Shoutbox

How to retrieve message history when "save history" option was not selected - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How to retrieve message history when "save history" option was not selected (/showthread.php?tid=94484)

How to retrieve message history when "save history" option was not selected by User_001 on 04-29-2010 at 08:52 PM

Greetings!
Well, title says it all. I have heard some folks being able to do this. I have tried some methods without any significant success. The messages i am trying to find are 2-3 months old. I would be soooo glad if someone could help me.

..and i have Plus.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

RE: How to retrieve message history when "save history" option was not selected by djdannyp on 04-29-2010 at 09:08 PM

Unless you or your contact had the chat logging of either Windows Live Messenger or Messenger Plus! Live enabled, then you cannot retrieve old messages

RE: How to retrieve message history when "save history" option was not selected by Chris4 on 04-29-2010 at 09:09 PM

Well firstly you can check Messenger's built in Message History. Open a conversation with the contact, then go to File > View Message History. If the option is greyed out or the old logs aren't there, you're out of luck and they haven't been saved.

As you have Plus!, this may have saved a chat log. From the contacts list, click the :plus4: button > Chat Log Viewer > Go to the date you wish and look for the contacts email address. You can also use the search function, enter your contacts email address to find all logs for them.

If you're unsuccessful with both of these, you're out of luck I'm afraid.

RE: How to retrieve message history when "save history" option was not selected by User_001 on 04-29-2010 at 11:10 PM

Thanks for reply, but i installed plus some day ago, unfortuntaly :/