Shoutbox

a question about Cache Answering Machine - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: a question about Cache Answering Machine (/showthread.php?tid=94368)

a question about Cache Answering Machine by supercoconut on 04-12-2010 at 02:57 PM

Hello~ I downloaded Cache Answering Machine and I want to know if I can somehow make the answer delay a few seconds.

It sends the answers instantly and people can see it's a bot, but I'm going away from home for a few days and wanna prank them.... :cheesy:

JUST THINK abut all the people who will be mad at me when I get back :banana:

but if it sends answers back this fast all the fun will be ruined.:chroppy:

any one knows? :]

RE: a question about Cache Answering Machine by matty on 04-12-2010 at 03:53 PM

Unfortunately the developer didn't use the same name on the forum (if they are here) as they did on the scripts database. The issue is that the script doesn't have any concept of waiting or a timer. Therefore the script would have to be rewritten to incorporate a timer. This isn't always the best idea without the developers permission.

Also if the developer sees this. It is recommended to use OnEvent_SigninReady not OnEvent_Signin as there is a lot that is happening during OnEvent_Signin and can cause the process to hang or take longer to complete. OnEvent_SigninReady is fired the moment the contact list object is completly initialized along with the rest of WLM.

RE: RE: a question about Cache Answering Machine by supercoconut on 04-12-2010 at 05:22 PM

aw too bad. then all I got left is to hope that only stupid people will send me messages :( or people that enjoy arguing with a bot.[happen today when I tried it, was hilarious]

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Unfortunately the developer didn't use the same name on the forum (if they are here) as they did on the scripts database. The issue is that the script doesn't have any concept of waiting or a timer. Therefore the script would have to be rewritten to incorporate a timer. This isn't always the best idea without the developers permission.

Also if the developer sees this. It is recommended to use OnEvent_SigninReady not OnEvent_Signin as there is a lot that is happening during OnEvent_Signin and can cause the process to hang or take longer to complete. OnEvent_SigninReady is fired the moment the contact list object is completly initialized along with the rest of WLM.