Shoutbox

[Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa (/showthread.php?tid=94733)

[Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa by EWiX on 06-06-2010 at 09:35 PM

World Cup 2010 South Africa

[Image: World-Cup-2010-South-Africa.jpg]

This Messenger Plus! Live plugin has been written especially for the World Cup 2010 in South Africa. The following features are available in the current version:

* Goal notifications: a popup at the lower right corner of your screen when a goal is scored.
* Team select: if you don't want to follow all teams you can select your own favorites.
* Livescores: the livescores of the current matches in your name or personal message.
* Customized colors: (background) colors for each team which can be specified by you.

Getting started:
1. Make sure you have installed Messenger Plus! Live
2. Download and install the script
3. Open the preferences window, which is located in the script menu
4. Configure the script as you want
5. Enable the script (also in the script menu)
6. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

Note: because the World Cup will start next friday, it's not possible to check all features now. The first matches will be shown at friday automatically.

In this thread you can give feedback or ask questions. I will try to answer as soon as possible.

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by toddy on 06-06-2010 at 10:05 PM

Good Work!
not a football fan myself so won't be using it, but i'm sure lots of others will love it.

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by Chrissy on 06-06-2010 at 11:00 PM

Looks great, I'd imagine A LOT of people will download this.
As toddy said, I'm also not a football fan as such but still really good work ;) (Y).

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by Nagamasa on 06-06-2010 at 11:38 PM

Awesome! It seems very comprehensive, hope it works out next Friday!

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by Spunky on 06-07-2010 at 12:40 AM

Been waiting for someone to update alex's idea (Y) That was the first script I used... four years ago when I joined :p

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by Chris4 on 06-07-2010 at 04:11 AM

Great script, I'll give it a go. (Y)

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by matty on 06-07-2010 at 01:07 PM

After looking over your script you will want to use OnEvent_SigninReady not OnEvent_Signin. The reason for this is while OnEvent_SignIn is being called it is still in the process of downloading the contact list and (although you don't neccessarily need it) not all the objects will be populated.

And your inArray function can be made to run quicker using a reverse while loop. Ex:

Javascript code:
function inArray(arr, ele){
    var i = arr.length;
    while (--i) {
        if(arr[i] === ele) return true;
    }
    return false;
}

Overall way to go!
RE: RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by EWiX on 06-07-2010 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
After looking over your script you will want to use OnEvent_SigninReady not OnEvent_Signin. The reason for this is while OnEvent_SignIn is being called it is still in the process of downloading the contact list and (although you don't neccessarily need it) not all the objects will be populated.

And your inArray function can be made to run quicker using a reverse while loop. Ex:

<code>

Overall way to go!
Thanks for giving feedback! My OnEvent_Signin function loads the current name, but fortunately this will be done again while opening the settings window (if needed). So, for the time being it doesn't matter. This will be fixed in the next version.
RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by Nathalie on 06-10-2010 at 02:48 PM

Cool script!  We've promoted it directly from www.plussports.com

Looking forward to seeing it in action once the World Cup starts.

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by djdannyp on 06-10-2010 at 05:26 PM

Installed (Y)

Bring on the tournament!!

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by EWiX on 06-11-2010 at 10:36 AM

Today was the first opportunity to test with the World Cup matches and it seems to work correctly :)

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by Lt.Col.DraGon on 06-11-2010 at 07:25 PM

Seems to be working flawlessly, nice job (y)

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by CookieRevised on 06-12-2010 at 09:35 AM

The script looks very well made (y).

Though I would suggest to add the new auto-update info tags (<UpdateId> and <BuildNumber>) in the ScriptInfo.xml for your script to avoid possible future update problems. See the scripting documentation for more info, or Auto-Update for Skins & Scripts FAQ

---------------------

PS: It would be a perfect script to list on the new Plus!Sports site.
EDIT: oh, I should've read more posts before posting :p

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Cool script!  We've promoted it directly from www.plussports.com

Looking forward to seeing it in action once the World Cup starts.
EDIT2: Nathalie, where exactly is it promoted? I can't see it anywhere... 
though I have all the ads blocked at the moment (because of my HOSTS file). If it is in an ad: Why not adding it to a direct link somewhere in the header for example? I might not be the only one who have certain ad-sites being blocked in the HOSTS file (I'm using a rather popular hosts file which many other people also use).
RE: RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by Matti on 06-12-2010 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
EDIT2: Nathalie, where exactly is it promoted? I can't see it anywhere... 
though I have all the ads blocked at the moment (because of my HOSTS file). If it is in an ad: Why not adding it to a direct link somewhere in the header for example? I might not be the only one who have certain ad-sites being blocked in the HOSTS file (I'm using a rather popular hosts file which many other people also use).
It's at the top of the header, next to the network links:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=995561]

Not the best place to put it though, could use some better placing.
RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by djdannyp on 06-12-2010 at 03:10 PM

Mm, it took me quite a while to find it up there as well.....but then again I'm guessing that it's the only place on the site they actually have control over, as the rest of the content comes from elsewhere

RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by Chrono on 06-12-2010 at 04:35 PM

i couldnt find it yesterday either, and i was actually looking for it. i guess someone who's not would never find it :P

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
I'm guessing that it's the only place on the site they actually have control over
Yeah makes sense
RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by CookieRevised on 06-12-2010 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matti
It's at the top of the header, next to the network links
[...]
Not the best place to put it though, could use some better placing.
Damn, I really should look better (and not with very sleepy eyes)... And to think I even suggested to place it there.. lol

Seems to be a fine place to me though; not intrusive, yet easy accessable. Though it could use some eye candy so it stands out more. Afterall, it's the only thing linking this site directly to Messenger Plus! (aka: bring in more users :D)
RE: World Cup 2010 South Africa by EWiX on 06-12-2010 at 05:58 PM

I released a new version of the World Cup script today. Now the team names will be displayed in the selected language (English, Dutch, German). The preferences window contains an update button to download new languages.

I'm looking for translators. Interested? Send an email to softwareATewix.nl.

RE: [Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa by Chris4 on 06-15-2010 at 09:40 AM

You get the option of inserting the scores into your 'name' or 'personal' message, could there not be an option for 'neither'? If you just want the goal notifications, but don't want to broadcast it to your contacts?

Although a workaround would probably be to just not insert the [matches] tag into either. (Y)

RE: [Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa by djdannyp on 06-15-2010 at 10:18 AM

Correct, I don't have the matches tag in either and I don't get the scores coming up in my name or personal message.

RE: [Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa by EWiX on 06-15-2010 at 11:14 AM

Indeed, that's a possible workaround. The 'neither-option' will be available in the next version of this script. Thanks for giving feedback.

RE: [Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa by Chris4 on 06-15-2010 at 11:58 AM

Cool. You're welcome. (Y)

RE: [Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa by Spongshga on 06-15-2010 at 09:26 PM

i use your  script, but i have a lot for you...
[Image: bluespongshgareportmpl.png]

• pleas short-option for Country (DE=Deutschland, USA= United States, IT= Italil etg.)
  • Give a Option to deaktivate for ALL Countrys the Collor or reset collor for every country the code =0 !!!!
  • Give A Statuschanger option how blend orginal name or sn and interval the [matches]
  • Make clean the "Collor" code for every country an make it do that can be select every Live code (Sample:
    code:
    [b][c=2][country][/c][b]
    ) Also the Code aorund [country].
  • Give a Option "winner yea". Than i can Set a Favorite Country how i need that winn. When The Game over and my Favorite Game is over than chanhge name/status to "HEAYYYY *FavCountry* WINNN WITH *x:x* vs. *ohter Country* oleoleoleee!!!!"
    this was a funy information!!! (give all codes free!)
    sry for my bad english
  • I CAN help to translate Script language to German ;) and make it puplic!
sorry for my bad english @ thx spongshga
RE: [Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa by Robin2130 on 06-19-2010 at 10:14 AM

Great script. I watch the matches on livestream. When someone scores, the script update the score very fast. Much faster than the livestream :P

RE: RE: [Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa by Nathalie on 06-20-2010 at 07:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EWiX
Thanks for giving feedback.

Hey, hope you're having a good weekend. Have you noticed that the current version of your script is being downloaded on an average of 1,000 downloads per day (during the past few days)?
RE: [Release] World Cup 2010 South Africa by Hank on 06-20-2010 at 07:51 AM

shame it wont last to long once the world cup is over, no one will want it.