Shoutbox

Top at bottom skin ? (scene at bottom) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Forum: Skin Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: Top at bottom skin ? (scene at bottom) (/showthread.php?tid=94666)

Top at bottom skin ? (scene at bottom) by Musicologist on 05-27-2010 at 03:42 PM

Hello everyone,

I would like to request a skin that takes the scene box containing the users name/pm/image to the VERY bottom of the contact list window (assuming advertisements are already removed). And keep the search box along with the buttons at the very top.

Someone helped me out with a skin like this for the old messenger, unfortunately it doesn't work with the new one. So any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Musicologist.

RE: Top at bottom skin ? (scene at bottom) by Chris4 on 05-27-2010 at 03:57 PM

Messenger Live Toolbox can do that. (Y)

[Image: 3g89k.png]

RE: Top at bottom skin ? (scene at bottom) by Musicologist on 05-27-2010 at 04:14 PM

That's a nice skin actually, nice set of options, more than I need though lol.

Unfortunately, it forces back the bottom advertisment which makes the contact list look very VERY ugly with the dashboard at the bottom. How do I fix that ?

RE: Top at bottom skin ? (scene at bottom) by blessedguy on 05-28-2010 at 12:16 AM

That's a limitation from the way the advertisement is positioned.
The "guides" and "What's new" also don't seem to be able to go to the absolute bottom.

Anyways, you can remove the advertisement. Most skins have an "advertisement removal" .reg file deep within their folders (at Program Files/Messenger Plus! Live/Skins/<skin name>), just take a look there, apply it, and restart messenger.

[If Messenger Live Toolbox doesn't have it, My Live can also remove the scene.]