Shoutbox

There has been X replys since you pressed the post button - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button (/showthread.php?tid=94700)

There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by Chrissy on 06-01-2010 at 09:19 PM

A feature I like on other forum software is the notifications of replies to the post before you post yours.

Basically, there is a thread with 2 replies. As you are typing your message, another 2 people reply.

You press send and you get 'There had bin 2 replies since you pressed the post button. You may want to review your post before you submit it'.

It's used in SMF & PHPBB and saves a lot of time. I know there is an edit button. but it saves you typing up posts for nothing and having to edit posts based on new information.

Would anyone else like this?

RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by andrey on 06-01-2010 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
You press send and you get 'There had bin 2 replies since you pressed the post button.
quote:
it saves you typing up posts for nothing and having to edit posts based on new information.
so it wouldn't save you anything except having to press the quick delete button after posting if you get the message only after pressing the post button..

a gmail-like "there have been x replies since you started reading" thing would be cool though.. and i think pretty easy to do with a userscript, cba to write it though :zippy:
RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by foaly on 06-01-2010 at 10:10 PM

I thought this forum already had that...
must be confused with another forum...

RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by Chrissy on 06-01-2010 at 10:22 PM

Like this

[Image: attachment.php?pid=994944]

RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by Chrono on 06-02-2010 at 02:01 AM

Oh, c'mon! Let the mod do the job, right? :P

Closed until you realize the offtopicness is no more :zippy:

Edit: opened.

RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by matty on 06-02-2010 at 01:05 PM

quote:
You press send and you get 'There had bin 2 replies since you pressed the post button. You may want to review your post before you submit it'.
Love the grammar!
quote:
It's used in SMF & PHPBB and saves a lot of time. I know there is an edit button. but it saves you typing up posts for nothing and having to edit posts based on new information.
That is why I have an inline editing script for GM to edit my posts...
RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by blessedguy on 06-02-2010 at 02:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
That is why I have an inline editing script for GM to edit my posts...
offtopic, but could you share it? (A)
RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by matty on 06-02-2010 at 02:14 PM

Here it is...

RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by Chrissy on 06-02-2010 at 02:22 PM

I also use that, but I still think my suggestion is a good idea. (A)

RE: RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by CookieRevised on 06-02-2010 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
quote:
You press send and you get 'There had bin 2 replies since you pressed the post button.
quote:
it saves you typing up posts for nothing and having to edit posts based on new information.
so it wouldn't save you anything except having to press the quick delete button after posting if you get the message only after pressing the post button..
True, unless it could also show a confirmation like "still wanna post it?".
When you press yes, it submits the post like it is now.
When you press no, you are taken to the newreply page, with the new posts also listed in the thread review.
RE: There has been X replys since you pressed the post button by vaccination on 06-02-2010 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Love the grammer!