Shoutbox

Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect (/showthread.php?tid=94782)

Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect by Chris4 on 06-15-2010 at 09:07 AM

The official Windows Live blog has posted that users of Kinect (previously Project Natal) for Xbox 360, to be released in November, will be able to have HD video calls over Xbox Live with users of the soon to be released Windows Live Messenger 2011. :)

Hopefully the video experience will be better than that of what we've previously had with WLM. :P

RE: Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect by Oxy on 06-15-2010 at 09:18 AM

I'm not sure I'd use my Xbox for video messaging tbh, unless somehow, they were integrated into future games so i could play at the same time :/

RE: Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect by Discrate on 06-15-2010 at 09:48 AM

Kinect looks like it will bring a bit of life to the xbox 360. I have had an xbox 360 for years but havent used it in atleast 2 years. The games are too expensive plus you have to pay for xbox live.

Kinect will make playing the xbox fun again.

RE: Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect by Chris4 on 06-15-2010 at 09:55 AM

With the "fat" Xbox 360's, the Kinect requires an separate power supply on top of the already room-consuming consoles' power supply (PIC). :sad:

RE: Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect by Chrissy on 06-15-2010 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
Kinect looks like it will bring a bit of life to the xbox 360. I have had an xbox 360 for years but havent used it in atleast 2 years. The games are too expensive plus you have to pay for xbox live.

Kinect will make playing the xbox fun again.
I think It's shit people have to pay to use 'Live'. PS3 on the other hand is free.
You can always use a homebrew and get games for free :)

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
With the "fat" Xbox 360's, the Kinect requires an separate power supply on top of the already room-consuming consoles' power supply (PIC). :sad:
The PS3 has a built in power supply and is not as noisy as the xbox (by far).

PS3 ftw :P
RE: Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect by matty on 06-15-2010 at 05:34 PM

This isn't a war about which console is better. Why do you feel the need to turn everything into a flame war?

RE: Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect by Chrissy on 06-15-2010 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
This isn't a war about which console is better. Why do you feel the need to turn everything into a flame war?
I've hardly made it a war..

..you're far you serious.
RE: Video calls over Xbox Live to WLM users with Kinect by Eddie on 06-19-2010 at 02:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
quote:
Originally posted by matty
I've hardly made it a war..

..you're far you serious.
This thread wasn't even about the PS3, so why bring it up? Wasn't even constructive to be honest.
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
that sucks!