Shoutbox

[split] The file could not be found in the dynamic library - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [split] The file could not be found in the dynamic library (/showthread.php?tid=94180)

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Kevikun on 03-22-2010 at 05:22 PM

Okay, I'm having a problem here. I have the Messenger 8.0 and I try to download the Plus feature to it. I download it successfully but when I try logging in the msn with it, it tells me I need to download the latest messenger. Fine, I try downloading it. Everytime i try downloading it, it says "The file could not be found in the dynamic library". I've tried everything, and I really don't know either what to do, or what's the dynamic library. Can someone PLEASE help me?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by djdannyp on 03-22-2010 at 05:34 PM

Can you show us a screenshot of what happens?

When you download Windows Live Messenger, how far does the installer get?

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Kevikun on 03-22-2010 at 05:37 PM

The installer downloads completely, but it happens when it ends. Give me a few minutes please and I'll get the screen shot right away.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Kevikun on 03-22-2010 at 06:01 PM

[Image: Download.jpg]

It's downloading there.

[Image: DownloadComplete.jpg]

The Download is complete, it's saved on my downloads.

[Image: TheProblem.jpg]

There's when it states the problem.

If this problem was already formed, I do apologize for coming to this topic, I just don't really know what it is.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Menthix on 03-22-2010 at 06:15 PM

Don't download from softonic.com, they are not an official site.

Are you trying to download Messenger Plus! or Windows Live Messenger? In your first post you said you already have Messenger (although it's an old version) and trying to download Messenger Plus!. But in your screenshot you are trying to download wlsetup-custom.exe, which would be Windows Live Messenger.

Either way, these are the official places to download both:
Download Messenger Plus! from msgpluslive.net (latest version is 4.83.380)
Download Windows Live Messenger from download.live.com (latest version is 2009)

Download what you need from there. If it doesn't work, clear your browser cache and try again.

RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING by Kevikun on 03-22-2010 at 06:23 PM

I honestly thank you for trying, it means a lot. But I did what you told me to; I deleted the cache and tried downloading the Windows Live Messenger from the link you gave me, the error show on my last screen shot keeps appearing... any idea?

RE: [split] The file could not be found in the dynamic library by pollolibredegrasa on 03-22-2010 at 06:24 PM

That error seems to indicate an error with the Windows Installer rather than Windows Live Messenger.

Try reinstalling the Windows Installer (which you can download here) and then try installing Messenger again.

Hope this helps :)