Effect 2 at the same time, expecting to complete FFXIII then play Mass Effect 2 afterwards, but it's the other way around.

Oh, and I'm so stressed that it's not as good as I hoped that I went and bought a PS2 with Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.

Kingdom Hearts is awesome. I'm waiting for them to announce a new game for the PS3 instead of the three (or two?) they just released.. those were for the DS, the PSP and one for cellphones. Btw, if you haven't already, get Re:CoM .. it's the remake of the PSP game, it happens between I and II. You can fight the whole organization and stuff (It's a PS2 game btw)

Oh and the Final Mixes are also fun, but they're in Japanese (But there's guides online for the items so you know what they are, so it's really not that bad if you don't speak Japanese)

Still not convinced about FFXIII :P I think I'll get either Little Big Planet or Uncharted 2 for now
RE: FFXIII by prashker on 03-21-2010 at 08:48 PM

quote:

As a die hard fan of both. I would say they are both great in their own way :p.
RE: FFXIII by user27089 on 03-26-2010 at 07:48 AM

quote:
quote:

As a die hard fan of both. I would say they are both great in their own way :p.

Nah no way.

I've started playing Final Fantasy XI & X though. Not too bothered about XIII at the moment. I'm just at the part where you have to press the orbs to change the weather.
RE: FFXIII by Discrate on 03-26-2010 at 08:33 AM

I have never played FF either :p

Doesn't seem fun at all. Looks like all the other boring japanese fantasy games

RE: FFXIII by djdannyp on 03-26-2010 at 01:46 PM

I had FFX on PS2, it was pretty decent and good fun, just not my usual cup of tea....probably won't be bothering with FFXIII, more interested in getting Prison Break - The Conspiracy and I Am Alive (if it EVER comes out!)....as well as the new Splinter Cell on PC (damn there not being a PS3 version!)

RE: FFXIII by user27089 on 03-26-2010 at 10:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
I had FFX on PS2, it was pretty decent and good fun, just not my usual cup of tea....probably won't be bothering with FFXIII, more interested in getting Prison Break - The Conspiracy and I Am Alive (if it EVER comes out!)....as well as the new Splinter Cell on PC (damn there not being a PS3 version!)
The Splinter Cell Conviction demo was depressing.

quote:
Kingdom Hearts is awesome. I'm waiting for them to announce a new game for the PS3 instead of the three (or two?) they just released.. those were for the DS, the PSP and one for cellphones. Btw, if you haven't already, get Re:CoM .. it's the remake of the PSP game, it happens between I and II. You can fight the whole organization and stuff (It's a PS2 game btw)

Oh and the Final Mixes are also fun, but they're in Japanese (But there's guides online for the items so you know what they are, so it's really not that bad if you don't speak Japanese)

Hopefully Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on the Xbox 360 too!!! I played Chain of Memories on the GBA but not on the DS or PSP. I'm tempted to get CoM for the Playstation 2 but I can't seem to find a Region 2 copy of it anywhere...
RE: FFXIII by prashker on 03-27-2010 at 12:36 AM

quote:
Nah no way.
:zippy:

quote:
Hopefully Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on the Xbox 360 too!!!
I would jizz my pants in 0.01 seconds.

I have played KH1 Final Mix, KH: Chain of Memories (GBA), KH2: Final Mix, and a bit of the DS one with Roxas (Birth By Sleep?)

On KH2: Final Mix I still haven't beaten Enigmatic Soldier :sad:.
RE: FFXIII by user27089 on 03-27-2010 at 10:58 AM

I'd get Final Mix but I really don't think I'm hardcore enough to play a game that's in Japanese...

RE: FFXIII by prashker on 03-27-2010 at 03:17 PM

quote:
I'd get Final Mix but I really don't think I'm hardcore enough to play a game that's in Japanese...

There was a translation guide somewhere on the internet, I can't find though :p
RE: FFXIII by Rolando on 03-27-2010 at 06:44 PM

quote:

Meh, you already played the original game, so you know what's going on at all times... all you need the translation guide for is the items. And you get to see the new cutscenes too, though those are in Japanese, but there's voiceovers on english on youtube.

quote:
quote:

There was a translation guide somewhere on the internet, I can't find though :p

I still have it in my PC if you want it :P

quote:
quote:
Nah no way.
:zippy:

quote:
Hopefully Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on the Xbox 360 too!!!
I would jizz my pants in 0.01 seconds.

I have played KH1 Final Mix, KH: Chain of Memories (GBA), KH2: Final Mix, and a bit of the DS one with Roxas (Birth By Sleep?)

On KH2: Final Mix I still haven't beaten Enigmatic Soldier :sad:.

It better come out on the PS3 :refuck: Or at least both.
RE: FFXIII by prashker on 03-28-2010 at 04:37 PM

On a related note, I have Kingdom Hearts Final Mix in a .gi format, and I don't know how to extract it :sad: I've tried GI to ISO things on google but it didn't work :sad:

RE: FFXIII by Chrissy on 03-28-2010 at 04:44 PM

quote:
On a related note, I have Kingdom Hearts Final Mix in a .gi format, and I don't know how to extract it :sad: I've tried GI to ISO things on google but it didn't work :sad:
Try to rename the file as a .zip, .rar or .ace and extract them with WINRAR or 7Z.
RE: FFXIII by prashker on 03-28-2010 at 05:48 PM

Didn't work :sad:

RE: FFXIII by Rolando on 03-28-2010 at 07:19 PM

Mm, download it again and then use this? Ptsh idk.

http://forum.mininova.org/index.php?showtopic=235014378

If I knew how to rip it maybe I'd try =P but that's illegal, so I refuse (a)

RE: FFXIII by M73A on 03-29-2010 at 06:44 PM

currently playing FFX on my laptop view pcsx2...

ffxiii would mean buying a tv and a ps3... from what i've been reading definitely not worth it ( :( )

RE: FFXIII by prashker on 03-29-2010 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
ffxiii would mean buying a tv and a ps3... from what i've been reading definitely not worth it

Get an xbox, mod it, ???, profit.

RE: FFXIII by Chrissy on 03-29-2010 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
currently playing FFX on my laptop view pcsx2...

ffxiii would mean buying a tv and a ps3... from what i've been reading definitely not worth it ( :( )
Why wouldn't you have a TV :P