Shoutbox

Cam not working. Help Please! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Cam not working. Help Please! (/showthread.php?tid=94731)

Cam not working. Help Please! by encchar on 06-05-2010 at 09:48 PM

My girlfriends cam is not working on my messenger.  Her cam works perfect on other peoples MSN but not on mine. It says I automatically decline the invitation as soon the call happens.

I did a complete reformat of vista 64 and a clean install of Windows yesterday and the exact problem is happening. Instant Declined Invite. Her cam works on Yahoo messenger perfectly BUT YAHOO SUCKS. Im guessing its a compatibility issue with vista 64 since I just did a complete re install and nothing fixed.

HELP PLEASE!

RE: Cam not working. Help Please! by Hank on 06-05-2010 at 11:58 PM

from what i recall 64bit drivers for Vista sucked majorly. but what Model Webcam is it?

RE: Cam not working. Help Please! by encchar on 06-07-2010 at 08:06 AM

It turns out I reformated for no reason she was using an older version of MSN. The old version had a 'Show Webcam' button instead of 'Video Call' for streaming webcam.

However Im still having a problem as soon as she presses Video Call it says'Press Accept or Deny' then immediately says 'You have missed a video call from XX' please check you have a webcam plugged in.

I dont have a working webcam.

My question is do you both need to have a webcam for Video Call Feature or should Video call work with only one person having a cam?

RE: Cam not working. Help Please! by djdannyp on 06-07-2010 at 08:19 AM

No, you don't both need webcam, it will just show up as an empty box for her.

Sending a single webcam has been removed from the forthcoming WLM 2011 and it was also removed from a recent minor update to WLM 2009.  Video-call will work if only one person has the webcam, but sending webcam by itself will not.

RE: Cam not working. Help Please! by Chrissy on 06-07-2010 at 02:51 PM

I've noticed if your up to date the your contact isn't you cant have ANY sort of web cam communication at all.

RE: Cam not working. Help Please! by djdannyp on 06-07-2010 at 04:41 PM

That's not true, I've managed this with several contacts who are on the older version

RE: Cam not working. Help Please! by Chrissy on 06-07-2010 at 04:44 PM

Well, when people try to have a video call the send it and it automatically closes. I don't even see the invitation.

Same happens when I send the invite - they don't see but, but I do.

Weird :S.