Shoutbox

[released] Formatting hotkeys - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [released] Formatting hotkeys (/showthread.php?tid=94911)

[released] Formatting hotkeys by SmokingCookie on 07-01-2010 at 12:52 PM

Formatting hotkeys
Version 1.20.002

With this script, you'll get hotkeys that insert BBCode tags in your chats.

Features
  • Auto-detection of tags inserted before the script started (i.e. when installing the script with chat windows open)
  • Insertion of both opening and closing tags
  • And of course, the hotkeys :P
  • Parsing of tags as you type.
  • Selecting text and pressing a hotkey will not replace the selected text, but wrap the corresponding tags around it.

Known issues:
  • Pressing control + i makes WLM insert a tab character right after the  BBCode tag.

Download
From the webpage
RE: [released] Formatting hotkeys by whiz on 07-01-2010 at 02:24 PM

Umm...  aren't there shortcuts already?

Edit: seems Ctrl+B and Ctrl+U are provided by WLM, but Ctrl+I just inserts a tab.

RE: [released] Formatting hotkeys by SmokingCookie on 07-01-2010 at 02:29 PM

The WLM MPL hotkeys do not work out here without the script running; that's why I did it in the first place :P

'bout the tab thingy: it's a known issue.

Btw, might add some option for custom hotkeys in the (near) future and I've got more in mind (which is only my business atm :P )

RE: [released] Formatting hotkeys by Eljay on 07-01-2010 at 02:38 PM

Isn't this exactly what this does?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=997055]

:P

RE: [released] Formatting hotkeys by SmokingCookie on 07-01-2010 at 02:42 PM

What it currently does in the to-be-released-in-5-minutes new version is that + a little extra (which I couldn't fix in the previous version because I couldn't wait to release it :P ). As I said, I'll be implementing custom hotkeys as well, and perhaps extend it to other (non-Messenger) windows (i.e. add <b></b> tags to an HTML document loaded in Notepad).

On a side note: it's a lot easier for me to install a script and never think about it anymore, that searching half an hour for an option that's hidden away in a place I wouldn't search. But that's just me ;)

I'll be updating the first post in a minute; meanwhile, be sure to check the new version: 1.20.002.

RE: [released] Formatting hotkeys by djdannyp on 07-01-2010 at 02:55 PM

That option is enabled by default though.....and actually it doesn't matter which you option you select, pressing Ctrl+B, or using [b][/b] will make the text bold ;)