Shoutbox

Shoutcast help! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Shoutcast help! (/showthread.php?tid=94509)

Shoutcast help! by carllawl on 05-03-2010 at 11:11 AM

How would I go about making a plugin for my shoutcast server?

Eg. When someone types !playing - it grabs the currently playing song and pastes it to them in a message. Or even have the song as the pm

Also we have a requests system that is a form and gets submitted to a mysql database (which then can be seen on the back dj panel)
Would it be possible to have something like
!request <name> <song> submit to the database?

Also the current dj as !currentdj (dj name is the streamtitle)

If anyone could help that would be brilliant!

RE: Shoutcast help! by MeEtc on 05-03-2010 at 03:42 PM

Yes, this would be possible to do, but nothing like it has been created yet. For the now playing, the easiest option I see would be to have the script retrieve the XML from the shoutcast server for recent songs. To make a request, you will need something else between the Plus! Script and the database, probably a PHP file.

If you are unfamiliar with scripting, your first step will be to download the scripting documentation. Look at other scripts too, to see how they operate. I wrote a tutorial that will be useful to you as well, [Tutorial] Communicating with web pages

RE: Shoutcast help! by Spunky on 05-03-2010 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
To make a request, you will need something else between the Plus! Script and the database, probably a PHP file.

Just make an XHR request with the same variables as the form. I'm actually quite interested in this even though I haven't used shoutcast properly in a few years