Shoutbox

Picture stealer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Picture stealer (/showthread.php?tid=94469)

Picture stealer by PheonixGRX on 04-27-2010 at 01:21 PM

I remember in the old version I could view someones contact card, and it would say download display picture, but on the recent one it doesn't have it. I tried getting a script for it, but I'm only getting the small square, where the old version used to get the image that was uploaded. Is there a new script for this, or a way to do it. Thank you in advanced.

RE: Picture stealer by matty on 04-27-2010 at 01:24 PM

It isn't possible. The image that is transfered to the server is compressed in size to 96x96 pixels. This is the file that is transfered between the server and you. There isn't a way of gettnig the original one... well you could always ask your contact for it?!?

RE: Picture stealer by Chrissy on 04-27-2010 at 01:30 PM

If the image is likely to be on-line, use TinEye to search for it or bigger versions.

RE: Picture stealer by Chris4 on 04-27-2010 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PheonixGRX
I remember in the old version I could view someones contact card, and it would say download display picture
It still does. Right click the contact > Messenger Plus! Features > Contact Information.

[Image: contactinfop.png]
RE: Picture stealer by PheonixGRX on 04-27-2010 at 10:07 PM

thanks Chris4 but I do remember getting the bigger image picture, how else could I have gotten my friends picture of Jimmy Hendrix in the full size without asking him?

RE: Picture stealer by Chris4 on 04-27-2010 at 11:44 PM

Well if you previously did, it's unfortunately no longer possible as matty described.

RE: Picture stealer by CookieRevised on 04-29-2010 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PheonixGRX
thanks Chris4 but I do remember getting the bigger image picture, how else could I have gotten my friends picture of Jimmy Hendrix in the full size without asking him?
Sorry to disappoint you but this was _never_ possible!

There never was any program which would be able to grasp the original full size picture which was used to make a display picture because that picture was/is never stored anywhere on the servers. Only the display picture (the smaller size) is stored and can therefor be grasped/'stolen'.

If you got a full size picture of Jimmy Hendrix it certainly was by using a display picture stealer or whatever similar feature or program..