Shoutbox

People don't see that i added them? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: People don't see that i added them? (/showthread.php?tid=94548)

People don't see that i added them? by crane on 05-08-2010 at 09:58 AM

hey ,
  i didnt notice this problem till i opened new address ,  but today i saved my contact list from the one that ive been using and added it to new one , one of the ppl that i added had the invatition if he wants to add me as normally but then i realised no1 else is getting it but him :P first of all i have clear windows xp  ,have just  installed it lately , have no viruses and active anti-virus programme , have latest patches for messenger and plus , not using some other programme for messenger , dont have much ppl more than 250 ppl and actually didnt change any of dll files of messenger ... so i just dont know wat the problem is but no1 is getting that pop-up says that i added em , so i have to tell every1 one by one and they r adding me then they become online in the list :P so im sick and tired of this ill be so glad if some1 can help me about it , ive been searching whole internet but actually coudnt find some reasonable solution :P

RE: People don't see that i added them? by djdannyp on 05-08-2010 at 10:35 AM

It could just be a temporary server issue, people have reported this happening and then it going away.

The best advice I can give is just waiting a few days and seeing if it sorts itself out and in the mean time just getting people to add you too

RE: People don't see that i added them? by clint42 on 05-12-2010 at 11:01 AM

The same thing is happening with me.  I recently made a new email account and added all me previous contacts, but no one is seeing my invite.  Is there a solution to this?

RE: People don't see that i added them? by Chrissy on 05-13-2010 at 12:50 AM

When you add people and the server is having issues or is down it usually says 'Currently the server is unavailable.. but we will add @hotmail.com as soon as they are up'.

RE: People don't see that i added them? by clint42 on 05-13-2010 at 01:18 AM

It's been down for over a week.

RE: People don't see that i added them? by Chris4 on 05-13-2010 at 05:33 AM

Try adding contacts on something other than WLM, as it could be a problem with your Messenger. Try eBuddy.

RE: People don't see that i added them? by clint42 on 05-15-2010 at 12:24 PM

Using eBuddy still didn't work.  This is really irritating.