Shoutbox

Trouble with Battler Script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Trouble with Battler Script (/showthread.php?tid=94978)

Trouble with Battler Script by Nickle4aPickle on 07-10-2010 at 08:06 AM

I just downloaded Battler tonight, and I think it's amazing and hilarious!

But I've encountered a problem - after a couple of attacks, it stops responding to commands, even "QQ" (which is suppose to quit the battle).  But if I try to start a new battle, it says that one is already in progress.

To get it to end the battle, I have to manually end it in the scripts menu.  Kind of annoying.

Has anyone else been having this problem?  Better yet, is there a fix?

RE: Trouble with Battler Script by whiz on 07-10-2010 at 10:12 AM

It might be that it's trying to exceed the message limit, and so it can't send any more messages (I'm not sure how the script works, but that's a likely reason for it not to respond to messages).

RE: Trouble with Battler Script by Nickle4aPickle on 07-10-2010 at 07:29 PM

What do you mean my "message limit?"  Too many characters in one message, sending messages too fast, or something else?

RE: Trouble with Battler Script by whiz on 07-11-2010 at 01:17 PM

The Messenger servers limit the number of messages you can send a minute (15, I think).  If the script tries to send any more than this, then they just won't be sent.

RE: Trouble with Battler Script by Nickle4aPickle on 07-11-2010 at 05:56 PM

Oh!  I was not aware of that! o0;  At any rate, we never got up to that many messages when we were playing before it quit responding.

Also - when my friend and I tried again yesturday (this time he had downloaded msg+ and the script - before he did not have it), it worked fine.

What gets me is why would it work at all with someone who does not have it, just to quit working after a couple of messages?

RE: Trouble with Battler Script by matty on 07-12-2010 at 12:38 PM

As far as I am aware there isn't a limit to the number of messages you send in a minute. This limit is imposed by Messenger Plus! to prevent a script from flooding your contacts.

RE: Trouble with Battler Script by djdannyp on 07-12-2010 at 02:38 PM

Correct, having just tested myself I can confirm that there isn't a limit on messages per minute when sent normally.....however it may be different from within scripting as matty suggests that a limit may be imposed by Messenger Plus! Scripting

RE: Trouble with Battler Script by matty on 07-12-2010 at 03:00 PM

There is no question about it. Messenger Plus! limits the messages to prevent flooding.