Shoutbox

Gmail's Advanced IMAP Controls - Unable to remove limit on IMAP folders. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Gmail's Advanced IMAP Controls - Unable to remove limit on IMAP folders. (/showthread.php?tid=94887)

Gmail's Advanced IMAP Controls - Unable to remove limit on IMAP folders. by prashker on 06-29-2010 at 01:01 PM

https://groups.google.com/group/gmail-labs-help-a...d/4e9fd26245fd6f71

The GMAIL Labs lab "Advanced IMAP Controls" has the option to limit the number of messages an IMAP folder can have.

The problem is, when removing the limit, it doesn't work.

[Image: gah_10247.png]

Even when the lab is completely disabled, the limit is still imposed.

Any ideas from experienced gmail users?

RE: Gmail's Advanced IMAP Controls - Unable to remove limit on IMAP folders. by mezzanine on 06-29-2010 at 03:15 PM

It's a known limitation of the mechanisms employed by Gmail in order to mimic access via the IMAP protocol. It may, however, be fixed in the future. You can try recreating or renaming your labels/folders.

RE: Gmail's Advanced IMAP Controls - Unable to remove limit on IMAP folders. by Chancer on 06-29-2010 at 06:43 PM

Can you limit to a number much larger than 1000 as a temporary solution?

RE: Gmail's Advanced IMAP Controls - Unable to remove limit on IMAP folders. by albert on 06-30-2010 at 02:34 AM

A little off the point, but do you really need more than 1000 e-mails per folder...?!

Also, it's in labs. Send feedback to Google to notify it.
if anyone would be able to help you it'd be them.

RE: Gmail's Advanced IMAP Controls - Unable to remove limit on IMAP folders. by prashker on 06-30-2010 at 07:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mezzanine
It's a known limitation of the mechanisms employed by Gmail in order to mimic access via the IMAP protocol. It may, however, be fixed in the future. You can try recreating or renaming your labels/folders.
Renaming did work, I will look into renaming, recreating, and then retransfering the emails. ffff google :zippy:. Is there any information anywhere that they confirm it's an issue? I can barely find anything on the internet. I don't see why the lab is still available when a major feature doesn't exactly work.

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
Can you limit to a number much larger than 1000 as a temporary solution?
Didn't think of that, however I guess I will try that in the morning.

quote:
Originally posted by albert
A little off the point, but do you really need more than 1000 e-mails per folder...?!
It's not for me, but these folders are categorized the way they should be, ending up with multiple folders/labels with over 2000 messages in them.

quote:
Originally posted by albert
Also, it's in labs. Send feedback to Google to notify it.
if anyone would be able to help you it'd be them.
Yes, the link in my first post is my result of "Sending feedback"
RE: Gmail's Advanced IMAP Controls - Unable to remove limit on IMAP folders. by albert on 06-30-2010 at 01:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
It's not for me, but these folders are categorized the way they should be, ending up with multiple folders/labels with over 2000 messages in them.

Oh. I didn't think sublabels were included in the count.

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Yes, the link in my first post is my result of "Sending feedback"

Sorry, missed the link.