Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports (/showthread.php?tid=94678)

Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Nathalie on 05-28-2010 at 03:45 PM

Hello again.

We’re pleased to introduce you to Plus! Sports www.plussports.com, a new soccer website brought to you for Messenger Plus! Live fans. This sports portal keeps you posted on global soccer news, including:

•    World Cup 2010 – get the latest updates and about this exciting event. After you click on a South African venue in this application, you can access information on statistics, matches and squads. You can also try your luck playing the “Who will meet the finals?” game.
•    Injury Centre – keep tabs on the details of wounded players from teams around the world.
•    Observatory – watch video clips of rising stars, players in top form and the Goal of the Week.
•    And much more – enter the site plussports.com   to find your favourite soccer section.

Plus! Sports is the latest addition to the team of websites for the Messenger Plus! Live Community, including Plus! Games and Plus! Network.
We hope that the soccer enthusiasts among you will enjoy Plus! Sports. As always, your feedback is encouraged and appreciated!

RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by warmth on 05-28-2010 at 03:54 PM

OMFG! didn't expect something like that! Amazing Yuna guys! Thanks for this!

Any available jobs?

Note: team's tabs should be done in ajax... reloading the whole website on each click is not treding :P

RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by djdannyp on 05-28-2010 at 04:39 PM

As a keen football fan I'd like to echo warmth's question and ask if there's any jobs available in terms of submitting content, etc.

Looks like a great site, a lot of thought has obviously gone into it (Y)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Discrate on 05-28-2010 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
As a keen football fan I'd like to echo warmth's question and ask if there's any jobs available in terms of submitting content, etc.

Looks like a great site, a lot of thought has obviously gone into it (Y)

There is no jobs.

From what i understand, the info is automatically updated by the site it's powered by. www.plussports.com site is just the generic website the company gives out and then Yuna have slapped a few plus logos and ads on it.
RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Chris4 on 05-28-2010 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
If they are live, i will use the site :P
It's cool in regards to the Plus! brand, but I wouldn't say it was 'WOW' material, it's just a customised version of http://www.imscouting.com/. Most likely run by them, so no staff required to maintain.

But yeah, go go :plus4: Plus! :grin:
RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by djdannyp on 05-28-2010 at 05:00 PM

Ah, that kinda makes it look a bit less impressive :P

Out of curiosity, why the necessity for this site, when it basically already exists (just without the "Plus!" branding on it)?  Is it just like a "franchise" of it?

RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by John Anderton on 05-28-2010 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Ah, that kinda makes it look a bit less impressive :P

Out of curiosity, why the necessity for this site, when it basically already exists (just without the "Plus!" branding on it)?  Is it just like a "franchise" of it?
traffic from a successful product (read: Plus!) can increase hits for the site thus getting Yuna revenue :)
Decent way of using brand power :)
RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by mynetx on 05-28-2010 at 07:54 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=994725]

Err, yeah.  Anything I can do about it?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Nathalie on 05-28-2010 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
[Image: attachment.php?pid=994725]

Err, yeah.  Anything I can do about it?

Thanks, I fixed it.  Please try again.  www.plussports.com

RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Menthix on 05-28-2010 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Anything I can do about it?
Sounds like DNS didn't propagate properly yet. Flush DNS / reboot router? It should be pointing to 82.80.234.250. Loading fine here.
RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by mynetx on 05-28-2010 at 08:30 PM

Nah. She had linked to plusssports.com with triple S and I hadn’t noticed.

RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by albert on 05-28-2010 at 08:40 PM

I was absolutely not expecting that.
Pretty cool.. just.. out of.. context for me i guess.

But good. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Naruteitor on 05-29-2010 at 12:59 AM

oh, that's good idea, but patchou would add the icon of plussports on interface of MP? :D

RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by John Anderton on 05-29-2010 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If there are more services comming like this, maybe it isn't a bad idea to also extend the "show me promotions associated with Plus!" option with a opt-out checkbox list for each added service so the user can choose what icons to display and which not.
That, I definitely agree with (Y) :)
RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Eddie on 05-30-2010 at 04:59 AM

Mmm, I think they should stop concentrating on making pointless websites and instead be concentrating on adding features to Plus! itself and bring back some of the shine that appears to of been lost in the last 12 months.

Sorry but I am not impressed, I have hundreds of other websites I can use if I wanted to access this and a website that is ported over from an already average website is not on the top of my list.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Nathalie on 05-30-2010 at 09:03 AM

quote:

Any available jobs?

P

No available jobs at the moment, but probably will be jobs in the future.   (Please don't send me cvs at the moment, as there are no immediate vacancies, but we'll keep you posted).

quote:

Note: team's tabs should be done in ajax... reloading the whole website on each click is not treding :P

Thanks for comments and suggestions.  I've passed on your note to our partner.

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
If they are live, i will use the site :P

Discrate originally asked if the scores are live (was the original post deleted?)

The scores of the matches are updated live. The events are updated regularly, but not live (may take a few hours or days, depending on the country).

quote:

EDIT: Come to think of it... The name "Plus!Sports" isn't that well choosen imho. The site is all about soccer, nothing else, so not about sports in general. "Plus!Soccer" would have been more appropiate me thinks...

Soccer is phase one of Plus! Sports, which we have launched in time for the World Cup. This may evolve into other sports. 
RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by djdannyp on 05-30-2010 at 06:20 PM

I'm less and less interested in the site now, as Eddie says, the information is easily retrievable from elsewhere....BBC is a far better and guaranteed live scores, information, etc.

There's also no logical connection between Plus! and Football....so it kinda baffles me a little.  It really just seems that Yuna are trading off the Messenger Plus! name.  If it was perhaps joined with a Plus! Script that took all of the information and could display it in PSM or in convos with the use of commands, then it would make more sense.

Also, this isn't a Yuna forums......it's a Messenger Plus! Live forums......surely ventures such as these, or Plus! games, etc are better served on a Yuna hosted forum?

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
quote:

EDIT: Come to think of it... The name "Plus!Sports" isn't that well choosen imho. The site is all about soccer, nothing else, so not about sports in general. "Plus!Soccer" would have been more appropiate me thinks...

Soccer is phase one of Plus! Sports, which we have launched in time for the World Cup. This may evolve into other sports.

The game to which you're trying to refer is Football ;).  "Soccer" is an American/Australian bastardisation as they already had their own games called 'football' (neither of which use feet as the primary means of controlling the ball :/) before they were introduced to Association Football :P.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Nathalie on 05-30-2010 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp.

The game to which you're trying to refer is Football ;).  "Soccer" is an American/Australian bastardisation as they already had their own games called 'football' (neither of which use feet as the primary means of controlling the ball :/) before they were introduced to Association Football :P.[/size]

I can't speak for Americans and Australians, but as a Canadian, let me point out that there are soccer fans outside of Europe and all over the world, including North America, but if you refer to football in Canada and the U.S., you would be referring to a different sport..if the site was dedicated only to European soccer, then it would in fact be appropriate to call it football, imho.
RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by djdannyp on 05-30-2010 at 09:36 PM

Factually speaking, the game is called Football, so it would be inaccurate on a world wide website to call it anything else.  If the game were solely for a US/Canadian audience, then calling it soccer would be justfied.

Similarly, if a global website were to refer to American Football, that would be correct......but if it were a North American website, it would be more accurate to say soccer.

It might just be semantics, but it's correct ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by blessedguy on 05-30-2010 at 10:17 PM

The name isn't the same in all countries, just get used to it. Still, everyone understands what was meant.

[Also, it can always be worse. Initial protuguese translation for football/soccer was ludopédio. Glad we liked futebol better.]

RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Willz on 05-31-2010 at 08:27 AM

I'm all for making a brand more recognizable and expanding into new areas, but there is a fine line between expanding and making a brand people trust lose credibility.

These extra websites are starting to push that line, simply because of the way they have been executed. The first thing I thought when I visited that website was "What the?".

But hey that's just my opinion. I'm still on the whole wait and see thing.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by bobby2000 on 06-12-2010 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
I'm all for making a brand more recognizable and expanding into new areas, but there is a fine line between expanding and making a brand people trust lose credibility.

These extra websites are starting to push that line, simply because of the way they have been executed. The first thing I thought when I visited that website was "What the?".

I think that if you've got members including Willz stating the lack of trust in messenger plus! now, you guys really need to start looking at where you're going. Far less people now respect the brand as a whole and the whole ethos of the system has changed. and not for the better.
RE: Messenger Plus! launches Plus! Sports by Chris4 on 06-12-2010 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bobby2000
quote:
Originally posted by Willz

I think that if you've got members including Willz stating the lack of trust in messenger plus! now, you guys really need to start looking at where you're going. Far less people now respect the brand as a whole and the whole ethos of the system has changed. and not for the better.
Problem is that they don't visit the forums, well only Nathalie, so they rarely hear users opinions.

But in my opinion it's much better than the previous sponsor which was random pop-up advertisements on your screen!