Shoutbox

how to stop mplus from opening when closing other windows - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: how to stop mplus from opening when closing other windows (/showthread.php?tid=94467)

how to stop mplus from opening when closing other windows by cocoloco on 04-27-2010 at 04:05 AM

having mplus minimized when i close or minimize all the other windows (folders or other programs) the conversation window from mplus opens by it self. i dont know if this is supposed to be like that or not, but i find it very annoying...
is there a way to change that??

thaks

RE: how to stop mplus from opening when closing other windows by djdannyp on 04-27-2010 at 05:49 AM

This is to do with tabbed chatting.  If you turn off tabbed chatting then the window won't pop up when you minimise everything else.  That's the only way around it

RE: how to stop mplus from opening when closing other windows by cocoloco on 04-28-2010 at 12:17 AM

thank you for the answer, but im using windows xp, so i have to use tabbed chatting, because if not, the chat windows wont group like in w7

if you really say thats the only way, in order to solve this problem i should look for a other tabbed msn client, but my friends use groups.im, and i dont know another client that supports gorups.im, is there one?

thaks

RE: how to stop mplus from opening when closing other windows by djdannyp on 04-28-2010 at 06:11 AM

Your options are to either put up with it happening (which is personally my option, as I rarely minimise everything so hardly notice it), put up with the chat windows not being grouped on the taskbar, or try to find a different messenger client, however I suspect you'll be losing a lot of features if you do that as you'll not only lose some of Messenger's features, but also Messenger Plus! Live's features

RE: how to stop mplus from opening when closing other windows by Chris4 on 04-28-2010 at 10:36 AM

WLM 2010 will be released soon, it has built-in tabbed chats. (Y)

RE: how to stop mplus from opening when closing other windows by CookieRevised on 04-29-2010 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
WLM 2010 will be released soon, it has built-in tabbed chats. (Y)
But it will only work on Vista/7. And from what I understand he is using XP.
quote:
Originally posted by cocoloco
thank you for the answer, but im using windows xp...

RE: how to stop mplus from opening when closing other windows by cocoloco on 04-29-2010 at 03:14 AM

thats right, im using xp...

probably you are thinking this guy is worrying to much about the self-opening window, but the thing is, since in my home there are more people than computers, sometimes other member of my family use my computer. if the chat window stays minimized they wont open it and read, but if they get this window opening by itself, they will probably read.

it seams that my only option is to search for another client, im not very interested in all the mplus functions, just the tabs is what i need. and it must be compatible with groups.im.
does someone know a client like that??

thanks