Shoutbox

The taskbar icon of chat windows - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: The taskbar icon of chat windows (/showthread.php?tid=94914)

The taskbar icon of chat windows by #BG on 07-01-2010 at 02:37 PM

What about having the same new taskbar icon while tabbed chatting is enabled?

RE: The taskbar icon of chat windows by djdannyp on 07-01-2010 at 02:40 PM

Do you mean the icon being green instead of blue?

Patchou has already said all the icons and interface and everything will be getting updated in Messenger Plus! Live 5

RE: The taskbar icon of chat windows by #BG on 07-01-2010 at 04:20 PM

Yes, it seemed for me that the green icon has been left from some older design, and it appears only when the tabbed chatting is enabled. I haven't heard about the planned change before, do we know when will it come out?

RE: The taskbar icon of chat windows by djdannyp on 07-01-2010 at 05:46 PM

There is no planned realease date for Messenger Plus! Live 5 yet, but it will be sometime after the final release of WLM 2011 (Scheduled for late Q3/4 this year I believe).  Yeah, the icons are left over from the version before WLM 2009, they were never updated for that and were always put down on the 'to-do' list of Messenger Plus! Live 5.

It only happens when tabbed chatting is enabled because that's the only time it changes the icons.  You can use some skins (I believe) to alter these icons, but you've put up with them for this long, I'm sure it won't hurt to wait a few months longer ;)

RE: The taskbar icon of chat windows by #BG on 07-01-2010 at 06:05 PM

I'll survive it somehow, I was just curious if you know about this thing, and I haven't found anything about it. Thanks for the information!