Shoutbox

WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App (/showthread.php?tid=94860)

WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by djdannyp on 06-25-2010 at 07:30 AM

I haven't seen anything about it here and it had passed me by until I checked out the WLM Facebook Page, but there's now an official Microsoft WLM App for iPhones and iPod Touches, it allows MPoP (which is a massive bonus!) and obviously has the same interface, etc

Just wondered other people's reactions to it and if people knew about it, etc

RE: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by Menthix on 06-25-2010 at 09:08 AM

I knew. It was on Liveside and. Neowin and all. But it is for iPhone, so why bother posting about it :p.

RE: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by djdannyp on 06-25-2010 at 09:20 AM

Cos a lot of people have them and I didn't know if people would know about it, hadn't seen it mentioned here at all :P

I have an iPod Touch and it's pretty useful.....I only have a Mac laptop and there's no MPoP client for that and I don't like being signed out of my main computer (as that's where my chat-logs all get stored), so having a portable WLM client that offers MPoP is pretty useful for me when I'm downstairs, or away at a friends or whatever

RE: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by matty on 06-25-2010 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
I have an iPod Touch and it's pretty useful.....I only have a Mac laptop and there's no MPoP client for that and I don't like being signed out of my main computer (as that's where my chat-logs all get stored), so having a portable WLM client that offers MPoP is pretty useful for me when I'm downstairs, or away at a friends or whatever
I find it amusing that people need to be connected everywhere they go. My phone checks my email ever 2 hours but that is slightly different. I don't use WLM on my phone either.
RE: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by blessedguy on 06-25-2010 at 06:19 PM

Unfortunately, it doesn't allow MPOP :( Or for some obscure reason Messenger and the app won't allow me to be connected at both.

It's a good app overall, pretty better than eBuddy or Nimbuzz [although both allow other services to be added, but none handle Live well.]

RE: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by djdannyp on 06-25-2010 at 06:41 PM

It definitely does allow MPoP, I tried it myself, it was the only thing I tested it for :P.....it left my WLM signed in on my computer and sent the Messages to both places, just as it should

RE: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by blessedguy on 06-25-2010 at 06:45 PM

quote:
It definitely does allow MPoP
Weird, it does if you're signed in with WLM2011, but not with 2009.

Update, so that I won't start the thousand-reply cycle: It didn't with me, don't know if it was a problem or not, but worked right away when in the beta, which led me to suppose it required this new version to work. Now it seems I was just out of luck, as usual :P

[It still doesn't support multitask, not even fast app switch, which sucks :(]
RE: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by djdannyp on 06-25-2010 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
It definitely does allow MPoP
Weird, it does if you're signed in with WLM2011, but not with 2009.

Nope, I definitely tested it with 2009, I haven't upgraded to WLM 2011 yet
RE: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by Aardvark on 06-29-2010 at 04:15 PM

It supports MPoP, but imperfectly so. Messages you send from your iPod do not appear in your conversation on your computer. However, messages sent from your computer do appear on the iPod. A bit iffy, but that's how it is.

RE: WLM iPhone/iPod Touch App by Chris4 on 06-29-2010 at 04:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark
Messages you send from your iPod do not appear in your conversation on your computer.
Works fine for others:
quote:
it left my WLM signed in on my computer and sent the Messages to both places, just as it should