Shoutbox

Serious Problem With Webcam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Serious Problem With Webcam (/showthread.php?tid=95053)

Serious Problem With Webcam by Arianna993 on 07-19-2010 at 03:24 PM

hey everybody! I could really use some help with a problem i'm facing. Here it goes : I try to send invitation for webcam to a friend and it just won't go. Let's suppose I'll send 30 times camera invitations in a day and it will actually go to my friend one time :S I tried everything i don't know what to do anymore. This problem started about a year ago and i don't know why. Moreover my friend sends me to but they never come to me. My webcam is fine and it shows my face in the screen but i don't know why it doesn't go. PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY :( :(

RE: Serious Problem With Webcam by djdannyp on 07-19-2010 at 04:58 PM

Your friend is probably using a newer version of Windows Live Messenger that has had the "Send your webcam" feature removed

Try doing a "Video Call" and see if that works

RE: RE: Serious Problem With Webcam by Arianna993 on 07-19-2010 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Your friend is probably using a newer version of Windows Live Messenger that has had the "Send your webcam" feature removed

Try doing a "Video Call" and see if that works

But no my friend has the same version of msn with me and when we send video calls it happens the same thing. it never goes. pfff :( :( heelp guys
RE: Serious Problem With Webcam by djdannyp on 07-19-2010 at 05:50 PM

What operating system are you using?

What webcam do you have?

RE: RE: Serious Problem With Webcam by Arianna993 on 07-19-2010 at 06:53 PM

quote:
What operating system are you using?

What webcam do you have?

I have Windows Vista and my webcam is the model : Philips SPC520NC :/ do u know how I can fix this in my msn? the point is that when it goes my invitation everything works fine. But within 5 minutes it closes it self :/
RE: Serious Problem With Webcam by djdannyp on 07-19-2010 at 07:15 PM

So you can get succesfully connected to another contact, both able to see each other's webcams....and then after 5 minutes it disconnects?

RE: RE: Serious Problem With Webcam by Arianna993 on 07-19-2010 at 08:10 PM

quote:
So you can get succesfully connected to another contact, both able to see each other's webcams....and then after 5 minutes it disconnects?

yes exactly but it's not only that after 5 minutes it shuts off itself. it is also that from the 50 times i will send invitations or my friend will send them to me the invitations will come to me or go to my friend 2 times only from the 50 :S