Shoutbox

[!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live (/showthread.php?tid=94866)

[!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Nagamasa on 06-25-2010 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
[Messenger Plus! Live 4.9 is] out now:
quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5
Messenger Plus! Live 4.9 can be downloaded at http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

The change log for this version is at: http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/

In MP!L 4.9, compatibility with Messenger 2011 Beta 1 has been removed and replaced by compatibility with the Final version (still un-supported and requires disabling safe mode).

However, a full update for WLM 2011, Messenger Plus! Live 5, will probably be available to Beta Testers in November 2010. Depending on the amount/severity of bugs, the public release will be some time from December 2010 all the way to 2011.
(Source: Wikikou)

Windows Live Messenger 2009 (Wave 3) is still available at http://explore.live.com/windows-live-Messenger-XP

This thread will be updated when there is additional information available.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 06-25-2010 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix in an email to Patchou today (June 25)
Any chance on a patch of the current Plus! version to make it (partly) compatible with the public beta? Or will we be waiting until MP!L 5?
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou's reply
For now, the official word is: we wait until Plus!5 :). I don't want to cause any problems to Microsoft by releasing a version that will hurt their beta version (at least for now).

So don't get your hopes up for a working Plus! on Messenger 2011 beta anytime soon for now. Like Nagamasa said, if you really want Plus! just keep on using Wave 3 (2009) for now.

Messenger 2010 is a beta and does contain bugs, adding Plus! to that will cause even more unexpected bugs, making it hard for Microsoft to figure out what is going on from the data the beta build is sending back to their servers.

But by the time Messenger 2010 comes out of beta (expected mid/end august) I'm sure we can either expect the first Plus! 5 builds, or if that isn't ready yet at that time, patched Plus! 4 which will work.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Chrissy on 06-27-2010 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Messenger 2011 beta
quote:
Messenger 2010 beta
Can someone explain the whole version thing?
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 06-27-2010 at 07:08 PM

It is expected to be labeled 2011 by the time it comes out of beta. Some of the other apps in the Essentials bundle are already labeled 2011 (like Family Safety and Sync). But Messenger still says 2010 in the about dialog for now. It really refers to the same thing though :p.

RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Patchou on 06-29-2010 at 08:42 PM

On the subject of Messenger beta, you may be interested to read the following post: http://www.patchou.com/2010/06/welcome-to-the-world-of-beta/

RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 06-29-2010 at 09:34 PM

I smell some frustrations :p.

Installer crashed three times on two systems here, nothing that dramatic though, succeeded after a retry.

RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Patchou on 06-29-2010 at 10:11 PM

haha, well, I have to say that the setup worked admirably the two times I tried it on my computer. It's the end result that did not meet my expectations ;).

RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by albert on 06-30-2010 at 12:09 AM

quote:
I smell some frustrations .
Indeed. :P

Had not a single problem here. :P
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Kafman on 06-30-2010 at 12:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
Had not a single problem here. :P
x2

The beta worked perfect here, and even after tried it  couple of days, I uninstall it and didn't have any kind of problem installing wlm 2009.

About your post Patchou, you're beeing a little subjective there, you have released beta software too, and for some people Messenger crashed after the installation, and for other people it worked fine... that's why it's called BETA... :P

I know it can't be compared to a corrupted profile, but you can't advice people to stay far from the messenger betas, because (if I recall correctly) this is the first beta that for some people (and I bet, that is a minority) have this kind of error.

Messenger public betas has been always stable for me, and my pc has developer tools, games, and a lot of other software... just give feedback to the Windows Live Team about your problem so less people will have that error :P
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Hank on 06-30-2010 at 02:51 AM

i never had issue with Messenger . what i dont like is with i think Windoiws Live Mail i think its that you have to again sign into it before you can even use it. which is stupid IMO

only 2 Bugs i have found with 2010 so far

RE: RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Patchou on 06-30-2010 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman

About your post Patchou, you're beeing a little subjective there, you have released beta software too, and for some people Messenger crashed after the installation, and for other people it worked fine... that's why it's called BETA... :P
Well, the thing is, I don't recall releasing a beta of Messenger Plus! that corrupted your user profile in Windows, made all your OS settings suddenly disappear, and forced you to use System Restore to use your computer again. Messenger is not a system tool, it's a chat program. That's why I recommend people to stay away from this beta. It's also working very fine on some of our computers in the office but if I could make it crash my own system twice, I think the issue is bad enough to justify some warning.
RE: RE: RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by TReKiE on 06-30-2010 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, the thing is, I don't recall releasing a beta of Messenger Plus! that corrupted your user profile in Windows, made all your OS settings suddenly disappear, and forced you to use System Restore to use your computer again. Messenger is not a system tool, it's a chat program.
The "installer" (just for Messenger on its own) uses 18 different installers in the background, including a system patch, DX 3D 10, Silverlight, et al :P

It is a ridiculously complex installer which tries to install these  installers in parallel and if one fails, it'll just conveniently tell you randomly that one of them failed (not necessarily the one that did).  Even with the setup log, you still have to track down what's failing.  Even worse, it seems some fail silently.

There are issues where it ignores proxy on/off settings, issues with OEM installs of Live Essentials and goodness knows what else.  I've had way too many people so far with these problems, lost at last one night's sleep over them and even just gave up in one circumstance because it was just not worth my time.

I know it's a beta, but really it's more of a preview release as we all know there won't be any design changes.  The Wave 3 installer was bad enough; you're supposed to improve your software, not make it worse. 

As for Messenger 2011 itself, I'm not even going there in this post but I will say I'm not using it on my primary machine :P
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Kafman on 06-30-2010 at 05:43 PM

Just as I said, I know it cannot be compared to a corrupted profile, but the probability of a system error using this beta (on normal circunstances) is minor that having the normal crashes and bugs.

On another note, when I was using the beta of MS Office 2010 it corrupted all of my applications icons, using the beta of Windows 7 in one opportunity didn't boot, one of the Microsoft Security Essentials early betas was doing some buffer overun on my system and eventualy did a BSOD. How can I expect that an office suit or an antivirus make such damage? Well,  I know this was a 'normal behaviour for such beta' and report it to the developer team.

The point is, public or private, a beta is a beta, it's well know that this kind of error could happen (even if it is so severe), but is better have those errors in this beta that in the final release. Using a beta it's a well know risk, what it bothers me is how partial is your post, is like reading a Cookie's post ranting about Discrate :P. Fair enough, you can warn about that this wlm beta can make damage under unknow circunstances, but saying "stay away from Messenger beta versions" beeing that this is the first beta that I recall that had done a serious damage to a system is not enough (for me) to stay away from all Messenger beta versions.

I hope you understand my opinion. :P

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by djdannyp on 06-30-2010 at 07:05 PM

Wow, that's a pretty drastic bug to experience!  I must admit I wasn't a fan of the auto-installer so I'm glad they changed it.  I'm just really waiting for a compatible Plus! before I install it.....don't wanna break over 8 years of Plus! chat logs ;)

I gave it a quick try in VM with a test account on release day and thought it was fairly similar to WLM 2009 (despite the usual alarmist responses of people saying it's "all changed").  I haven't tried the social integration yet but look forward to seeing what it can do as I'm an avid user of Facebook and am definitely looking forward to Facebook chat integration (Y)

RE: RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by TReKiE on 06-30-2010 at 09:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
Just as I said, I know it cannot be compared to a corrupted profile, but the probability of a system error using this beta (on normal circunstances) is minor that having the normal crashes and bugs.  Fair enough, you can warn about that this wlm beta can make damage under unknow circunstances, but saying "stay away from Messenger beta versions" beeing that this is the first beta that I recall that had done a serious damage to a system is not enough (for me) to stay away from all Messenger beta verions.
Although I'm not particularly thrilled with the installer or Messenger, I am personally not stopping or warning anyone from trying it out and don't really see much risk in giving it a try (although if you have System Restore disabled, you are a silly person).

With the minor exception of one person, everyone I know has given it a shot, then uninstalled and rolled back to 2009.  And they are not doing so because of system problems (heh), lack of Plus or bugs in the product, but because it's missing functionality and is just frankly just annoying with no benefit.  Even people I thought would be all over the social functionality it didn't seem to appeal to, which doesn't bode well for the direction Microsoft is trying to take Messenger.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by FaresNB on 07-05-2010 at 08:56 AM

So when is the expected date to release a compatible version of Messenger Plus for Windows Live Messenger 2011 (Wave 4) ?

RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by Hank on 07-05-2010 at 09:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FaresNB
So when is the expected date to release a compatible version of Messenger Plus for Windows Live Messenger 2011 (Wave 4) ?
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=94945

you were just told
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by billabongdesigns on 08-31-2010 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Messenger Plus! Live 4.8 (current release) is not compatible with the any of the betas of Windows Live Messenger 2011 (Wave 4), released June 24, 2010 and August 18, 2010.

However, as of Messenger Plus! Live 4.85.386, released July 19:
quote:
Originally posted by changelog

When the new Messenger beta is detected, Messenger Plus! adds its usual "Software not loaded" menu in the contact list. From this menu, the compatibility window can be displayed to display some information and, more importantly, to let more advanced users disable "safe mode".

When safe mode is disabled with the beta, Messenger Plus! activates some of its functionalities. Using Messenger Plus! in this mode may cause all sorts of errors to occur, no support will be given for beta versions of Messenger.

If you experience issues after disabling safe mode, use the Maintenance wizard (available from the uninstaller) to revert Messenger Plus! to its normal state.

The Repair Wizard of the uninstaller now resets the "safe mode" setting of Messenger Plus! even if user preferences are not erased.
If you disable safe mode, do so at your own risk.

If you wish to use Messenger Plus! Live, please use Windows Live Messenger 2009 (Wave 3), available at http://explore.live.com/.

This thread will be updated when there is additional information available, i.e., see next post below.

Your instructions is not very clear.
in what program do you change the safe mode.

quote:
Originally posted by FaresNB

I agree Messenger Plus needs to catch up and release  their update to work with  Messenger.

I loved  PLus and miss it since I have my own  ID to sign in each day besides  my clubs that I administer for Junior bowlers. so I nned to stay signed in with 3 different profiles.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by djdannyp on 08-31-2010 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billabongdesigns
Your instructions is not very clear.
in what program do you change the safe mode.

Messenger Plus! Live.  But this should only be done by advanced users and even then, most functionality won't work.

quote:
Originally posted by billabongdesigns

I agree Messenger Plus needs to catch up and release  their update to work with  Messenger.

I loved  PLus and miss it since I have my own  ID to sign in each day besides  my clubs that I administer for Junior bowlers. so I nned to stay signed in with 3 different profiles.

Windows Live Messenger 2011 is not final yet and so releasing third party software to be compatible with it would be a mistake as it will hinder testing of the Beta and provide a false impression of how Messenger Plus! Live itself is working.

Also, please refrain from making multiple consecutive posts, it is known as double or triple posting and is against the forum rules.  Instead, use the "Edit" button to add more information to your original post
RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by soik on 09-06-2010 at 03:00 PM

Is there a way to uninstall beta, reinstall WLM 2010 and keep Plus working like before installing beta 2011 version?

Please tell me how to do that properly.

RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by djdannyp on 09-06-2010 at 03:07 PM

Yes, uninstall WLM Beta via the Programs & Features option in Control Panel, then download the latest stable version of Windows Live Messenger from here/[url] and then Messenger Plus! Live from [url=http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/]here

RE: [!] WLM 2011 BETA and Messenger Plus! Live by tim93 on 09-30-2010 at 05:25 PM

Well its out of beta now :p
Release to Web: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials?os=other
SOURCE: http://microsoft-journal.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...entry?sa=763394576

Now get Plus 5 running as fast as possible :p

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by computerboom on 10-01-2010 at 12:40 PM

The final version of WLM 2011 was just released yesterday...

Ok... you gave us no beta for the beta....

can we have something now? Hmmm?

thanks!

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by BooMario on 10-01-2010 at 07:16 PM

any date to relase plus for messenger 15?
you can add the old nickname options?

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by riahc4 on 10-01-2010 at 11:26 PM

Did Yuna or Patchou have any information on this sudden change of events of WLM 2011 being released now?

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Chrissy on 10-02-2010 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Did Yuna or Patchou have any information on this sudden change of events of WLM 2011 being released now?
Nope..

According to cookie it's 'better that way' 8-)
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Oxy on 10-02-2010 at 12:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
quote:
Nope..

i agree
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 10-02-2010 at 01:05 PM

quote:
Not yet, but keep in mind it hasn't even been 2 days. Like you say a sudden change of events, a lot of people didn't expect this release to be final (but rather another beta, and a final release more than a month away). Yuna probably didn't expect this either.

I don't think MP!L5 will be ready in a few days or weeks as it is a major release with new big features and design changes. Just as version 1 -> 2, 2 -> 3, and 3 -> 4 were all major changes, more than just supporting the new Messenger version.

What is probably more likely is a MP!L4 version in the next few weeks (days?) which will (partly?) support WLM 2011, while MP!L5 is finished without rushing it and gets the time to be tested properly.

But that is just what I think. I expect a message from Yuna somewhere after the weekend.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 10-02-2010 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
quote:
Nope..

please don't put words in my mouth... I never said that as far as I know.

-------

But as Menthix said, don't expect MP!L5 all of a sudden. That wont happen for quite some time. It isn't even being beta tested yet, and as for every major release that takes a while too. And that's not even taking in account Patchou's parental duties which will happen soon enough.
Logic and history dictates that, again as Menthix has suggested, there would probably be an updated MP!L4 version coming first, if anything.

Also, if there was any news at all, somebody from Yuna (Nathalie, Patchou, whoever) would surely post it though. It is not much use asking if there is any news in every consecutive post! If they don't post, then there is no news, simple as that ;)
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by riahc4 on 10-03-2010 at 06:52 AM

Nonetheless, it feels so strange that this was just released as final: Almost "rushed".

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 10-03-2010 at 11:16 AM

quote:
Nonetheless, it feels so strange that this was just released as final: Almost "rushed".
Well it has been in beta for some time now though and hundreds of bugs have been fixed.
But yes, I have that strange feeling too for some reason. If it is a correct feeling or not, I dunno (although there are some things I'd like to have seen fixed, but that is per usual), time will tell I guess...

I only hope now that they don't rush Plus! now that WLM is out of beta. In the meantime, I simply use the previous version of WLM together with Plus!.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Sunshine on 10-04-2010 at 02:45 PM

A compatible Plus! version is in the works, this will be build 4.9, so not 5 yet! Plus! 5 will not be rushed for sure ;)

RE: RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by caesar91 on 10-04-2010 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
A compatible Plus! version is in the works, this will be build 4.9, so not 5 yet! Plus! 5 will not be rushed for sure ;)

AWESOME ..!
Can u just tell us the date of release ?!
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Sunshine on 10-04-2010 at 03:08 PM

Sorry, but I can not give a date of release. All I can say is that it is being worked on...it will be there when it is ready ;)

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Frackounet on 10-04-2010 at 09:33 PM

Plus! isn't the problem, everybody will be already back on wlm 2009 :)
because wlm 2011 will suxx with or without Plus! :)

People will use wlm 2011 only if Plus! can restore the personalized nickname and  the multiwebcam function :)

And when Microsoft will really have fixed all the bugs and not announced a final version when it's a beta 3:)

You have a lot of time to release Plus! So you can take your time:D

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by olivex on 10-05-2010 at 02:58 AM

What are the bugs in current final release of WLM 2011, to name a few?

RE: RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by msilv1988 on 10-06-2010 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

OK...and when this build will be released?

for the end of this month?
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by blessedguy on 10-06-2010 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msilv1988
OK...and when this build will be released?
When it's ready.
RE: RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Dragunov on 10-06-2010 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by olivex
What are the bugs in current final release of WLM 2011, to name a few?

- I use Dutch version and when the chatwindow, of the particul person who says something, is not open, u see a little notice bar

And there I see (gonna call the person x) -> x says and what his says is sticked to the says, so e.g.: x sayshi
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by a_punker on 10-07-2010 at 08:47 AM

ahhhhhhhhh! i installed another windows live program and its updated WLM to 2011...

WHERE can i find my previous version to download that works with Plus! ?

*bangs head on desk*

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Hank on 10-07-2010 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by a_punker
ahhhhhhhhh! i installed another windows live program and its updated WLM to 2011...

WHERE can i find my previous version to download that works with Plus! ?

*bangs head on desk*
you should of read this forum before downloading 2011.  as Sunshine has stated there should be a 4.9 version that works with 2011. posted soon.  im to lazy to type anymore but going bzck to 2009 may require you to use Zapmessenger however i dunno if it will work with 2011 http://www.jonathankay.com/

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 10-07-2010 at 09:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
going bzck to 2009 may require you to use Zapmessenger however i dunno if it will work with 2011
No, in 99% you can just uninstall Live Essentials without any problem (Contol Panel -> Add/Remove Software). After that you can download 2009 and install it.

ZapMessenger should be the very last resort when uninstalling the normal way doesn't work (because of corrupted/missing files for example).
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Hank on 10-07-2010 at 09:44 AM

quote:
No, in 99% you can just uninstall Live Essentials without any problem (Contol Panel -> Add/Remove Software). After that you can download 2009 and install it.

ZapMessenger should be the very last resort when uninstalling the normal way doesn't work (because of corrupted/missing files for example).
i thought when someone installed a new version ( that being 2011 and wanting to go back to 2009 ) it would require removing all traces of 2011 by using Zapmessenger.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 10-07-2010 at 09:51 AM

Nah, just uninstalling (and probably a reboot) will do.

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by a_punker on 10-07-2010 at 10:41 AM

*phew* uninstalled fine. reinstalled. I'm back to normal.

FYI: Going back to your working 2009 messenger with Plus!
> Uninstall ALL of windows live essentials, not just messenger.
> Find the offline installer for release 14.0 (last official Plus! supported ver) of Windows Live from here:
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/01/all-wind...-applications.html

Plus! should automatically run again and your settings should stay the same.

Thanks for your support guys

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by nero666 on 10-07-2010 at 06:04 PM

hey guys the new Messenger Plus version will probably begin to come out at the weekend (10.10.) +, - 2 days
source: http://mynetx.net/#!/4536/available-soon-messenger-plus-4-9

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 10-07-2010 at 06:15 PM

1 to 2 weeks from now is probably a bit more realistic: http://www.wikikou.fr/messenger-plus-live-4.9-win...ctualite-1710.html

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by nero666 on 10-07-2010 at 06:22 PM

okay i hope next weekend  :D but in 1 to 2 weeks its okay^^

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Yugo on 10-07-2010 at 09:49 PM

The functionality I care most is the archive of conversations. Will be it part of the "basic support" for WLM 2011?

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Nagamasa on 10-07-2010 at 11:15 PM

quote:
1 to 2 weeks from now is probably a bit more realistic: http://www.wikikou.fr/messenger-plus-live-4.9-win...ctualite-1710.html
Wow I actually read and understood all of that French. Will update the top post.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 10-08-2010 at 07:35 AM

Can you correct your information please:

quote:
However, a full update, Messenger Plus! Live 5, will probably be available to Beta Testers somewhere in November 2010. Depending on the amount/severity of bugs, ...the public release will be some time from NovemberDecember 2010 all the way to 2011.
because:
1) It is not 100% certain that beta testers will start to test in November (depends on how the development goes). And it is also _somewhere_ in November, thus not necessarily at the beginning of November.
2) The public release is scheduled for the beginning of December (depending on bugs etc...)

---

PS: The official link to WLM 14.0.8117.0427 (or latest build) is:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-Messenger-XP
or direct from MS' Download Center:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...-88C8-278267802F57

In both case you can choose your language, in the link you posted you can not.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by benzo93 on 10-09-2010 at 12:55 PM

When I noticed there was a beta version of WLM 2011 I downloaded it. Like 2 weeks later the full version was out. Now I'm using that and feel quite happy with it though Microsoft have taken away some good features for example the display name is now your name that you use for your emails, there's no numbers next to the groups of how many peole are online and offline, you can change the colour of your messenger anymore you only can change the design. It seems to be working fine but Microsoft have stuffed up by removing these features. I'm ok without them, but I'll perfer it if they still had them. There are some great new features through like now messenger plus! Doesn't have to supply us with tabs now because they're already included in this version, plus you can comment on facebook statuses and even chat on facebook chat. Microsoft have done well in these areas but I wish they kept the old features too! I had messenger plus installed before but then it didn't work when I installed the beta version on WLM.

I'm sticking with the latest version ATM and hoping if you could bring back these features that Microsoft took away. Is there any chance you could list some features that you're working on for your next version? Thanks Ben

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 10-09-2010 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benzo93
I'm sticking with the latest version ATM and hoping if you could bring back these features that Microsoft took away.
Some features can not be brought back by Messenger Plus! (or any other 3rd-party addon for that matter) because those features all depend on server side programming (on Microsoft's side) as they also influence other programs in the Windows Live Essentials Suite. These features are (but not nessecairly limited to) Display Names, one-way Webcam, etc... Stuff like that can only be brought back by Microsoft themselfs.

But things like the Webcam feature are gone for good as they have completely been replaced by something else (in this case with Video Call).

quote:
Is there any chance you could list some features that you're working on for your next version?
There is no complete public list known yet with upcomming features, not even to the beta testers. Yuna will also not publicize such a list to beta testers before private beta testing will begin. And that is scheduled for somewhere in November as you can read in the top post of this thread.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by benzo93 on 10-09-2010 at 09:46 PM

Ok thanks. Hopefully Microsoft bring them back because everyone is complaining about it. I don't really care what they did to the webcam feature because I hardly use it, though I do use it sometimes. Did they change it so then you can't mute the microphone? Because that would be annoying. Skype even allows you to mute it so why should Microsoft make it unavailable.  I'll wait until the new messenger plus! comes out and see what it can do. It's ok with the display name I guess because you can always change your real name that isn't your name lol. Though I still would like numbers telling me how many people are online and offline. It's annoying going through all my groups and seeing how many people are online. That has nothing to do with their server, does it?

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 10-09-2010 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Though I still would like numbers telling me how many people are online and offline. It's annoying going through all my groups and seeing how many people are online. That has nothing to do with their server, does it?
AFAIK, no it doesn't. So something like this looks like it can be done by an addon like Messenger Plus!.

Though that depends on how much 'access' it has on the internal APIs of Messenger and how buggy they still are. Because something like that requires that the addon has access to the internal group/categories objects (to know which contact belongs to which group and thus to be able to increase/decrease the proper counter). Last time something was said about groups/categories the conclussion was that the internal API of Messenger in regards to groups/categories was very buggy and thus Messenger Plus! couldn't take advantage of it...
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by damnidunno on 10-11-2010 at 02:15 AM

i only ever used msg plus for the better chat log. always disabled the tabs feature, and continue to disable it in wlm 2011.

missin the chat log. much better than the build in archiver

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Hous3Fr3ak on 10-11-2010 at 12:06 PM

When u release the new Plus! 4.9?

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Chrissy on 10-11-2010 at 12:24 PM

We have no dates or estimates at this time ;)

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Hous3Fr3ak on 10-11-2010 at 03:21 PM

I need the new Plus! 4.9 :D

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Chrissy on 10-11-2010 at 03:27 PM

We all do ;)

We just need to wait until it's out (I)

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 10-11-2010 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hous3Fr3ak
When u release the new Plus! 4.9?
Please see the first post in this thread for all the available information.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by benzo93 on 10-12-2010 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
AFAIK, no it doesn't. So something like this looks like it can be done by an addon like Messenger Plus!.
Awesome! :)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Last time something was said about groups/categories the conclussion was that the internal API of Messenger in regards to groups/categories was very buggy and thus Messenger Plus! couldn't take advantage of it...
That sucks, hopefully this new msn isn't so buggy... or at least Microsoft brings back the counter and the other features!

quote:
Originally posted by Hous3Fr3ak
I need the new Plus! 4.9
Same! Can't wait for it lol.

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by The-Phantom on 10-13-2010 at 06:00 PM

MP!L 4.9 will have "limited functionality"? What exactly? What I need is the ability to run scripts, will it be present?

Sorry if there can't possibly be anyone who could tell me this, I just want to be sure.

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Nagamasa on 10-13-2010 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The-Phantom
MP!L 4.9 will have "limited functionality"? What exactly? What I need is the ability to run scripts, will it be present?

Sorry if there can't possibly be anyone who could tell me this, I just want to be sure.
quote:
Originally posted by Wikikou
Il sera donc possible d'utiliser certaines fonctionnalités (mode anti-patron, accès aux options et au menu Plus!...) alors que d'autres ne seront pas fonctionnelles (archive des conversations, polygamie, skins...).
It will do Boss Protection, access to Options and the Plus! menu.

Some that it won't do are: conversation history, polygamy, and skins.

Things may have changed since the time of that posting. That is all the info I have.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 10-14-2010 at 05:24 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The-Phantom

quote:
Originally posted by Wikikou
Il sera donc possible d'utiliser certaines fonctionnalités (mode anti-patron, accès aux options et au menu Plus!...) alors que d'autres ne seront pas fonctionnelles (archive des conversations, polygamie, skins...).
It will do Boss Protection, access to Options and the Plus! menu.

Some that it won't do are: conversation history, polygamy, and skins.

Things may have changed since the time of that posting. That is all the info I have.

It is not yet known what limited functionality it will have!
That info on Wikikou is guesswork/not accurate.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by gregdecarlo on 10-15-2010 at 07:29 AM

I PERSONALLY[u] HATE THE NEW MESSENGER [/u]AND ALSO THAT THEY CHANGED WINDOWS LIVE TOOLBAR TO BING. I WISH MY LAPTOP DID NOT MESS UP SO I COULD STILL HAVE MY OLD STUFF. THEY HAVE CHANGED IT EACH YEAR FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS, TRYING TO BLOCK OTHER PROGRAMS SO THAT WE'LL BE STUCK JUST USING THERE JERK!:@ (N)
OH YEAH, IT WON'T LET ME INSTALL THE OLDER ESSENTIALS AND THEY ALSO BLOCKED THE 'NUDGING TOOL', BUT I REALLY CAME BACK TO SAY,
  THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CREATED MLP, THE SKINS, SCRIPTS AND FOR COMING UP WITH A NEW VERSION!!:D

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Hank on 10-15-2010 at 07:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gregdecarlo
I PERSONALLY[u] HATE THE NEW MESSENGER [/u]AND ALSO THAT THEY CHANGED WINDOWS LIVE TOOLBAR TO BING. I WISH MY LAPTOP DID NOT MESS UP SO I COULD STILL HAVE MY OLD STUFF. THEY HAVE CHANGED IT EACH YEAR FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS, TRYING TO BLOCK OTHER PROGRAMS SO THAT WE'LL BE STUCK JUST USING THERE JERK!:@ (N)
Greg, please dont FUCKING YELL WE CANT HEAR. if you dont like it, uninstall 2011 . reboot an install 2009

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by benzo93 on 10-15-2010 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gregdecarlo
OH YEAH, IT WON'T LET ME INSTALL THE OLDER ESSENTIALS AND THEY ALSO BLOCKED THE 'NUDGING TOOL', BUT I REALLY CAME BACK TO SAY,
  THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CREATED MLP, THE SKINS, SCRIPTS AND FOR COMING UP WITH A NEW VERSION!!:D

I sort of don't like it ethier because they took away the good features I like. For example the display names, group numbers, skin colours, ect. Why could'nt they just add new features and not take away the old features? In someway it's made messenger less easier for people to use! I like the facebook add-on but it now needs to tell you when you get a comment and stuff unless Messenger Plus! gas a script for that.

I can't wait for this new Messenger Plus! I used the program for ages and I think it's great! Skype has recently released a new version for windows to, but their facebook integration can only connect to the news feed. It can't work for facebook chat which leaves WLM as the main one ATM. I don't want to get rid of WLM 2011, since it allows facebook chat. So this messenger plus could be the fix to my problems about WLM. Don't rush it guys because we all know what happened to vista when it was rushed. Take your time but not too long...

Thanks for making a version for WLM 2011! =D
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by allegra_ on 10-18-2010 at 12:51 AM

I don't like it either. I hate the fact theres no colour on my msn! Also all the 2009 msn versions are getting made to upload so.. yeah.

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by BradRYYZ on 10-18-2010 at 04:52 AM

When is the new version of Messenger Plus coming out for WLM 2011? I tried to install it and it won't load Messenger Plus... So what's the deal?

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Nagamasa on 10-18-2010 at 05:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BradRYYZ
When is the new version of Messenger Plus coming out for WLM 2011? I tried to install it and it won't load Messenger Plus... So what's the deal?
Please read the original post.
RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Menthix on 10-19-2010 at 06:12 PM

It's out now:

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5
Messenger Plus! Live 4.9 can be downloaded at http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

The change log for this version is at: http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/changelog/

RE: [!] WLM 2011 and Messenger Plus! Live by Nagamasa on 10-19-2010 at 07:49 PM

Updated. (lol still at school (A))