Shoutbox

MSN messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN messenger (/showthread.php?tid=94283)

MSN messenger by Bunny67 on 04-02-2010 at 03:54 PM

If someone has blocked me in MSN instant messenger -
1) If they were showing/appearing as off line, would they still be able to receive an off line message/would i still be able to send an instant message or would i receive an error message?
2) What information about them in my contacts list would be showing or missing?

RE: MSN messenger by djdannyp on 04-02-2010 at 05:54 PM

There is no way of telling if someone has blocked you on Windows Live Messenger.

If their status is set to "Appear Offline" and they haven't blocked you, then they will receive messages, they may not reply as there could be a reason they are set to appear offline.

You can always send a message to someone offline, whether they're blocked, appearing offline, or genuinely offline.  You'll only get an error if you try to send a message that's too long.

If contacts don't sign in when you're signed in, then you won't see any changes to display name, personal message, or picture. 

Nothing can tell you whether someone has blocked you except for asking someone else who has them as a contact, or just asking the person directly if they've blocked you.

RE: MSN messenger by prashker on 04-02-2010 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
You can always send a message to someone offline, whether they're blocked, appearing offline, or genuinely offline.  You'll only get an error if you try to send a message that's too long.
Doesn't the message box in the conversation window get grayed out when you have a person blocked? However there used to be patches for WLM that allowed you to talk to blocked people, not sure if there is new patches or if it's still in Apatch or something :p
RE: MSN messenger by blessedguy on 04-02-2010 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Doesn't the message box in the conversation window get grayed out when you have a person blocked?
when you block, the text area will be grayed out only for you, as if you were disconnected, but the blocked person doesn't see it.
RE: MSN messenger by prashker on 04-02-2010 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Doesn't the message box in the conversation window get grayed out when you have a person blocked?
when you block, the text area will be grayed out only for you, as if you were disconnected, but the blocked person doesn't see it.
Must have changed since old MSN Messenger, I remember being able to talk to blocked people with a patch :p
RE: MSN messenger by Bunny67 on 04-02-2010 at 06:55 PM

so are you saying that i could actually send a message and it will look like the person is getting it, but if they have blocked me they will not receive it.

RE: MSN messenger by blessedguy on 04-02-2010 at 06:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bunny67
so are you saying that i could actually send a message and it will look like the person is getting it, but if they have blocked me they will not receive it.
Exactly.