Shoutbox

Auto-Accept not working for certain files - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Auto-Accept not working for certain files (/showthread.php?tid=94253)

Auto-Accept not working for certain files by Zaggeh on 03-31-2010 at 05:36 AM

I'm using Messenger Plus! Live's auto-accept feature to accept a series of .rar files from someone.  Unfortunately, there's a nagging popup warning me that it is a potentially unsafe file and prompting me to continue before accepting the download.

I poked around for a couple hours for a solution but couldn't find anything current.  Most suggested fixes were for much older versions of the software and did not work.

Any help on how to get around this?

RE: Auto-Accept not working for certain files by djdannyp on 03-31-2010 at 05:53 AM

If you enable a virus scanner from the "File Transfer" section of the WLM "Options" menu then RAR files should be able to be transferred

Also, on the same page, ensure that "Automatically reject potentially unsafe filetypes" is unticked

RE: Auto-Accept not working for certain files by Menthix on 03-31-2010 at 07:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
If you enable a virus scanner from the "File Transfer" section of the WLM "Options" menu then RAR files should be able to be transferred

Also, on the same page, ensure that "Automatically reject potentially unsafe filetypes" is unticked
In the most recent Messenger versions this is not enough to disable that warning.It's a simple warning which only needs you to press the OK button in order to continue, and only happns for certain extensions like .exe .zip etc. But it does break auto-accept. I reported this before, in the beta forum I believe.
RE: Auto-Accept not working for certain files by Zaggeh on 03-31-2010 at 03:37 PM

Yeah, what Menthix said. :-P  I have the scanner installed, and I have the checkbox to block those types of files cleared.  But it still wants me to click "Continue" every time.

I guess I'll just have to live with it for awhile and hopefully a solution will present itself in the future.

RE: Auto-Accept not working for certain files by Chrissy on 03-31-2010 at 04:06 PM

Maybe a script that presses enter every time you revive such file?