Shoutbox

Messenger Plus just won't show up. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus just won't show up. (/showthread.php?tid=94757)

Messenger Plus just won't show up. by glassesworth on 06-10-2010 at 01:52 PM

Okay, I'm a faithful Plus! user, I've been using it forever, but on my old laptop (that I'm forced to use at the moment because the newer one is being fixed.) Plus just won't show up. I had to reinstall XP because I had some bugs (MSN wouldn't start, malfunctioning speakers, etc.) and now that everything works again, Plus won't. I know it used to work, because I had Plus on this laptop before. I have already tried reinstalling both. Several times, even. I also tried to install the old version of Plus to see if maybe it would force me to update once MSN starts, but alas, it did not.

RE: Messenger Plus just won't show up. by matty on 06-10-2010 at 01:59 PM

Do you happen to be running Windows Live Messenger in compatibility mode?

What version of Windows Live Messenger are you running? One would assume you are running the latest version of Messenger Plus! Live).

RE: Messenger Plus just won't show up. by glassesworth on 06-10-2010 at 02:04 PM

...Actually that is fully possible because before I reinstalled XP I put it in compatibility mode to see if MSN would start. I'll check if that didn't change...

Yes it was in compatibility mode.  ......Now it works. I feel silly now ahaha. But I completely forgot about it. So thank you for reminding me of that, it works now! ^^;

RE: Messenger Plus just won't show up. by matty on 06-10-2010 at 02:12 PM

Glad that fixed it :)

RE: Messenger Plus just won't show up. by djdannyp on 06-10-2010 at 02:36 PM

Updated the sticky to reflect compatibility mode causing problems