Shoutbox

So, why the hell am I in a group chat? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: So, why the hell am I in a group chat? (/showthread.php?tid=94501)

So, why the hell am I in a group chat? by zabrak on 05-01-2010 at 07:22 PM

I have no idea how I entered this group chat, but I figured 'well no big deal: /quit>Y' and thought that was that....Not quite.

Even when the chat is blocked I'll still get messages from them. I figured it was some latency issue, you know where I'd block them and perhaps get a message or two before from them BEFORE I blocked them AFTER I blocked them, you know? Well....Well I don't know, that might actually be it. If I get any future messages I'll be sure to alert you.

Screenshot of it all is in the attachment

RE: So, why the hell am I in a group chat? by zabrak on 05-01-2010 at 07:31 PM

UPDATE:

Yep, I just got a message later so it's probably not a weird lag issue, but rather I'm still getting messages after I blocked this mysterious group that I didn't even want to be a part of

screenshot of the updated message is in the attachment

second update:

well I searched 'group' on my friends list and it was lingering in the offline contacts so I blocked/deleted it. I guess we'll see what happens now...
RE: So, why the hell am I in a group chat? by CookieRevised on 05-03-2010 at 08:40 AM

That's not really a group in the sence of a Messenger group.

That is an individual contact. It is actually a kind of bot, which let you speak to multiple people at once.

It is a service from groupsim.com. And although they started out as a very promissing and exciting new service, right before the new groups feature where introduced by Messenger themselfs, they are now a rather spammy and if I may say so a deceiving business.

eg: they also pray on the popular name of Messenger Plus! to get a popularity boost and revenue for themselfs.

They went from (y) to (n)(n).