Shoutbox

MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links (/showthread.php?tid=94414)

MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by davemcfly1985 on 04-20-2010 at 12:22 AM

I was talking to a buddy of mine on MSN and when i sent him a link to a imageshack link it bounced back saying:

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:

and the link i sent in red below that text.  i even tried entering www.imageshack.us and that got bounced back with the same error.  I tried un installing and re installing MSN with the current version no luck.  so this just started happening a few days ago i have to actually save the image and re host it just to send them a link which is kind of a pain in the butt each time when i could send imageshack links in the past to anybody on my lists.

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by prashker on 04-20-2010 at 12:26 AM

There's nothing wrong on your end. It should get blocked for everyone.

SonicSam says:
*www.imageshack.us
* The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:
www.imageshack.us

I believe it's one of the things that MSN blocks.

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by davemcfly1985 on 04-20-2010 at 12:30 AM

but all of a sudden NOW they start blocking imageshack?  I have sent imageshack links to my friends for years :@.

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by prashker on 04-20-2010 at 12:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by davemcfly1985
but all of a sudden NOW they start blocking imageshack?  I have sent imageshack links to my friends for years :@.
I am not sure if it's permanent or not. All I'm saying is it's not just you encountering this now :zippy:
RE: RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by davemcfly1985 on 04-20-2010 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
I am not sure if it's permanent or not. All I'm saying is it's not just you encountering this now :zippy:

oh my bad :$ was not yelling at you or nothing I hope this is only a temp thing like i said it JUST started doing this a few days ago ^o)
RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by matty on 04-20-2010 at 01:59 AM

Bypass it with this script: Eljay's reply to [Request] TinyURL Script

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by davemcfly1985 on 04-20-2010 at 03:49 AM

not sure how that works, not a person that knows about scripts if there was a download i could get that would help that would be cool too.

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by blessedguy on 04-20-2010 at 03:56 AM

quote:
not sure how that works, not a person that knows about scripts if there was a download i could get that would help that would be cool too.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=801718
Here's the download link :)

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by davemcfly1985 on 04-20-2010 at 04:06 AM

i have the download but do not know what to do with the plsc file :(.

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by Menthix on 04-20-2010 at 11:03 AM

Do you have Messenger Plus! installed, if so you can just doubleclick the file top import the script. The .plsc file is a Messenger Plus! script, you need to have Messenger Plus! installed to use it.

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by prashker on 04-20-2010 at 11:03 AM

quote:
i have the download but do not know what to do with the plsc file :(.
If you have Messenger Plus!Live, double click it, and click "Import :p

It'll automatically replace all links with tinyurl links, no command is needed.
RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by davemcfly1985 on 04-20-2010 at 04:20 PM

oh dang, my bad i accidentally posted it in the plus thread, I MEANT to post it in the windows live thread, thanks for moving it i feel like such a IDIOT :$.  I do not have windows plus, only windows live messenger :P.

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by djdannyp on 04-20-2010 at 05:38 PM

If you download Messenger Plus! Live (which is an extension for Windows Live Messenger) then you will be able to install that script and send imageshack links again

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by davemcfly1985 on 04-20-2010 at 08:50 PM

yeah but it does it for all links not just imageshack ones.  i rather copy/paste the URL for the image link to tinyurl then to have all my links be that way.  thanks for the help tho guys (Y).

RE: MSN Messenger blocking imageshack links by SnakeCRO on 05-08-2010 at 12:29 PM

this script sucks, whttp wtf...i cant just click and open it.Need to copy paste again. I rather then send a link and add space like
www.imageshack. com/hsuidhsad.jpg