Shoutbox

Win7 task bar? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Win7 task bar? (/showthread.php?tid=95020)

Win7 task bar? by Shurikenv on 07-15-2010 at 04:13 AM

i just installed messenger plus on my win7 64bit and it wont go into the bottom right of the task bar anymore like it should  is there a way to fix this?

Nathan.

RE: Win7 task bar? by NanaFreak on 07-15-2010 at 04:33 AM

windows live messenger does not go to the system tray in windows 7, it stays in the main section of the task bar...

RE: Win7 task bar? by Shurikenv on 07-15-2010 at 04:38 AM

yes it does when you turn the Notification for messenger live to show icon and notification   it worked before i installed plus

RE: Win7 task bar? by matty on 07-15-2010 at 12:04 PM

Plus! doesn't do that. Trust us. The only way is to run WLM in compatibility mode but this is not recommended and can cause problems with Plus!

RE: Win7 task bar? by Shurikenv on 07-15-2010 at 04:56 PM

..sigh /cry

RE: Win7 task bar? by matty on 07-15-2010 at 05:06 PM

This has nothing to do with Messenger Plus!. That is what we keep telling you. And also Windows Live Messenger does not minimize to the system tray. It stays in the task bar because that is how it is designed to work in Windows 7 because of the jump lists.

And please use the proper terms. The task bar is the area where running applications are. The system tray is the portion of the bar located near the clock where applications can be shown to be running without any windows visible in the task bar.

RE: Win7 task bar? by Menthix on 07-15-2010 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shurikenv
ok i know live messenger does it (with out comparability mode) because Microsoft fixed that
Fixed what? Messenger's taskbar/(lackof)systray behavior on Windows 7 has always been the same. It is different from previous Windows versions, give your self a few weeks/months to get used to it.

quote:
so would there be a way may be in a later release to fix that in plus
Fix what?
RE: Win7 task bar? by Shurikenv on 07-15-2010 at 05:14 PM

after some test (though i swear it was working the other way *shrug*) i did notice i had to put it in to the silly comparability mode i thought for sure they had fixed that to just work the way people are use to using it but go figure my such luck     thank you very much for your input and sorry for being such a pain lol its as usual all Microsofts fault

thank you

RE: Win7 task bar? by Lou on 07-15-2010 at 07:04 PM

quote:
i thought for sure they had fixed that
It's not broken, this is intended behaviour.
RE: Win7 task bar? by matty on 07-15-2010 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
quote:
i thought for sure they had fixed that
It's not broken, this is intended behaviour.
quote:
Originally posted by matty
And also Windows Live Messenger does not minimize to the system tray. It stays in the task bar because that is how it is designed to work in Windows 7 because of the jump lists.
:P
RE: Win7 task bar? by Shurikenv on 07-15-2010 at 07:19 PM

lol well i think its broken hehe but thats cus i like to close things on the main bar  and if i close that it signs me out :( 

RE: Win7 task bar? by djdannyp on 07-15-2010 at 07:34 PM

Well you'll need to learn that on Windows 7, the task bar is a lot different ;).  You'll soon get used to it

RE: Win7 task bar? by matty on 07-15-2010 at 07:41 PM

It no longer is known as a taskbar; in Windows 7 it has been labeled the "superbar". (The internet has labeled it superbar; Microsoft still calls it a taskbar)

RE: Win7 task bar? by Shurikenv on 07-15-2010 at 07:46 PM

well im mostly use to it just dont like how messenger works on it im no stranger to the changes just wish they would have made it optional with out having to do the comparability mode

RE: Win7 task bar? by djdannyp on 07-15-2010 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Microsoft still calls it a taskbar

Then it's a taskbar :P