Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM (/showthread.php?tid=94777)

Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-13-2010 at 05:42 AM

Kay, so I know quite a few people has had their problem fixed under this category, but I have looked at the lists of programs that might interfere with Messenger Plus! and I have none of them installed except Maplestory, which I have immediately removed. I then tried re-installing Messenger Plus! one more time and it still wont work...my WLM stays the same and the little icon will not show up besides the email icon. It frustrates me since this problem has been a couple weeks old.

Will anyone be able to lend me a hand?

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by Kafman on 06-13-2010 at 07:06 AM

Take a look at Problem with the download update?

Basically some people couldn't install Plus! even tough they didn't have any of the software that interfere... the problem was something with the installer and the Visual Studio 2010 and there was a new build released, download ir from: http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by djdannyp on 06-13-2010 at 10:25 AM

Are you running Windows Live Messenger in Compatibility Mode?  This can stop Plus! from showing up and functioning correctly

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-13-2010 at 02:15 PM

I feel really stupid for not being able o fix this problem even after that. >_<

I've tried downloading the compatibility mode, still nothing.. :(

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by djdannyp on 06-13-2010 at 02:21 PM

Compatibility mode isn't something you download, it's a way of running Windows Live Messenger which some people do in order to make it operate in an outdated fashion.

It should be set NOT to run in compatibility mode, to double check this, right click on the shortcut and choose "Properties" then check the "Compatibility" tab

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-13-2010 at 02:43 PM

oh, okay, I thought the older version of Messenger Plus! My bad.

Okay, I've tried what you've said and my Windows Live Messenger is NOT running on compatibility mode. I've restarted it once again, still nothing.

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by djdannyp on 06-13-2010 at 03:51 PM

Could you post screenshots of your Programs & Features (Add/Remove Programs on XP) so that we can see all of your installed programs?  It's possible that there's some incompatible software that we are as yet unaware of.

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-13-2010 at 04:30 PM

Alright,

#1 & #2

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by djdannyp on 06-13-2010 at 04:43 PM

If you disable your internet security and re-install Messenger Plus! Live then does it show up?

Also you can uninstall Messenger Plus! 3 as that is for an old Messenger client

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-13-2010 at 04:54 PM

I've removed the Messenger Plus! 3 and Messenger Plus!, disabled my internet security and re-installed Messenger Plus! still nothing.

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by Chris4 on 06-14-2010 at 12:52 AM

Just to be sure Plus! isn't installed (because there's an option to hide the Plus! button and for some reason it may be checked) you should press ALT on your contacts list which will show the menu. If Plus! is installed, it'll be there too.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=995614]

If it's not, could you take a screenshot of WLM?

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-14-2010 at 02:40 AM

Here you go, I have no link in the bar above like yours. =\

[Image: Untitled-6.jpg]

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by Nagamasa on 06-14-2010 at 03:14 AM

Have you installed Messenger Plus! Live again, or Messenger Plus!?

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-14-2010 at 03:19 AM

Of course I have! Check the image links i posted in my other post in the first page other than the Messenger Plus! 3 removed, I have Messenger Plus! installed on my computer

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by Nagamasa on 06-14-2010 at 03:24 AM

Have a try at this:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger and see if msimg32.dll exists there.

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-14-2010 at 03:32 AM

Okay so I found two folders of Messenger Plus! and being as I need help already...mind telling me if I should delete one of them? And as well I will screenshot whats inside.

And no I do not have that file in either of those folders.

Image 1:
[x]
Image 2:
[x]
Image 3:
[x]

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by Nagamasa on 06-14-2010 at 05:00 AM

The first folder seems okay. The latter...I've never seen it before. It might be the ads, but I'm not sure. Don't quote me on it.

In any case, the folder I'm trying to point you to is not the Messenger Plus! Live folder, but in fact the actual Windows Live Messenger folder. msimg32.dll, I believe (again don't quote me on this), is how Messenger Plus! Live hooks onto WLM (which then could explain why MP!L content isn't showing).

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-14-2010 at 05:28 AM

Oh, haha. Yes I do have that in my Windows Live Messenger folder.

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by CookieRevised on 06-14-2010 at 07:05 AM

[sidenote]

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
The first folder seems okay. The latter...I've never seen it before. It might be the ads, but I'm not sure. Don't quote me on it.
It's the installation folder of the browser toolbar (aka: nothing todo with ads).

[/sidenote]

RE: Messenger Plus! will not operate with WLM by xXCake on 06-15-2010 at 01:51 AM

Oh okay. Thanks.