Shoutbox

Red instead of blue? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Red instead of blue? (/showthread.php?tid=94834)

Red instead of blue? by Beeper on 06-20-2010 at 11:39 PM

I just got Msg+ and was eager to try out some new skins. For some reason, the two skins I've downloaded so far are red instead of blue? Nothing is wrong with the colors on my screen, I downloaded and imported them successfully, but still have no idea how or why the colors are different from what's on the skin's screencaps.

I downloaded Crystal Evo 2.0 and SilverGlazz 2009 2.0

You see in the screencaps that the messengers are clearly blue, yes? But in mine, they're red.

RE: Red instead of blue? by Chris4 on 06-20-2010 at 11:55 PM

That's because the colour changes depending on your scene colour.

To change your scene colour, hover your mouse over the top-right of your contacts list and you'll see a paint brush, click it. Choose and colour and viola! :happy:

RE: Red instead of blue? by Nagamasa on 06-21-2010 at 12:20 AM

The part of your Scene that Messenger detects as the colour is most likely a grey of some sort (inc'l black and white).

That means Messenger can't really pick a colour to change to for it to Colorize. It chooses red because in RGB-space, red is the first colour.

The best way to work around this is to manually select a scene colour.

RE: Red instead of blue? by DavidDavy on 06-21-2010 at 03:33 AM

How can I change it to red. I prefer Red than Blue :(. I hate blue. It reminds me sad memories :(

RE: Red instead of blue? by whiz on 06-21-2010 at 08:12 AM

In the contact list, click the paintbrush button (in the top-left corner).  Under the scenes is a section titled "select a colour scheme".  You can choose the colour there.  If the default ones aren't what you want, click on "more colours..." to choose your own colour.