Shoutbox

MsgPlus not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus not working (/showthread.php?tid=94444)

MsgPlus not working by Maxn on 04-23-2010 at 05:32 PM

Hi,

I've been working with MsgPlus a long time and I didnt got problems until now. From just one to the other day MsgPlus stopped working (so only Windows Live Messenger works). I tried to reinstall both (MsgPlus and WLM) several times, restart my PC, run the Installations as Admin, in Compatibility Mode. Nothing shows effect.

I still can use WLM but not with MessengerPlus

Can you help me?

Greets

RE: MsgPlus not working by CookieRevised on 04-23-2010 at 07:05 PM

What do you mean with "not working"?

Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact error message (a screenshot would be excellent).
Do you see a Plus! icon in Windows Live Messenger?
What is your operating system (XP, Vista, 7)?

Have you consulted this sticky thread: 'Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart'?

RE: RE: MsgPlus not working by Maxn on 04-23-2010 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What do you mean with "not working"?

Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact error message (a screenshot would be excellent).
Do you see a Plus! icon in Windows Live Messenger?
What is your operating system (XP, Vista, 7)?

Have you consulted this sticky thread: 'Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart'?

error message -> no, just nothing happens
plus icon -> no
os -> vista

edit: i have none of the programs shown in the stick thread installed
RE: MsgPlus not working by djdannyp on 04-23-2010 at 08:45 PM

Did you look at the thread he linked you to?

It lists the all of the pieces of software that we know are incompatible with Messenger Plus! Live and cause the problem you are describing

RE: MsgPlus not working by Maxn on 04-23-2010 at 08:46 PM

sorry read it too late, look at edit,i have none of the programs shown in the stick thread installed

RE: MsgPlus not working by djdannyp on 04-23-2010 at 08:55 PM

Can you post some screenshots of your Programs & Features just so we can check it out?

It could be that there's an incompatible program that we are as yet unaware of.

RE: MsgPlus not working by Maxn on 04-24-2010 at 11:55 AM

[Image: progsg1we.png]
(click to enlarge)

here you go, on the right side there's only winrar left

RE: MsgPlus not working by Kafman on 04-24-2010 at 08:38 PM

Can you disable/uninstall AeroSnap 0.61 and see if Messenger Plus! works?

RE: MsgPlus not working by Spunky on 04-25-2010 at 02:53 AM

Also try removing "G Data Internet Security". Antivirus/Firewalls seem to be a common cause. There are other free alternatives if it does turn out to be the culprit such as AVG or Avast

RE: MsgPlus not working by CookieRevised on 04-25-2010 at 08:41 AM

Other stuff like RegRun and UnHackMe might be the cause too...

It might also help if you post a screenshot of your running processes. Because it is not because you have installed a lot of stuff that that stuff is actually running (and thus able to conflict). So posting a screenshot of your running processes might narrow it down....

PS: I see you have a lot of different anti-virus tools. Beware that running many of them isn't always a good solution. They might be conflicting other programs and even eachother. Note that is: it could be. So it is not neccesairly in your case. Just be aware of it ;)

RE: MsgPlus not working by Maxn on 04-25-2010 at 10:06 AM

[Image: a12and.png]
(click to enlarge)

Edit: I uninstalled AeroSnap, didnt work
Disabled all Security Software, didnt work either (also: i actually had them even before i started using MsnPlus! Live)

RE: MsgPlus not working by Chris4 on 04-25-2010 at 10:22 PM

There's loads of "AntiVirus", "InternetSecurity" and "Personal Firewall" processes I can see running. Just disabling doesn't always work, the processes are still running and can therefore interfere. You need to uninstall them or disable them running at start-up (msconfig or AutoRuns) so they cannot interfere.

Once you've done that you can restart your computer, check the proccesses aren't running, then run WLM. Reinstall if necessary.

TuneUp Utilities also looks like an unnecessary program.

Plus! isn't working because something on your computer is blocking it. To fix the problem you need to disable or uninstall any possible software (specifically security software, like mentioned) that are running on your system. We cannot do this for you.