Shoutbox

Custom emotions clashing with default ones! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! (/showthread.php?tid=94736)

Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Chrissy on 06-06-2010 at 10:57 PM

I have already searched the forums and found nothing.

I've added an emotion (I think) under the :D short cut. It's not showing up in the panel and when I try to edit the default one it wont let me, because it's default.

So whenever I send :D, it comes up as the default one in the textbox but once it sends it changes to a custom one (I cant see it, but the box is there were the emotion should be).

Any ideas to remove it?

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Lou on 06-06-2010 at 11:31 PM

Change the shortcut?

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Chrissy on 06-06-2010 at 11:44 PM

I can't..

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by blessedguy on 06-07-2010 at 12:04 AM

Reinstalling messenger? [It usually deletes the old emoticons...]

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by djdannyp on 06-07-2010 at 06:06 AM

When you try to add a custom emoticon using one of the default shortcuts it doesn't let you and gives an error message.

So how precisely did you manage it?

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Spunky on 06-07-2010 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
I cant see it, but the box is there were the emotion should be

How do you even know it's a custom one and not Messenger failing to display it in that context (ie inside the message history window)

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Chrissy on 06-07-2010 at 11:35 AM

Well to put it short, I type :D and got a clear box.. but I remember someone sending me a custom emotion with the shortcut :D as well and I could add it fine :S.

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by djdannyp on 06-07-2010 at 11:37 AM

Are you sure it's not that code but with a space after?

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Spunky on 06-07-2010 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Well to put it short, I type :D and got a clear box.. but I remember someone sending me a custom emotion with the shortcut :D as well and I could add it fine :S.

StuffPlug used to allow this IIRC. Just re-install
RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Chrissy on 06-07-2010 at 02:45 PM

Well, I might as well. I'll install an older version that has the one-way web cam feature :P

Thanks Guys.

Were can I get a version of WLM that has the one-way webcam :)

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by blessedguy on 06-07-2010 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Were can I get a version of WLM that has the one-way webcam
http://rnd.menthix.net/windows_live/Windows_Live_..._-_Wave_3_-_QFE_2/ /lala
RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Chrissy on 06-07-2010 at 05:01 PM

When installing it finishes then gives me an error saying it couldn't be installed because I canceled it. I didn't cancel it. :S

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Menthix on 06-07-2010 at 06:14 PM

* Uninstall any Windows Live stuff you currently have installed (as it won't install when you have a newer version installed)

* Download the full installer http://rnd.menthix.net/windows_live/Windows_Live_...sh/wlsetup-all.exe

* Clean out the dust from your harddisk.

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Chrissy on 06-07-2010 at 06:15 PM

That's what I did.

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Menthix on 06-07-2010 at 06:48 PM

That's why it failed.

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Chrissy on 06-07-2010 at 07:01 PM

Why? I only installed it as anyone else does.

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by blessedguy on 06-08-2010 at 02:48 AM

quote:
Why? I only installed it as anyone else does.

Read carefully :P
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
* Clean out the dust from your harddisk.
quote:
That's what I did.
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
That's why it failed.

RE: Custom emotions clashing with default ones! by Chrissy on 06-09-2010 at 12:27 AM

lol..

I installed 8.5 using that atm..