Shoutbox

Windows Live Messanger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messanger (/showthread.php?tid=94193)

Windows Live Messanger by dragonette_1 on 03-23-2010 at 03:53 PM

I can log in to WLM yet it doesnt seem to sign me in properly and many of my friends say i show as offline and the same friends show as offline on my WLM.

I use Windows 7 atm and recently have had problems with AVG which slowed it down to the point it was unusable.

what is going on? its really annoying me now, can someone help me please, i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest one as well but it still wont work

RE: Windows Live Messanger by mynetx on 03-23-2010 at 03:57 PM

Hello,

the Messenger service is currently having problems with contact presence information. The problem is known and should solve as soon as the Windows Live team has repaired the Presence service. You can find more information at http://windowslivehelp.com/.

quote:
The Windows Live Messenger service is currently experiencing issues. Some or all of your contacts might appear offline after you sign in. Our Messenger Operations team are aware of the problem and are currently working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

RE: Windows Live Messanger by djdannyp on 03-23-2010 at 03:57 PM

There is a known issue with the Windows Live Messenger servers, it is nothing to do with Messenger Plus! Live

Read here for more information:

WLM Crisis!

At present there is no real way around the problem except to just wait it out, although some people have reported that signing into a webmessenger (such as in Hotmail) can help you show as online

RE: Windows Live Messanger by dragonette_1 on 03-23-2010 at 03:59 PM

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
i thought id ask here as there seem to be several posts about WLM and thought it would be best to ask