Shoutbox

DST messes up "Last seen online" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: DST messes up "Last seen online" (/showthread.php?tid=94236)

DST messes up "Last seen online" by djdannyp on 03-29-2010 at 06:08 AM

The clocks went forward here on Sunday morning (2am) and this has caused the times in the Contact Information window to all go ahead too.

Someone I last spoke to at 11:40pm on 25/03/10 is now showing as 00:40am on 26/04/10 (an hour ahead).

The time stamps in chat-logs remain unchanged

RE: DST messes up "Last seen online" by andrey on 03-29-2010 at 04:27 PM

Of course the timestamps in chat-logs won't be rewritten because of DST, but technically there is nothing wrong with shifting the time-stamp in the contact information window.

RE: DST messes up "Last seen online" by djdannyp on 03-29-2010 at 05:29 PM

There is something wrong with it.....because I didn't last chat to that contact at 00:40, I last chatted to them at 11:40, so the information is correct.  The change in time in the present doesn't affect the time in the past....so it's correct in saying that it's a bug.

And yeah, I know the time stamps in chat-logs won't have been re-written, but I was just saying it for completeness....and it also further highights that it's a bug ;)

RE: DST messes up "Last seen online" by Chrissy on 03-29-2010 at 05:46 PM

Either way, it's not going to get fixed. I can't remember the last time a bug got fixed.

On a related note, DST and my server didn't go well.

RE: DST messes up "Last seen online" by andrey on 03-29-2010 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
There is something wrong with it.....because I didn't last chat to that contact at 00:40, I last chatted to them at 11:40, so the information is correct.  The change in time in the present doesn't affect the time in the past.
Ah, true. :p
* andrey still hasn't adapted to crappy summer time |-)

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
Either way, it's not going to get fixed. I can't remember the last time a bug got fixed.
4.83.380 (17/03/2010) is the last time bugs were fixed :p (although most of the recent changes since October last year seem to be smaller fixes related to the promotional/revenue generating stuff in MsgPlus)