Shoutbox

3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: 3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus (/showthread.php?tid=94465)

3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus by matejdro on 04-26-2010 at 11:42 PM

Is there any 3rd party msn client that supports Messenger Plus colors?

WLM is becoming too bloated and slow, but i can't use any 3rd party clients because 3/4 of my contacts are using colors and without colors contact list becomes mess.

So, is there any 3rd party messenger application, that have support for Messenger Plus colors?

RE: 3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus by prashker on 04-26-2010 at 11:58 PM

In these 3rd party clients, are you not able to set custom names for your contacts? That way you can give them a name without colour codes.

RE: 3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus by matejdro on 04-27-2010 at 12:24 AM

Many contacts have long color code like this

quote:
[c=46][c=11]m[/c][c=31]a[c=38]t[/c][/c][c=#400040]ejd[/c][c=47]r[/c=22]o[/c]

Even one is hard to translate, now rename whole contact list if you can.
RE: RE: 3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus by prashker on 04-27-2010 at 01:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matejdro
Many contacts have long color code like this

quote:
[c=46][c=11]m[/c][c=31]a[c=38]t[/c][/c][c=#400040]ejd[/c][c=47]r[/c=22]o[/c]

Even one is hard to translate, now rename whole contact list if you can.

All it means is it'll take longer than it should, but you'll end up with readable names :zippy:
RE: 3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus by Chris4 on 04-27-2010 at 11:13 AM

quote:
Is there any 3rd party msn client that supports Messenger Plus colors?

WLM is becoming too bloated and slow, but i can't use any 3rd party clients because 3/4 of my contacts are using colors and without colors contact list becomes mess.

So, is there any 3rd party messenger application, that have support for Messenger Plus colors?
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Plus! only supports WLM, nothing else.

If it's the appearance you dislike, have you tried using a skin?

Source: Alternative WLM Clients
RE: 3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus by Patchou on 05-03-2010 at 03:57 PM

Messenger 2010 will be cleaner, more easy to use (when using the normal contact list mode). Plus! is being redesigned as well, this year will be good for both products :).

RE: 3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus by prashker on 05-03-2010 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Messenger 2010 will be cleaner, more easy to use (when using the normal contact list mode). Plus! is being redesigned as well, this year will be good for both products :).
Not exactly relevant to the discussion if you don't have any specifics :p?
RE: 3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus by matejdro on 05-03-2010 at 08:27 PM

Based on pictures, i don't like new msn very much. Advertisment covers almost 3/4 of the screen (which is not big problem, A-patch will sort it out), i don't like metro interface much and there seems to be big focus on social networks integration, which i don't use much.

But i'm optimistic and i hope you are right. Has anyone tried new version yet?

RE: 3rd party msn client with Messenger Plus by Chris4 on 05-03-2010 at 10:33 PM

quote:
there seems to be big focus on social networks integration, which i don't use much.
You get a choice of 2 views, the social view which shows Facebook, Twitter, etc. or a normal contacts list.

So you're not forced into using the social network integration. (Y)