Shoutbox

Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL (/showthread.php?tid=94780)

Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by John Anderton on 06-14-2010 at 06:39 PM

Well, I'm a newbie when it comes to XBL/XBox online play (since I've never done it before). I just got my subscription and decided to play Fifa 10 online.

When I connect to XBL and am in the game to start a head to head, it asks me to update my rosters and while doing so it always dies.
Am I missing something? Any ideas why this happens and what I can do to play Fifa10 on XBL?

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by matty on 06-14-2010 at 06:45 PM

What error message are you getting?

From what I am reading you cannot update the roster for online mode if you have a silver membership.

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by John Anderton on 06-14-2010 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
What error message are you getting?
At times, my XBox says it is unable to connect to Live and I should troubleshoot my system.

If I only connect my xbox to my router, it usually manages to connect fine (ie disconnecting all my other machines such as phone/laptop/desktop (even though they aren't downloading anything)

It asks me that it needs to update the squads for online head to head play. I say yes. It says "Unable to download the latest roster at this time. Do you want to try again?" I select yes and nothing happens.
Eventually it tells me that I have lost my connection to the EA servers :-/

quote:
From what I am reading you cannot update the roster for online mode if you have a silver membership.
Actually, you can. But that's the regular rosters for playing.
Anyway, I have gold membership. And I'm downloading the rosters for online play (which I'm guessing are different from regular rosters cause I have the latest for those).
It says it's connecting to the EA servers and then dies or it actually starts downloading data (I can see data transfer on the router) and then dies.
Very weird :-/
RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by John Anderton on 06-17-2010 at 04:58 PM

bump! :)

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by Kafman on 06-17-2010 at 07:40 PM

This exactly problem happened to me, eventually I called to my ISP and they do some configuration to the modem. So it was a ISP issue... try to call them and explain your problem.

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by djdannyp on 06-17-2010 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
And I'm downloading the rosters for online play (which I'm guessing are different from regular rosters cause I have the latest for those).

Correct, they are sepearate squads each time you go online it downloads a fresh copy of the online squads just to be sure that they're up to date.

Are you subscribed to Adidas Live Season?  Are you able to download those updates or not?

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by John Anderton on 06-18-2010 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Are you subscribed to Adidas Live Season?  Are you able to download those updates or not?
No, I don't have Adidas Live Season.

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
This exactly problem happened to me, eventually I called to my ISP and they do some configuration to the modem. So it was a ISP issue... try to call them and explain your problem.
Any idea what it was? Ports/modem config? Could you ask them? Cause basically, the people at my ISP are a bunch of newbs who won't understand anything. Xboxes aren't that common here, let alone people playing Live.

If you could find out what they did (port forwarding on what ports or something), that would be great :)
RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by matty on 06-18-2010 at 05:14 PM

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_ports_do_you_forew...le_Xbox_Live_acess

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by John Anderton on 06-19-2010 at 07:00 AM

quote:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_ports_do_you_foreword_to_enable_Xbox_Live_acess
Forwarded every port I could find on that page and every other (credible source). I even read what the netgear support site said (yes, I have a netgear router).

Any other ideas?
RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by _Humphreys on 06-20-2010 at 12:43 AM

Restart your router/disconnect your modem then assign a static IP to your X-Box and then make your 360 a Demilitarized Zone.

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by John Anderton on 06-20-2010 at 04:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Restart your router/disconnect your modem then assign a static IP to your X-Box
Did that. That's how I set up port forwarding.

quote:
then make your 360 a Demilitarized Zone.
huh? :p
RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by foaly on 06-20-2010 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
Restart your router/disconnect your modem then assign a static IP to your X-Box
Did that. That's how I set up port forwarding.

quote:
then make your 360 a Demilitarized Zone.
huh? :p
it's an option in your netgear probably called DMZ or DMZ host...
it means that every port that isn't forwarded to something else gets forwarded to that IP adres...
RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by John Anderton on 06-20-2010 at 03:08 PM

Didn't work for me ;(
The xbox connection test says I can connect file to live.. which is true, I can.
I just can't connect to game servers :-/

I should have a copy of Halo 3 ODST this week so I'll try to play that online as well. If that fails too, something is screwed.

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by _Humphreys on 06-20-2010 at 03:51 PM

As folaly said; a DMZ opens up all the ports on that IP, if that does not work I cannot help, sorry.

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by John Anderton on 06-21-2010 at 02:04 AM

I have a feeling it's not about my connection to Live. The test says I'm fine there. I can even connect to the EA servers for other updates. It's just the multi player games that kill the connection.

As I said, will try out Halo 3: ODST soon :)

RE: Unable to play Fifa 10 on XBL by John Anderton on 06-23-2010 at 06:32 PM

Confirmed with Halo 3 :(

Is it because some process on my router has port 55? DMZ is fine afaik.
Ideas?