Shoutbox

Webcam help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Webcam help (/showthread.php?tid=94844)

Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-22-2010 at 09:05 PM

Hi
Whem i'm chating I can't do "show web cam", only a Video call and my web doesn't work, can anyone give me a advise or something ? Thanks...

And sry English is not my mother tongue :x

RE: Webcam help by djdannyp on 06-22-2010 at 09:35 PM

The "Show webcam" option has been removed from WLM to prepare for better quality video calling in WLM 2011.

Does your webcam show up correctly for you?  Are you able to see it in the Audio/Video setup wizard?

RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-22-2010 at 09:45 PM

But my friends can do "Show webcam" ....
Yes i think so..

RE: Webcam help by Nagamasa on 06-23-2010 at 12:12 AM

This is a feature that has been removed in newer downloads of the Windows Live Essentials installer.

If you really want the older version to restore this feature, use a file sharing service, at your own risk, to find the other, older WLM 2009 version.

RE: Webcam help by djdannyp on 06-23-2010 at 06:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PauloAl
But my friends can do "Show webcam" ....
Yes i think so..

What happens exactly when you try to do a video call then?
RE: RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
This is a feature that has been removed in newer downloads of the Windows Live Essentials installer.

If you really want the older version to restore this feature, use a file sharing service, at your own risk, to find the other, older WLM 2009 version.

you are saying that in my version "show web cam" doesn't exist any more ?... so what is de version os messenger to do a "show web cam"?

Whem i do a video call show one webcan with a red, but my friends say that can see me...
RE: Webcam help by djdannyp on 06-23-2010 at 12:51 PM

If your friends can see you then it's less relevant as it means it's all working properly.  That can happen sometimes anyway, just try signing out and in, or unplugging and re-plugging in your webcam, I've had that happen to me as well.

RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 01:48 PM

I've tried all

RE: Webcam help by matty on 06-23-2010 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Whem i do a video call show one webcan with a red, but my friends say that can see me...
What exactly are you trying to say here? Is it a red circle with a line through it? Is the screen just red? Are there any driver updates for your webcam from the manufacturer?
RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 02:42 PM

where i see if they are all up ? .. now whem i start MSN The screem of my PC The colors change all...

Show one cross red over the web

RE: Webcam help by matty on 06-23-2010 at 02:44 PM

quote:
where i see if they are all up ? .. now whem i start MSN The screem of my PC The colors change all...

Show one cross red over the web
I am sorry but you aren't making much sense. To me that makes no sense at all...
RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 03:01 PM

damm...
1º I could not make the option of "show web cam;

2º then I tried to connect a webcam with a friend making the call and video and where you see your picture had a web cam with an X over the web cam red . and all this was yesterday ..

3º Today I tried to do a defrag and then when I start MSN screen colors are weird

Understandme now ?

RE: Webcam help by matty on 06-23-2010 at 03:10 PM

The screen colours of Windows Live Messenger are weird or your entire desktop colours are weird or the colours of the webcam are weird.

I still don't quite understand.

RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 03:13 PM

Colour of desktop

RE: Webcam help by matty on 06-23-2010 at 03:15 PM

It sounds like you have either a bad video card or display driver issues. Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like? You can attach the image to this thread.

RE: RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
It sounds like you have either a bad video card or display driver issues. Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like? You can attach the image to this thread.

http://photos1.hi5.com/0131/620/532/2kNk13620532-02.jpg
can you give me some advice?

And the problem I can not get the option to "Show Web Cam?
RE: Webcam help by matty on 06-23-2010 at 03:25 PM

That looks like either a bad video card or display driver issue. Who makes your computer? Have you checked for any driver updates for your video card?

The latest version doesn't support multiple webcam sessions. It only supports video calling. If your friends download the latest version they will no longer have that option either. It was removed in favor of the Video Calling feature.

RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 03:30 PM

No I have not noticed anything of it. I bought it for a year ...

RE: Webcam help by matty on 06-23-2010 at 03:32 PM

quote:
No I have not noticed anything of it. I bought it for a year ...
Who made your computer?
quote:
quote:
The latest version doesn't support multiple webcam sessions. It only supports video calling. If your friends download the latest version they will no longer have that option either. It was removed in favor of the Video Calling feature.

RE: RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Who made your computer?
The Factory? The brand of computer is ACER ..

quote:

But I did download a version of my friends and still do not have to do...
RE: Webcam help by matty on 06-23-2010 at 03:45 PM

What is the model number of your computer?

RE: RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 03:49 PM

quote:
What is the model number of your computer?

is acer aspire 5735

RE: Webcam help by djdannyp on 06-23-2010 at 04:07 PM

quote:
quote:
Who made your computer?
The Factory? The brand of computer is ACER ..

quote:

But I did download a version of my friends and still do not have to do...

This is an old version and should not be used
RE: RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

Why? all of my friends have it
RE: Webcam help by matty on 06-23-2010 at 04:37 PM

We have no control of Microsoft and what they put into their software. There is nothing we or you can do about it.

Also note that there is no updated driver for your computer. I suggest you talk to Acer as it may be a faulty video card.

RE: Webcam help by djdannyp on 06-23-2010 at 04:47 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

Why? all of my friends have it

They will also have to upgrade too and should do so in order to be using the most secure version of Messenger.
RE: Webcam help by PauloAl on 06-23-2010 at 04:48 PM

Ah ok.. thanks :)