Shoutbox

Scheme or Scene Change - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Scheme or Scene Change (/showthread.php?tid=94753)

Scheme or Scene Change by Nostalgica507 on 06-09-2010 at 11:30 PM

I have been trying to change my Scene to a picture but it never matches correctly the pixels of my photo so it looks funny, does anybody know what are the most approximate dimensions of it?:|

RE: Scheme or Scene Change by djdannyp on 06-10-2010 at 06:04 AM

It depends on what size you have your Contact list window.......and remember it will show up differently for different people depending on the resolution of their screens and what size they have chat windows set to.

The best thing is just to play around a bit with sizes, maybe ask a couple of friends to send you screenshots of what it looks like for them.

My scene that I designed is 400x80 and displays nicely as I have the my contact list window quite slim, rather than full-screened

RE: Scheme or Scene Change by Cartox on 06-10-2010 at 07:56 AM

The dimensions of the original WLM scenes are 640x320.

You can have a look at what WLM did to your photo as you imported it at :

C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\YOUR-EMAIL\ObjectStore\Scenes

(Copy-paste the latest *.id2 file after the import to your desktop and change it *.png or just open it with any photo editing software.)

If your picture is to big then WLM will cut out a section an convert it to 640x320.

But like djdannyp said just mess around a little :)